Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Norfolk, UK)

Russian Treasures
Russian Treasures

5.0 out of 5 stars Precision and beauty., 26 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Russian Treasures (MP3 Download)
Beautiful, balanced precise singing and a subterranean bass singer. The programme is very well balanced and superbly performed and recorded. If you love unaccompanied choir music you need this immediately!

Sony DSCWX50 Compact Digital Camera - Black (16.2MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny Powerhouse of a Camera, 13 April 2013
I bought this camera because I was so impressed with the camera function in the Sony Xperia phone my son has.

I wanted a small camera with a good sensor, good lens, high build quality and reasonable zoom, to carry around events for casual photography. As I am quite happy with my current mobile, I bought this as a standalone camera. I am delighted that I did!

If the camera had only delivered my basic requirements, I would still have been pleased, but it is a tiny device that just keeps on giving.

Firstly the picture makes it look bigger than it is. In reality it is about the same width as the length of an average finger, and about the same thickness.

The image quality of the 16MP sensor is stunning for a tiny camera, and the pictures look fantastic on my 55 inch Samsung TV. I would recommend viewing them via a Playstation though, as the Smart TV only shows small pictures.

So far so good, but what I was not expecting was the near broadcast quality of the 1080 movies! The colours are spectacular, and the motion is super smooth. Considering you are hard pressed to find the microphone on this camera, the stereo sound is amazing too.

I do not know what the transfer software is like, as I never bother with it, and Sony software can be a bit counter-intuitive, but I just take out the memory card and let Windows import the pictures and video into an album via a memory card reader.

The image stabilising system produces rock solid video on all but the highest setting of the 5X zoom. The "point and shoot" Intelligent Auto is the best I have ever used, and displays its ever changing settings on the viewfinder, as you move the camera around. It is absolutely loaded with stuff.

If all that isn't enough for you, it does one touch 180 degree panorama shots and "3D" (although I think this is a software trick, rather than 2 lens system) and the batteries (self contained Li Ion) last for ages. I was at the Gadget Show Live last week and took 99 pictures, and videos up to 2 minutes in length each, and the first battery indicator bar didn't even go down. Spare batteries are only about £8, anyway.

You will need a memory card though, I got a 16Gb Sandisk for £8.50.

One reviewer did say that he didn't get a mains charger with his. I did (via Amazon Marketplace) but this really wouldn't be a problem, as you can pick up a generic USB charger for a couple of quid.

The most amazing thing about this camera?.........it's only £99!!

Buy it now, before they change their minds!

Roberts Stream 83i Stereo DAB/FM/WiFi Internet Radio with 3 Way Speaker System
Roberts Stream 83i Stereo DAB/FM/WiFi Internet Radio with 3 Way Speaker System
Offered by Hughes Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything in one small box, 10 Jan. 2011
This excellent quality item is robustly built, sounds fantastic and provides all the music you could want, from a variety of sources.

My previous Roberts Stream was quite good, but lacking on sound quality, and annoyingly would not play a whole album when streaming music from a PC. I had to play each track individually, which was a pain.

I am very pleased to say this one does all this. The unit sounds excellent due to three speakers, and there is tons of high quality bass. Don't let the output wattage put you off, this radio "does loud" quite admirably.

Radio "replay" is all there, but you can only listen again with a pause, or start again, there is no rewind or wind on functions. This is not a major problem for me, but would be annoying if you especially wanted it to do this.

Connectivity is excellent, they have really thought of everything!

To make it perfect for me, they would have included a rechargeable battery option, but if you want quality sound and high build quality for around £100 buy it immediately!

Gabrieli: Music for San Rocco (1608) /Gabrieli Consort & Players · McCreesh
Gabrieli: Music for San Rocco (1608) /Gabrieli Consort & Players · McCreesh
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars Aural refreshment, 5 April 2008
McCreesh and members of this marvellous ensemble provide sumptuous aural refreshment to ears used to 21st century instruments. Not only does this collection provide precise and beautiful ensemble and superbly balanced harmonic richness, it also transports the listener to a grand and bygone age.
This sets the world standard for authentic early music.