Profile for Kirkintilloch John > Reviews

Bedside Table Beech 1 Drawer Cabinet Open Storage Selby
Bedside Table Beech 1 Drawer Cabinet Open Storage Selby
Offered by Brown Source Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, 6 April 2015
Really bought to organise all the bits and pieces beside an armchair rather than a bed but it works. Assembly reasonably straightforward and not too many bits left over at the end so instructions must have been clear. Looks fine.

Clarks Mens Casual Sidmouth Alley Leather Shoes In Black Wide Fit Size 11
Clarks Mens Casual Sidmouth Alley Leather Shoes In Black Wide Fit Size 11

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 28 Jan. 2015
I used to always get Clarks shoes in the sale but then they closed in Kirkintilloch. Happy to revive the habit online. I really need to have a wide fitting shoe and good to combine with a trusted name. No rubbing in the first few days and good soles for the slippy roads. Never can say that shoes are great until you've had them for a long while but happy for now.

Wall Indoor / Outdoor Wall Thermometer
Wall Indoor / Outdoor Wall Thermometer
Offered by iCUBE UK

4.0 out of 5 stars As described, 3 Dec. 2014
It is what you see. It comes on time, it works and you can't complain about the price. Slightly difficult to read if you wanted really accurate figures but good enough for my needs.

DESK LAMP / SMALL LED DESK LAMP / BATTERY LAMP
DESK LAMP / SMALL LED DESK LAMP / BATTERY LAMP
Offered by Price Attack Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 3 Dec. 2014
Very handy little lamps. Bought for potential power cuts but useful anyway. I like the look and am impressed with the light generated. Small enough to grab and use like a torch if the need arises. Bought two - may get more. Happy.

BT ADSL Microfilter. For use on an ADSL service from BT or other internet service provider.
Offered by Electromart-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars It basically works which is good. However, 21 Nov. 2014
It basically works which is good. However, I get some crackling on the line which wasn't there before. I dug out an old one that I had from years ago and the crackling disappeared. No evidence that this filter caused the crackling but it wasn't there before and it has gone now I've changed. Unconvinced but it's okay.

3m ADSL Cable - Premium Quality / Gold Plated Contact Pins / High Speed Internet Broadband / Router or Modem to RJ11 Phone Socket or Microfilter / White
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like it rather than love it, 21 Nov. 2014
I've given it five stars as it works and there are no problems with it. I really like it rather than love it. I don't see how I would ever love a cable. However, it seems mean to deduct any stars though as it does the job at a reasonable price.

Live At The Union Chapel London
Live At The Union Chapel London
Offered by Assai-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Reassuringly Billy, 19 May 2014
It is probably a good representation of what Billy Bragg is about for any newcomers with both old and new material. However, to me seeing Billy Bragg is just reassuring that he is keeping the faith (aptly in a chapel this time). The inclusion of a full rendition of Life's A Riot with Spy versus Spy takes me back to my teenage years and reminds me I'm getting on a bit but I can't really blame Billy for that. At a time when politicians say nothing that I can relate to it is good to still have Billy Bragg with lyrics that make sense to me. Ultimately, I accept it is not going to change the world but I can pretend once in a while.

Sunartis THB367 Outside Weather Station with Stainless Steel Frame and Thermometer Hygrometer and Barometer approx. Ø 21 x 4 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Happy, 6 Jan. 2014
Mostly positive about this product. It was a good price and arrived on time. A good start. It comes already calibrated and as I have no previous with barometers then this was a massive plus. Checking the readings against the met office site confirmed they are accurate.

The three dial display gives you extra info but is linked to the only problem I have with it. The dial that is displayed for the barometer starts around 980. However, living in soggy Scotland, the actual reading has been lower than that for most of the time since I got it. The barometer hand does still adjust correctly below 980 but you just have to estimate what the actual reading is. Overall, pretty happy and it looks good as well.

Trexus Basic Medium Book Case - Beech
Trexus Basic Medium Book Case - Beech
Offered by Jo's Stationery Shack

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 6 Dec. 2013
Bought this bookcase for my mother and as it had to fit a precise space this influenced my choice as much as price. Arrived within 24 hours (standard delivery) from Shoplet. Not a fan of self assembly but this was fairly straight forward. The instructions could be followed fairly well and it took roughly thirty minutes. The finished product is sturdy and looks like the picture (always a plus).

The only gripe was that they showed a chunky discount but then the p&p took it back to the non-discounted price (i.e. postage was over £20). Don't know why they did this or if they will continue. Silly of them really, as the overall price was competitive compared to other bookcases on other sites that would have fitted in the available space.

However, overall, this didn't take away from the level of service, quality of the product and overall decent price.

Time Out Country Walks Vol 1 (Time Out Country Walks Volume 1)
Time Out Country Walks Vol 1 (Time Out Country Walks Volume 1)
by Time Out Guides Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and Practical, 8 July 2013
Bought as a present for a cousin who lives near the area covered and is more into walking for pleasure than me. When I received it, I thought it was attractive and well presented and was almost stirred to action. The feedback I got was that it was pretty useful as a practical guide as well. Nice to look at and apparently does the job if you are actually going to get out there. All round good egg.

Page: 1 | 2