Profile for 1124star > Reviews

Content by 1124star

1124star

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Naughtiest Girl: 3: Naughtiest Girl Is A Monitor (The Naughtiest Girl)
Naughtiest Girl: 3: Naughtiest Girl Is A Monitor (The Naughtiest Girl)
by Enid Blyton

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a formulaic sequel, 17 May 2012
This book was entertaining, I have to admit and I was reading it as I love Enid Blytons school stories.
But I have to say I was rather disappointed that the plot line was EXACTLY the same as The naughtiest girl again except with different characters etc. Although it was enjoyable it seems like Blyton is scraping the bowl for more money by using the same story line. Wouldn't purchase.

Kodansha's Furigana Japanese-English Dictionary
Kodansha's Furigana Japanese-English Dictionary
by Masotoshi Yoshida

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 17 May 2012
I have found this dictionary incredibly useful and easy to use. It contains a broad selection of words. The furigana (kana above the kanji) is particularly helpful and was one of the reasons I purchased it as many dictionaries do not have this.
Was recommended to me by Japanese teacher and School. Good for both japanese students and foreigners.

Ai To Yasuragi No Orgel Hayao Miyazaki Best Music Box Collection
Ai To Yasuragi No Orgel Hayao Miyazaki Best Music Box Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 17 May 2012
This is a nice selection of tunes played well. I was pleased to see some less well known songs such as Fire Treasure from Lupin III. I was not too keen on the music box sound when I first got it but it has grown on me and I quite like it now. It was rather expensive for what it is but I have enjoyed listening to these songs. The tunes are surprisingly complexed and bear suprising resemblance to that of the studio recordings.
Overall a very nice CD which I am pleased about purchasing.

Aulton's Pharmaceutics: The Design and Manufacture of Medicines, 3e
Aulton's Pharmaceutics: The Design and Manufacture of Medicines, 3e
by Michael E. Aulton BPharm PhD FAAPS MRPharmS

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 16 May 2012
This book has been a great help to me. I have found it very useful for pharmacy. I would have liked a few more explanations of terms but otherwise very good.

Converse CT All Star Hi Top Plimsolls , Trainers - Black - Size 3 UK
Converse CT All Star Hi Top Plimsolls , Trainers - Black - Size 3 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, 16 May 2012
I have always wanted these shoes and I simply adore them. they are very comfortable and of a much better quality than the ones you can buy in the supermarket. Good for casual and in a modern environment - smart. Looks great with jeans, leggings, suits, skirts pretty much anything!
Very good fit. The only negative is they take a while to do up and undo but other than that they are faultless!

Pharmaceutical Calculations Workbook
Pharmaceutical Calculations Workbook
by Ian Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 16 May 2012
This has been really useful for me to keep up to scratch on my calculations. I like the blank pages so you can easily jot down working. The answers are easy to find and it is set out in a logical order so I have no difficulty finding the page/topic.
Ever so useful for my studies and very handy.

Pumpies Youth Lounger Flat Fuscia PM163F 5 UK
Pumpies Youth Lounger Flat Fuscia PM163F 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit big but generally good, 16 May 2012
These shoes are of a very high quality and very hard wearing. I wear them for just popping out and about to the shops. Suitable for walking far. not very glamorous but that is no problem since I wear them with casual trousers.
They are comfortable but a little too big for me. i purchased a size 5 but I think a 4 would have been fine.
On the whole very pleased with them.

Kodansha's Furigana English-Japanese Dictionary (Japanese for Busy People)
Kodansha's Furigana English-Japanese Dictionary (Japanese for Busy People)
by Masotoshi Yoshida

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful despite my mistake, 16 May 2012
I accidentally purchased this exclusively english to japanese dictionary when I intended to by one containing english to japanese AND vice versa. However this was not a problem - I just purchased to other dictionary aswell. Very easy to use and has a wide range of words and useful tips. the furigana (kana symbols above the kanji) is incredibly useful for an intermediate like me (I'm english but am learning japanese)
Very useful for my studies and I will make good use of it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Totoro? Love this t-shirt!, 16 May 2012
Really nice t-shirt with a beautiful bright image of very high quality print of a sweet monkey wearing a totoro outfit and leaf umbrella. Fitted me fine and is great, I love it!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Super for any mole-lover, 16 May 2012
I am a total fan of moles so this was a fantastic t-shirt. It is good quality for the price and fitted me fine.
I would like to note that although the mole appears to be on a white rectangle which is of a contrasting colour to the remainder of the t-shirt, this is not the case in the actual product.
Looks great with my black jeans.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3