Profile for S. Dales > Reviews

Content by S. Dales

S. Dales (S.Yorkshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Caterpillar Trademark Banner L/S Tee / Mens T-Shirts / Tee Shirts (4XL) (Black)
Caterpillar Trademark Banner L/S Tee / Mens T-Shirts / Tee Shirts (4XL) (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars 4XL fits my 52" chest, 30 Jun 2014
Ive bought two of these tops, mainly for wearing as an extra layer under my motorbike outfit. Im a 50/52" chest and the 4XL size fits me great.

Super Deal Genie 10M 33FT CCTV Camera DVR Video Power Security Surveillance BNC RCA Connector Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Used to extend my Swann CCTV cameras, 30 Jun 2014
Purchased this as I decided to reposition one of my Swann CCTV cameras but the original cable wasn't long enough. This cable enabled me to position the camera where needed.

Please note - I did need to purchase an adapter so that this cable could be connected to my original cable, sadly I can't remember whether I needed a male/male or female/female adapter. Adapter was sourced on ebay for just a couple of .

Motorcycle DIN Hella Socket Dual USB Charger for Phone / GPS SatNav
Motorcycle DIN Hella Socket Dual USB Charger for Phone / GPS SatNav
Offered by Buybits Addons
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitted to my BMW R1200GSA motorbike, 30 Jun 2014
This fits nicely into the 12v socket below the seat on my 2009 GSA. I route an Apple Lightening cable from this usb socket, along my bike frame and up to the tank bag to charge my iphone5. The standard cable that came with my iphone5 is just the right length. I few plastic tie clips strategically place on the bike frame and left slightly loose means I can quickly install/remove the cable when needed. When not in use, I keep this socket in my top box.

Aigle Rubber Boots Unisex_Adult Parcous 2 Outlast Bronze Hunting Boots 84308 12 UK, 47 EU
Price: 152.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Like slippers, but for mud., 9 Feb 2014
I spend my winter Sunday mornings stood by a boggy rugby pitch watching my son play, with freezing cold feet. So I researched lots of different wellies and the Aigles all had excellent reviews. Their neoprene lined boots looked great, but I opted for their Outlast lined boots, due to their claims of regulating your foot temperature. They certainly aren't cheap, but I thought i'd give them a try.

The Bronze colour is actually a dark green, and the Outlast lining is recognisable by its orange colour. These are super comfy boots, as comfy as slippers. Perhaps this is because they are made of a soft & very flexibly rubber, in contrast to traditional wellies. Having tried them out on the rugby pitch I was very pleased, my feet remained warm and they were extremely comfy to wear. I probably wouldn't risk wearing them as builders wellies due to their cost, but if your doing any amount of walking or standing around then they are perfect.

Makita BJV180Z 18V Li-Ion Naked Cordless Jigsaw
Makita BJV180Z 18V Li-Ion Naked Cordless Jigsaw
Price: 144.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Makita BJV180Z jigsaw (bare, no batteries)., 9 Dec 2013
I needed to make a cut out for a sink in a 30mm bathroom worktop, and so after reading all the positive reviews I purchased this Makita BJV180Z jigsaw. Using a Makita laminate blade I was able to cut through the worktop like butter. It has a light that illuminates when you turn the jigsaw on, which is very useful for following a pencil line. I already own a Makita 18v 3.0amp cordless drill with two batteries and charger, so I use these batteries for both this jigsaw and my Makita cordless circular saw . This model is a BARE jigsaw and as such it doesn't come with any batteries or storage box, but I already had my own box and they are available online to buy separately. The jigsaw does however come with a few blades to get you started. Overall this jigsaw is perfect.

Sunpet Set of 4 300ml Red Top Plastic Food Storage Canisters Jar Kitchen
Sunpet Set of 4 300ml Red Top Plastic Food Storage Canisters Jar Kitchen
Offered by UK HOT BARGAINS
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Indian spices, 9 Dec 2013
I use these 300ml and some 100ml canisters for storing Indian spices. I found the common glass spice jars wouldn't allow me to get a teaspoon into them to measure the spices. I now buy my spices in bulk and pour them into these tubs. They are made of thin plastic, but I find them ideal for my needs. The 100ml canisters whilst not as tall are actually wider.

100g | KASHMIRI CHILLI POWDER MILD CHILLI POWDER CHILI POWDER GROUND CHILLI CHILLY KASHMIRI PAPRIKA
Offered by falconsuperstore
Price: 1.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to find in supermarkets, 9 Dec 2013
I spent ages looking in supermarkets for Kashmiri Chilli Powder, but they just don't seem to sell it. Thankfully I found this powder on Amazon, It comes in a clear sealed bag, but I poured it into an airtight jar to save mess. I can now make those curries that I wanted to try.

ICON 30
ICON 30
Offered by Fastlec
Price: 88.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Airflow Icon 30 & Humidity Mudule, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: ICON 30 (Kitchen & Home)
Although not purchased via Amazon, Ive recently fitted the Icon 30 fan in my bathroom to help extract the steam from the shower, I chose it due to its quiet noise level, appearance, self opening/closing iris (avoiding draughts), Zone 1 compatibility & the ability to fit different switch modules.

Fitting was fairly simple, I hired a drill and diamond core bits to bore the holes through my bathroom wall. I say 'holes' because you do need to bore two holes to fit this fan, the first 160mm diameter hole needs to be drilled on the inside of the wall to a depth of 70mm (check Airflow website) to receive the body of the fan, and then a narrower hole of 110 mm needs drilling to take the flexible or rigid ducting (not supplied). This info isn't easy to find on their website, but click on their 'Operating Instructions PDF' link to reveal it on the 4th page...

[...]

I couldn't find a larger 160mm drill bit, so I first drilled the 110mm hole and then went around the outside of this with a 50mm drill bit, before chipping away with a chisel. Jubilee clips will be needed to attach the flexible ducting. You will also need to fit a grill onto the outside of your wall (again not included).

For the switch I chose their HTM 72687103 'Humidity Module' with pull cord as I didn't want the fan wired to my light switch, the reason being I didn't want the fan coming on at night every time someone went into the bathroom. Despite some negative comments on other reviews, the humidity switch works perfectly, but it does need some adjustment at first to find its 'balancing point'......

After my electrician had sorted out the wiring, i fitted the fan and left the fascia cover off whilst I set about adjusting the humidity and timer sensors. Each of these consist of a small dial that you turn left/right with the supplied tool (or screwdriver) to adjust sensitivity. First I set the timer both to its minimum setting, whilst setting the humidity dial to its most sensitive. I then turned on my shower and the fan quickly turned itself on. Briliant! Or so I thought. At its most sensitive setting it kept self activating through out the day due to the damp humid winter air in the bathroom. I spent the next day or so checking the fan and adjusting the humidity dial, making it less sensitive. Once I felt I had got the is right, I adjusted the timer so the fan stayed on for the required time (allowing time for taking a shower plus an extra 15 mins overrun). The pull cord allows you to override the switch and turn the fan on manually, though the pull cord won't switch it off again, the fan has to run its course (timer switch) before switching itself off.

Once I was happy I fitted the fascia cover. The iris in the fascia opens by itself, but there is a few seconds delay before it does so. The fan now works perfectly, switching itself on a minute or sa after I have turned on the shower. But it is essential to spent time adjusting the switch dials to gets the balancing point, before finally fitting the fascia.

Optimum Boy's Velocity Thermal Rugby Gloves - Plain Black, Small
Optimum Boy's Velocity Thermal Rugby Gloves - Plain Black, Small
Price: 13.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 7yr old sons rugby lessons, 30 Nov 2013
I wanted to get my 7yr old son some gloves to wear during his outdoor rugby lessons this winter. I eventually settled on these gloves and he is very pleased with them. They are grippy enough for him to catch/hold the rugby ball whilst keeping his hands warm.

It was difficult knowing which size to buy him, he's a big lad for his age but the 'small' size fit him perfectly.

James Martin ZX809X Spice and Coffee Grinder (993497555)
James Martin ZX809X Spice and Coffee Grinder (993497555)
Offered by Ben Madigan
Price: 26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for spices, 20 Oct 2013
I purchased this (from argos) purely for making my own garam masala as I was fed up with using a pestle & mortar. It works brilliantly. It can only make small quantities (approx 100ml) at a time. If you are only wanting to grind a tiny amount of spices then it comes with an adapter which basically halves the size of the grinding bowl. The electric cord is quite short, but it stores away neatly by pulling the base of the grinder out from the body, and wrapping the cord around, then you push the base back in. Very neat.
One slight negative I noticed was when washing the main bowl, I saw a small amount of water trapped between the bowl and the outer casing. Other than that, its a great item for grinding spices.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5