Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

One Degree North: An Action Thriller
One Degree North: An Action Thriller
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Action packed!, 29 July 2014
I was drawn to this book as I lived in Singapore in the 60s so the location appealed. I am not usually a huge fan of military undercover type novels but was totally hooked with this book. It is action packed, fast paced, brutal and well written with believable characters who I want to know more about. The events were also convincing as I was there during the 60s riots and recall the menace and brutality of those days. There just has to be a sequel or even a series from this author!

Black as Snow
Black as Snow
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Obsessions, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Black as Snow (Kindle Edition)
This book about the power of love is unusual on so many levels. The link to Snow White wasn't obvious but it worked for me as a modern day fairy tale. It had the good v evil thing going on, with interesting characters battling with their own quests in life, each searching for something or someone. The focus jumped between religious cults, materialism, revenge, sex , addictions and paranormal gifts! I think the word 'obsessions' would apply to every chapter and character with love, in all its manifestations, being the thread that holds it together. I liked the book but would be careful about who I would recommend it to.

FlipPix Art - Ages
FlipPix Art - Ages
Price: 1.30

2.0 out of 5 stars Glitch, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: FlipPix Art - Ages (App)
Love the game but it keeps freezing and locking my Kindle Fire so I can't actually complete the puzzles. Such a shame.

Netflix
Netflix
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Netflix (App)
Decided to trial Netflix as friends recommended it and I wasn't disappointed. I have found films I'd missed, films I wanted to see again and great films I'd never even heard of! Same for TV series and documentaries. You won't find the latest films etc on Netflix but with so many brilliant things to view, who cares?!

SD Tabletwear - New 2011 Kindle Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display Pro Book Case Cover - Purple - Includes Screen Protector
Offered by FoneM8store
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, 14 Feb 2014
Love my new Kindle Fire so protecting it was important to me. I chose this cover because I liked the material and it's folding capability. The fact that closing it shuts the Kindle down was a surprise bonus! Great colour too!

Battle.Net Authenticator (PC CD)
Battle.Net Authenticator (PC CD)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels
Price: 8.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 14 Feb 2014
An essential item for gaming security. Well worth the money knowing the number of sophisticated hackers out there. Don't wait to get hacked before realising this. It hurts too much!!

FlipPix Art - Wildlife
FlipPix Art - Wildlife
Price: 1.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: FlipPix Art - Wildlife (App)
Excellent strategy puzzle game. Builds up from easy levels to more challenging levels at a steady rate. Totally addictive and I hope that I can find additional levels or similar game when,, or even if, I complete all it has to offer!

Obstacles
Obstacles
Price: 2.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Obstacles (Kindle Edition)
It was the story line that led me to this book. I was intrigued by the idea of a doctor trying to cheat death for his patient. It is action packed with the characters experiencing a wide range of challenges that draw you on to the next chapter. One of those 'just a few more pages' books, as your clock tells you it is time to get some sleep! The author's style is rather intense as everything happens to the maximum level, which can be a bit exhausting. It would have benefited from a change of pace in places. All in all though, a worthwhile read from a new author.

The Physics Of The Dead - A Supernatural Mystery Novel
The Physics Of The Dead - A Supernatural Mystery Novel
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile, 19 Jan 2014
I was going to give this book 2 stars (worth reading but not on my hot list) but the ending was good enough to earn that extra star! The author succeeded in portraying the confusion of his characters in this particular afterlife world as that is how I felt reading it. Numerous flashbacks add to the confusion as does the 'Pinteresque' writing style. (Harold Pinter fans would love it!) The subject drew me in and the author won me over by the end. If I finish a book caring about the characters and their fates, as I did here, then I consider it a worthwhile read.