Profile for walkeri1 > Reviews

Take a Look in the Mirror: +DVD
Take a Look in the Mirror: +DVD
Offered by Music-Finder

5.0 out of 5 stars Korn - Take a look in the mirror, 1 Dec. 2003
The other reviews pretty much sum up what this album is like, however I actually think this is possibly the best album from Korn to date. As mentioned the Untouchable album was 50/50, a little experimental but to be honest did loose something. I think the band realised that and went back to what they do best.
The opening track is awesome and sets the benchmark for the rest of the album, listening with a little bit of fear that the album would noise dive my mind was put to rest. Each track just seems to get better than the last. By the time you are getting through track 4 you with have witnessed a brilliant blend of teeth gritting heavy riffs, excellent vocal dynamics and aggressive lyrics, It’s hard to imagine how they can maintain the standard…Track 5 just did it for me, It’s just fantastic and it just doesn’t seem to stop, track after track of head nodding, foot tapping, teeth gritting music with serious edge, wrapped up at the end with ‘When will this end’ which is a strange mix of melody and riffs from older tracks and just makes you want to hit ‘repeat all’ on your CD player.
This is honestly the first album for about 5 years that I have bought that I can listen to from start to finish over and over, I’ve had it two weeks now and it hasn’t left my CD player I think I’m on about the 40th listen…5 stars! Essential Buy! Pure Genius!!!!
(Plus you get a DVD with this which has a cool mix video of a few hit songs of each alubm they did, all this wrapped in a nice package, the best £13 I've ever spent!)