Profile for Margo > Reviews

Content by Margo

Margo "Margo" (London UK)

Backtrack: The Voice Behind Music's Greatest Stars
Backtrack: The Voice Behind Music's Greatest Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 11 Jun. 2015
This was a really good read. Tessa Niles takes you right behind the scenes and tells it like it is. She doesn't hold back either. You get the glamour, but you also get the downside story too- it's an honest account of what it is like to be close up in the hallowed halls of fame. She sounds like a nice person too- not up herself at all. Quite humble really. I enjoyed it.

Open: An Autobiography
Open: An Autobiography
by Andre Agassi

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breath of Fresh Air, 9 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Open: An Autobiography (Hardcover)
I was bought this book as a Christmas present. Not because I love tennis - I don't - but because it was given a great review in The Times. I am so glad for that review, because I could have easily missed this. Don't miss this. In our current celebrity culture it is wise not to waste valuable time on the drivel that masquerades as autobiography but this book is a rare exception. Other reviewers tell you what's in the pages so I won't duplicate their information but what I do want to say is that I felt like the guy was sitting talking to me at my kitchen table and he was looking me straight in the eye as he did. I enjoyed his company very much.