ARRAY(0xae1169c8)

Profile for C. Vos > Reviews

Content by C. Vos

C. Vos (Athlone, Ireland)

There Comes A Time - The Best Of Martin Stephenson And The Daintees
There Comes A Time - The Best Of Martin Stephenson And The Daintees

3.0 out of 5 stars Trip down memory lane, 3 May 2010
I only ever owned one MS & the D album. It was back in the mid 80s. I haven't owned it in years but songs like Nancy, wholly humble heart or Me & Mathew have stuck with me over the years and I have often found myself humming bits of them. To be honest, I'd of loved just to get that album but it doesn't seem to be available so I decided to go for the best of collection. I'm glad I did, as it introduced me to some more wonderful songs that I would have missed out on. I can't say I'm a fan of everything on the CD but for anyone that has a nostalgic urge to listen to Martin Stephenson, this is a very good way to go about it.

Ultimate Origins TPB (Graphic Novel Pb)
Ultimate Origins TPB (Graphic Novel Pb)
by Brian Michael Bendis
Price: 12.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great, 4 Jan 2010
I've been a fan of Marvel Comics for many, many years. I've enjoyed some of the work in the Ultimate universe, and this was a good read, but by no means a classic. The art is great - the story is weak.

That said, I'll probably purchase the next few books anyway... just to see what happens.

X-Large Weekly Notebook (Moleskine Srl): Tischkalender. Ganze Woche auf zwei Seiten
by Moleskine
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great diary, 4 Jan 2010
This is the 3rd year I have purchased this diary. For me, it is the best way to organise myself as it allows plenty of room for notes and lists beside the date pages, and yet is more compact than an a4 diary.

The South Beach Diet Super Charged
The South Beach Diet Super Charged
by Arthur Agatston
Price: 8.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but I still prefer Aitkins, 4 Jan 2010
IT's a clear diet book - well laid out, but I have a preference for Aitkins. However, for some this would still be the right book.

Neither Here, Nor There: Travels in Europe
Neither Here, Nor There: Travels in Europe
by Bill Bryson
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Bryson at his best, 1 Dec 2009
If you love Bryson, you'll love this. Having traveled to many of these places myself, it's great to read his take on some of Europe's finest cities. Absolutely useless as a travel guide, but great fun as a read!

Double Trouble: Twins and How to Survive Them
Double Trouble: Twins and How to Survive Them
by Emma Mahony
Price: 8.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 1 Dec 2009
Bought it for my fiancée as we're expecting twins in June, and ended up reading it cover to cover myself. I think all men should read this if there are twins coming into their life.

Sandman: Endless Nights
Sandman: Endless Nights
by Neil Gaiman
Price: 11.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to the Sandman Story, 10 Oct 2009
Having recently started collecting the Sandman TPBs, I was delighted to see that once I had finished 'The Wake' it wasn't all over.

The tales in this collection are diverse in style - both in prose and also in visuals. It adds another dimension and depth to the characters of the Endless that we have come to enjoy in the previous books.

Recommended to Fans - as a novice, I suggest you start at the beginning...