Profile for Paul > Reviews

Replacment Apple 60W Magsafe Charger 2 Years Warranty
Replacment Apple 60W Magsafe Charger 2 Years Warranty
Offered by Affordable Mac

3.0 out of 5 stars Fake but it seems to work, 23 Jan 2014
I would have given 4 stars had the advert been more honest. Despite being listed as by 'Apple', this adapter is fake (confirmed at an Apple store). I've had two real A1344 adapters from Apple, and both stopped working in under a year, so I'm not bothered about getting an original - but you might be.

As far as I can tell (i.e. only using with my laptop), the adapter seems to work fine. I've had it for around a month. In terms of appearance, it's almost identical to my real chargers. The most obvious difference is that it's missing the Apple logo from side of the adapter.

Note: despite picture, does not come with plug. Also, I'm not sure what I would do to claim on the '2 Years Warranty' should I need to: no guarantee card or similar (or in fact anything at all) was provided with the adapter.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2014 2:58 AM GMT

Tip.Tech:Genuine Samsung - Micro USB - Datacable (APCBU10BBE) compatible with samsung B3210 Corby TXT, B3310, B5722, B7620 Giorgio Armani, B7722, Beam I8520, Blue Earth, C6112, Champ C3300K, E2100, E2370, G810, Galaxy 3 I5800, Galaxy Apollo i5801, Galaxy Lite, Galaxy Portal, Galaxy S, Genio Qwerty, Genio Slide, Glamour S5150, Glamour S7070, H1, i5500 Corby, i5700 Galaxy Spica, i8510 INNOV8, I8520 Halo, Jet S8000, Jet Ultra Edition, Knox, Lindy M5650, M2310, M2510, M3310, Miss Player, Monte Bar C3200, Monte S5620, Omnia HD i8910, Omnia II I8000, Omnia Lite, Omnia PRO 4 B7350, Omnia Pro B7610, Pixon12, Player Star 2, S3370, S5150 Diva Folder, S5560, S7070 Diva, S7350 Classico, S7350 Ultra Slide, S8300 Ultra Touch, Shark 2 S5550 , Shark 3 S3550, Shark S5350, Tocco Ultra Edition, Wave 2 Pro S5330, Wave 2 S5250, Wave S8500
Offered by Invero

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't complain for the price/luck of the draw?, 23 Jan 2014
I've bought two of these, but from different sellers. One was high quality and quite possibly from Samsung. The other was low quality and clearly a fake. Both work fine for transferring data, and the high quality cable is also fine for charging. The low quality cable does charge my phone, albeit very slowly.

Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter for MacBook
Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter for MacBook

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 9 months, 3 Jan 2014
Probably used for about an hour a day over 9 months.

Apple would not replace under warranty because I didn't buy it from them so claimed to be unable to ascertain date of purchase (my Amazon receipt was not enough), and of course the original seller did not help (they're under no requirement after 9 months).

PC Trading® USB Virtual 5.1 Stereo External Sound Card - Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32-Bit + 64-Bit) and Windows 8 (32-Bit + 64-Bit) - Plug and Play Compatibility - Supports Virtual 3D Sound
Offered by PC Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful; works on ubuntu 12.04, 3 Jan 2014
Bought a PC with no soundcard. This works fine on Ubuntu for headphones (haven't tried microphone). I guess the sound quality is not amazing, but through my ordinary headphones it's fine.

(Not sure why, but adjusting the volume is a bit awkward. One step down and there's no sound, one step up and it's very loud. Could be the operating system - just mentioning in case you're buying to use with ubuntu 12.04.)

Corsair CH-9000003-UK Vengeance K90 Performance MMO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Corsair CH-9000003-UK Vengeance K90 Performance MMO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality keyboard but with some flaws, 3 Jan 2014
This is my first mechanical keyboard. I've used many keyboards over the years, but have never given them much thought. I'm therefore no keyboard expert, but I do have to type a lot. Over the last couple of years my fingers have started hurting while typing (particularly my little fingers). I use a text editor that makes use of many multi-key combinations (emacs). I like using this keyboard because the keys are so sensitive, meaning I barely have to apply any pressure to type. My fingers do now seem to hurt less, but I've only been using this keyboard now for a few months. Now I hate using ordinary keyboards!

This keyboard seems to be high quality to me. I made the compromise of getting this slightly cheaper keyboard at the expense of not all keys being mechanical, and that was probably the right decision for my first mechanical keyboard - but I'd prefer all the keys to be mechanical.

I'd also like to be able to tilt the keyboard away from me - but it only tilts towards.

The wrist rest seems pointless to me. (Also, mine came missing a screw, but Corsair speedily sent a new wrist rest.)

It's also a pretty big (wide) keyboard!

The back lighting is very bright, even on the lowest setting.

Works fine on linux (I don't use the macro keys - I don't know how to program them on linux, but I'm not interested in them anyway).

HDMI TO VGA Cable Adapter for PC Laptop Power-Free, Raspberry Pi, MHL support
HDMI TO VGA Cable Adapter for PC Laptop Power-Free, Raspberry Pi, MHL support
Offered by CableMac

3.0 out of 5 stars Just about works for my Dell laptop, 1 Jan 2014
If I wiggle it around, it works!

Also. sometimes Windows gets confused about what resolutions are available, but after fiddling around plugging and unplugging it, it usually ends up working fine. Once working, I have to be careful not to move the laptop in case it loses contact and stops working again.

Other HDMI cables (to HDMI) are fine in this laptop, so I don't think it's the laptop's socket.

AOC E2450SWHK 23.6 inch Widescreen Multimedia LED Monitor (1920x1080, 2ms, VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, Eco Mode, i-Menu)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value screen, 1 Jan 2014
Picture looks nice to me.

The speakers aren't great, but I didn't expect them to be good. Fiddly controls, but that seems standard these days.

AOC replaced my first one (without quibbling) because the HDMI input was faulty.

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by memorycapital

3.0 out of 5 stars Works with some devices, not with others..., 23 Dec 2013
...whereas a more expensive cable I have works with all devices I've tried.

(For the devices where it works, it's just as good as the more expensive cable.)

Lm Technologies 802.11g Wireless G USB Network Adapter for PC
Lm Technologies 802.11g Wireless G USB Network Adapter for PC

5.0 out of 5 stars Works immediately in Ubuntu 9.04, 12 July 2009
I plugged this into my Ubuntu 9.04 system and it worked immediately. I've now used it every day for two weeks on the same network without any problems.

It has similar reception strength and speed as other wireless USB sticks I've used. I am not demanding about the performance of my wireless network, so I have not tested its performance in detail.

Intelex Cozy Plush Microwaveable Warmer Penguin
Intelex Cozy Plush Microwaveable Warmer Penguin
Offered by Heat-Treats

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent if you like penguins and lavender and warmth, 12 July 2009
The seller's description is accurate.

The lavender smell does fade after a couple of weeks, so even if it's a little strong at first, it's not a big problem.

Page: 1 | 2