Profile for S. Wallace > Reviews

Content by S. Wallace

S. Wallace (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Clippasafe Microwave and Oven Lock
Clippasafe Microwave and Oven Lock

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 30 Aug. 2008
A little inquisitive girl lives in my house and these locks are a god send. I don't allow her into kitchen when cooking- but we all know that cookers once turned off- have to cool down. I also put these locks on my tumble dryer, and fridge.

Sunshine Kids Stow 'n' Go Car Seatback Organiser
Sunshine Kids Stow 'n' Go Car Seatback Organiser
Offered by Cyclaire

1.0 out of 5 stars wasted, 30 Aug. 2008
Total waste of money it wouldn't sit neat on the back of the seat and I eventually threw it out

3.0 out of 5 stars not great, 30 Aug. 2008
I purchased two of these shades and wished I had thought about them first. My eldest granddaughter 18 months kicked at them until I had to remove it from her side of the buggy. The youngest was ok she is only 6 months but, I still had to shade her from the glare of the sun when laying her back. Ok if you don't have to lay the child back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldnt be without them, 30 Aug. 2008
I purchased these a few months back and am so glad I did, the children are happy to sit in the car on the hottest of days ( not that we have had that many ) But the shades also keep the car cool when empty. I have used the shades for privacy also when changing the babies in the car and feeding. I would recommend these as a priority for all babies and toddlers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 30 Aug. 2008
Good points
I find it incredible easy to use and handle, I am 52 years young and through family trauma now raising an 18 month old- and 5 month old. My first-wheels is my saviour. The brake system has never given any problems and collapsing is attained by three levers but, the lever in the middle pulls up and then you simultaneously pull the ones on each handle down. I attain this on my own. So easy and neat because the handle folds neatly into the chassis, I can put it into my Vauxhall easily and to open it I just release the lever that holds it together and away I go after putting the seats back on.
The children love it and I love the way my elder grandchild has the choice to look where she is going or I can turn her around, still seated-to face me. I can enter lifts and have never had a problem with shop doorways. My youngest granddaughter was always sleeping in the carrycot and has just transferred to the other seating unite. A real head turner and I'm constantly being asked where I purchased it.
Bad points
It is very flimsy when bumping up and down steps, or curbs, but I found it more stable if I held the inner handle.
The front wheels do buckle on the flimsiest of pavements in the swivel position. The seats have to be taken off to fold the chassis down, and a large boot is needed to accommodate.
But over all I will miss my first wheels when I need to use a single pram. I would recommend this pram.

TOMY First Years Starlight Dreamshow (Yellow)
TOMY First Years Starlight Dreamshow (Yellow)

5.0 out of 5 stars A much needed night-light, 17 Nov. 2007
I have acquired my little G/daughter at age 11 months; she was fretful to sleep in strange surroundings. This little night-light come musical/soother, is a god send. She now smiles at bed-time and happily lays down drifting off to sleep in a contented haze of colour and music. Well worth the money I am buying another just in case this one brakes down. I have to also admitting I like the ambience it creates in her room and have indeed lain with her and watched....Just a kid at heart lol.
Sharon Wallace author A house full of whispers

Spirit
Spirit
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Medeoka song choices, 17 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Spirit (Audio CD)
"Bleeding love" is about the best you will get from this album, I was disappointed with the choice of her other songs. A great voice, good looks, medeoka song choices.
Sharon Wallace author of "A house full of whispers"
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2008 2:56 PM BST

Ugly. The True Story of a Loveless Childhood
Ugly. The True Story of a Loveless Childhood
by Constance Briscoe

5.0 out of 5 stars But for the grace of god, go many!, 27 July 2007
I felt compelled to write a review about Constance Briscoe book Ugly, I was horrified many have accused the young girl of lying and turning up in school with bruises on her face, a fabrication and would never happen. I am also an author (well trying to be) a house full of whispers. I also say the same and believe me it DID HAPPEN I also had a badly broken leg at the time.........and no one questioned my bruises EVER....So please before you condemn a survivor of childhood abuse who opens her darkest hours for others to read......Think about her life and the way she was disbelieved the first time. I don't believe syntax errors have any bearing on whether a book is a good choice but rather the contents. Please try and put yourself with the author and until others have walked her mile, sit and wonder HOW IT WAS ALLOWED TO GO ON and not why. Abuse is a terrible legacy for any child.

The Queen [DVD] [2006]
The Queen [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Helen Mirren
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars spectacular job, 23 April 2007
This review is from: The Queen [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Helen Mirran did a spectacular job in bringing the queen to our screens; Michael Sheen - James Cromwell - Sylvia Syms excellently portrayed the characters they played. There were times I was totally lost in the scenes she played and had to remind my self it was actually not H R H. It was a glimpse into the house of Windsor and the reaction Diana's death had upon the establishment that rocked its foundations like no other before. I believe the film was a good media surge for H.R.H and to allow the public to see what the royals wanted them too. It threw the queen in a better light and gave the public more understanding. Diana's death coincided with the new Prime Minister, Tony Blair, portrayed excellently, and believable by Michael Sheen. This film is about a moment in history that had phenomenal results when England lost its rose. I am not sure that the public's view of the royals will change after watching this film, and believe personally it was used as a media scrum to help change attitudes of the house of Windsor. Directed by Stephen Frears, who also directed Dangerous Liaisons, High Fidelity and Dirty Pretty Things, a film worthy to watch if only to gather an insight how the other half lives, and watch Dame Mirran at her best- as she always is??

Sara Payne: A Mother's Story
Sara Payne: A Mother's Story
by Sara Payne

5.0 out of 5 stars Every one should read how this crime destroys not only the life it takes......but the rest left to pick up the pieces, 20 Mar. 2007
Sadly a child among many who died at the hands of a monster, I have lived through abuse and survived so do understand what terrors these little souls feel and breathed. Her parents suffered immeasurable grief and words will never ease the pain. I don't know what the answers are to stopping this heinous crime against young and old. But do believe that campaigning to make polygraph testing of all adults accused of this crime mandatory and the results used in a court of law....A law and petition I have started my self. We need to stop this crime before the hand is lifted and too many paedophiles walk amongst us in our own homes knowing a conviction is probably never going to happen as long as they destroy just enough of the child's body without D.N.A proof. Also a mandatory sentence should be given for fist time offenders and for repeat offender's life. Meaning life any person who takes the life of a child caused by the violation of the little cherubs should be prepared to lose their own and corporal punishment in some instances should be given. I like many others have now said enough is enough. Domestic abuse between man and wife if reported to the police is prosecuted without the aide of the partner who fist made the complaint.........A child who accuses should have the same curtsey given. As you can see this is a subject close to my heart one day little Sarah a voice will be heard and your suffering used to change the laws so other little girls and boys will be able to live free from fear, free from hurt and free to speak to the stranger in the street. Victim's, survivor's, and families of the ones who have been snatched so violently away must band together and become a tsunami of people..........

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5