Profile for C. I. H. Brown > Reviews

Content by C. I. H. Brown

C. I. H. Brown (Sheffield, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Excellent Accessories® Nokia Lumia 630 / 635 - Light Blue Universal Mini USB Bullet Style DC In Car Charger 12V USB Adapter + Micro USB Data Cable ( 2-in-1 Pack )
Offered by Online-Gadgets UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 2 Oct 2014
Excellent. Cable works fine to PC, and 'bullet' is great for connecting it in car. Bargain!

Lifemax Heated Back and Seat Massager
Lifemax Heated Back and Seat Massager
Offered by Gadget Grotto

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 July 2013
My partner has suffered from back pain for 16 years and suffered a slipped disk 6 weeks ago - we weren't sure we'd get away on holiday to Scotland (>6 hour drive) but this made all the difference! Obviously she'd had a few weeks for the pain to ease somewhat, but we strapped it to the passenger seat and away we went! She's previously tried a TENS machine and painkillers etc. but thinks this is the best thing since sliced bread! It's great that it can be used in the home OR in the car using the adapter that's provided. There's a variety of settings so that you can choose which areas to massage, at what intensity, with or without heat (lower back region). We've had this for 2 weeks now so only time will tell how long it might last, but at around £30 we think it was a bargain and would highly recommend it.

Daydream Basic Sleep Mask with Cool Pack Black
Daydream Basic Sleep Mask with Cool Pack Black

5.0 out of 5 stars zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, 15 Jun 2013
Wonderful. Never had a better night's sleep. It's like my own personal black-out blind. Well-made, adjustable, comfortable, perfectly blocks out the light from my partner's reading light! Highly recommend.

CUTE BUMBLE BEE CAR TAX DISC HOLDER REUSABLE
CUTE BUMBLE BEE CAR TAX DISC HOLDER REUSABLE
Offered by Rivieratrading

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 15 Jun 2013
Great image, and looked fine when it arrived; however, quite quickly I accidently splashed it with a couple of drops of water (seriously, a couple of drops, no more) and the 'ink' smudged. Then, I found that it was too small for what I wanted it for (yes, a UK tax disc will fit it in, and it's my parking services company that's at fault as my parking permit is a few mm larger than a tax disc so won't fit). The final straw came a few days after placing it inside my windscreen (holding a tax disc, having moved my parking permit to my old, larger holder!) - the edges of the central 'image' section completely curled so instead of a nice smiley bee looking back at me, it's a crumpled looking mess; and that was BEFORE we had any hint of sunshine that might have been burning down on it to cause the curling.

BIRDS (EUROVISION 2013)
BIRDS (EUROVISION 2013)
Offered by dutchtoni

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant CD (shame about the wait for delivery), 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: BIRDS (EUROVISION 2013) (Audio CD)
Similar to the previous reviewer, I had a long wait for this CD (ordered 19th May, arrived 14th June); however as far as I can see it's an import and the estimated timeframe for delivery was 23rd May to 14th June so to be fair I knew I might have to wait and the supplier (Giag-UK) did meet their deadline.

As for the track, I LOVE IT. I'm by no means a Eurovision fan, but this track really surprised me as it didn't sound like the usual Euro 'trash'. Plus, if you take a look at Anouk's website/YouTube channel you can watch the amazingly haunting video that goes with it, together with those for other tracks, all of which are fantastic 'short films'. Brilliant.

Epson Expression Home XP-305 Wi-Fi Small-In-One with LCD screen Printer
Epson Expression Home XP-305 Wi-Fi Small-In-One with LCD screen Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems good so far!, 23 Feb 2013
I only purchased this today so can't comment on its long-term performance. However, so far it's been easy to set up and looks smart. For anyone unpacking it and wondering where the power cable is - it's tucked inside! and you'll find it as you remove all the blue tape and packaging materials. It only took a few minutes to unpack and complete the initial setup - it comes with 'starter' inks which Epson warn may not last long as it's used to charge the print heads (and I guess may be a low capacity cartridge to start with anyway - only time will tell) so probably best to get some ordered so you have some 'in stock' when these run out. It took 10-15 minutes to install all the recommended software (although I guess if you know what you're doing, you might not have to install ALL it suggests). It then took about another 15 minutes to set up wifi (partly because I had one failed attempt). So far I've printed Epson's own 'test page' and a simple Word document of my own, and speed and print quality are good. I haven't tried photo printing as it wasn't what I was looking for, but I will be trying the scan and copy functions soon as that's what I need.

Acer Aspire X1 Desktop PC (Intel Core i5 3450 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, 2TB HDD, DVD, LAN, WLAN, Integrated Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm EXTREMELY pleased with this., 6 Feb 2013
This product is as described, so was just what I was looking for.

As another reviewer pointed out, this PC also has two USB 3.0 ports at the back (in addition to all its USB 2.0s). To be precise, the model I received is an X1935 (Core i5, 8GB RAM, 2TB HDD).

I read a review somewhere that suggested this PC could not be connected to an old VGA monitor, but IT CAN! Plugged into mine fine. It was all so easy to set up. Yes, there's lots of preloaded software but it's easy to ignore or uninstall (and actually Microsoft Office Starter has come in quite handy so far).

To be fair, my previous Compaq PC somehow managed to last 10 years with only 760MB RAM, 80GB HDD and Intel Pentium 4! so anything would be faster than that, but I'm VERY pleased with this. I currently use a slightly older (slightly lower spec) Acer Aspire at work but have always been pleased with its performance so would recommend the brand and would certainly recommend this model.

GENUINE Original DELL PA-12 PA12 65W AC Adapter Charger & UK Mains Cable for Latitude Inspiron Precision XPS Laptops , Brand NEW
Offered by ZZRTEC

5.0 out of 5 stars AC Adapter AND UK mains cable, 10 July 2012
I'd read a few reviews where customers were disappointed to find that their delivery contained either the AC adapter OR the UK mains cable, but not both. This item from Dealz-Station contains both items which do indeed appear to be genuine Dell (as far as my amateur eye can see!), at a bargain cost (£8.49 including FREE delivery) which arrived within a week and so far works perfectly (pleased to say that no sparks are flying as started to happen with my tired old one!) It all seems substantial enough so I expect it to last for a long time yet.

Universal battery tester
Universal battery tester

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a bargain, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Universal battery tester
I can't see why you'd need to pay more than the £2.44 I paid for this from 'imustbuy' (inc. FREE delivery, which arrived within a few days of ordering). It indeed appears to be Universal - you can test AAA, AA, mini cell, 9 volt PP3 MN1604 (plus some others listed which I don't know but you may recognise - HP16 MN2400, HP7 MN1500, HP11 MN1400, HP2 MN1300).

It's easy to use. The analogue display indicates whether the battery is 'good', 'low', or ready to 'replace'.

I've already tested all the batteries I could find in the house (compiled quite a collection over the years) and so have identified all those with some life left in them plus those to be 'disposed of safely'! I mainly use rechargeables now but it was worth getting this so that I could make the most of what's left in my non-rechargeables and clear a bit of clutter by disposing of those that are dead.

Duracell Capless 32GB USB Memory Drive
Duracell Capless 32GB USB Memory Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 20 Jun 2012
This works brilliantly and was a bargain compared with other similar sized memory drives. The only feature I question is the 'slide' cover for the USB connection - as it's not a full cap it doesn't actually protect it from dust which may become more of a problem when I've had this hanging around in my bag/pocket for a while.

Page: 1 | 2