Profile for Catherine > Reviews

Content by Catherine

Catherine

1000 Things That Go (1000 Pictures)
1000 Things That Go (1000 Pictures)
by Sam Taplin
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best loved book in our house, 2 Jun 2014
I saw this at the Frankfurt book fair and was so impressed I bought it for my son as soon as I could. He's now 18 months and spends up to an hour daily looking at this book - first thing in the morning he wants to read it! The book itself is of very high quality, robust card pages with rounded edges so they won't tear or become dog-eared for a long time. Beautiful illustrations and my husband and I have certainly learned a thing or two while reading with our son. This book has become my go-to gift for toddler birthdays. Highly recommended for anyone who has a child who loves cars, trucks, trains, planes, etc!

Funskool Preschool Stacking Drums
Funskool Preschool Stacking Drums
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves them and so do I, 4 Sep 2013
I bought these for my 8 month old, he is still fascinated with them at 9 months and can't get enough of hiding them inside each other, knocking over towers, and feeling the animal outlines. I like the bright colors and the fact that they are not made in China (made in India) which is so hard to find with plastic kids toys these days.

Living in London: A practical guide
Living in London: A practical guide
by Junior League of London
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably useful, 16 Feb 2012
I can honestly say that this book was hands-down the best thing I purchased when I moved to London...and I only bought it after living in London for three years! I wish I'd bought it sooner, and I can't sing its praises highly enough. I recommend it to all my friends. It is particularly good for Americans moving to London, especially the chapter about cooking. I can't tell you how many baked goods I ruined before this book taught me the difference between American baking soda and British baking soda, and that's just one tiny specific thing this book sorted out for me. The chapter on children & schooling is also very well-informed, and I like the annual events section at the back - very useful for helping make the most of one's time in the UK and experiencing the best of Britain firsthand!