Profile for Mrs K > Reviews

Dvd ~ Agata Pienio
Offered by FLASH
Price: 9.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great offering from Deanne Berry, 29 Nov 2011
I am a huge fan of the first DVD in this series, Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout [DVD], and was very disappointed in the two that followed, both featuring Fiona Fagan. They were very poor and a bit of a waste of money, but the Ministry of Sound has redeemed itself with this fantastic offering, which again features Deanne Berry from the first DVD.

As always, it may take a couple of goes to get the moves but once you've got them you do get a great workout. It is not quite as intense as Pump it Up: The Ultimate Dance Workout (the first one), but provides a great alternative for days when you can't quite face such a tough regime! Deanne is brilliant and the DVD has a great old skool aerobics feel to it while providing a thorough and fast-paced workout.

The only section I don't do is the dance section as I have no coordination whatsoever and can't do the moves well enough for them to be aerobically effective, but I find the warm up, aerobics, boxing, toning and cool down sections more than enough to satisfy my need for a great whole-body workout. Money well spent!

Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - The Ultimate Beach Body Workout [DVD]
Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - The Ultimate Beach Body Workout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pump It Up! Beach Body
Offered by TwoRedSevens
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy the original with Deanne Berry instead!, 29 Nov 2011
Well, after absolutely loving the first workout DVD in this series, Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout [DVD], this turned out to be a huge disappintment. The instructor is useless and nowhere near as clear and motivational as Deanne Berry. The regime is much harder to follow than those in the original DVD and when you do manage to work out what's going on it doesn't get you out of breath or make you sweat - I couldn't believe it when it had finished and I felt like I'd hardly done anything! The cool down stretching section was inadequate and the instructor just got more and more annoying as the DVD went on. Bring back Deanne Berry! If you want a decent workout DVD I'd strongly advise you to buy the original Pump It Up: The Ultimate Dance Workout and not waste money on this one.

Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - High Energy [DVD]
Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - High Energy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pump It Up
Offered by MediaMerchants
Price: 6.06

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh no not her again, 29 Nov 2011
This is a waste of time - if you want a decent workout DVD that is effective yet easy to follow, get the first one, Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout [DVD] featuring Deanne Berry. This is a huge disappointment in comparison - hard to follow, doesn't exercise you properly and has a ridiculous instructor who doesn't explain anything. Despite being used to aerobic/dance exercise regimes and workout DVDs, I just ended up standing around in confusion and not getting anything done. Don't waste your money!

Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout [DVD]
Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pump It Up!
Price: 6.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Best workout DVD I've ever done, 24 Nov 2011
This was the first workout DVD I ever bought and I have to say that, despite trying many others since, it remains my absolute favourite even after several years of use.

It does take about 3 or 4 plays of the DVD to get the hang of all the moves, but if you make the effort to do this you really will pick them up even though at the beginning it might feel like you won't! And when you do it really is worth it - the DVD gives you an amazing all-body workout and I've never found any other DVD or gym class that is as effective for me at keeping the weight off and toning up. It honestly has become my 'secret weapon' for feeling and looking physically fit, and without the monthly price tag of a gym membership. A great stress-buster too, after an annoying day at the office!

The music is great - really upbeat without being annoying - and the instructor Deanne Berry is an absolute star, very friendly and encouraging, you can't help but warm to her. As for the other dancers, I've read that some people find them off-putting but I just find them funny, and it adds to the fun factor of this workout.

For me, the DVD is great because it is hard enough work to really get a sweat going and feel like you've had a proper workout, yet not so hard that you never want to do it again - a perfect happy medium. And I have to say that having done it a few times a week for a long time, it still works me just as hard each time!

I've also read that some people think the cool-down session is too long - it is quite long but I actually really enjoy this opportunity to completely chill out and thoroughly stretch after the workout, much better than feeling like you haven't stretched enough. And this leaves you feeling really relaxed.

A brilliant workout DVD, 10/10!