Profile for Dave > Reviews

Content by Dave

Dave (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Sony PlayStation DualShock 3 Controller (PS3)
Sony PlayStation DualShock 3 Controller (PS3)
Offered by Ego`s Shoes

1.0 out of 5 stars Suspect controller, 29 April 2014
I bought one of these in December, which makes the product 6 mths old in about a weeks time. The right analogue stick has broken in that it does not recenter, as if the spring mechanism has failed. The product was sold by another vendor but "Fulfilled by Amazon" I'm told that means it comes from Amazon's stock. I think it is easy to say after a controller breaks that it "felt wrong", or it seemed like something was odd, but to start with I'll stick with what I can see. Side by side with my original this controller looks identical, I can see no discrepancy, however.
1. When the console is booted from the controller's PS button, about 50% of the time the controller does not sync once the console is running, the 4 lights just keep flashing, and an on screen message prompts to "Press PS button on the controller" this is not the case with the original. I have tried re-sync a number of times.
2. When the usb charge cable is plugged in it is not straight, ie the socket is offset to the left slightly, a build quality issue I have not noticed with other genuine controllers.
3. The battery time is approximately 25% of the play time of the original, that's a very big difference, and that is based against my now 3 yr old controller.
The "bare bones" I took it apart, so yes the warranty is void.
4. First thing I noticed when I took the back or base off, the R2 and L2 triggers are connected to the back / base cover. On the original you rotate the cover off being careful not to dislodge the triggers if you don't need to as they can be a pain to put back, everything is connected to the top cover.
5. With controller cover off and joy sticks down, rt thumb stick to the left, the battery connect to the circuit board via a small plug and socket on the right side, on all other originals I have seen this is on the left of the circuit board.
6. On the original controller the only wires from the circuit board (fine red and black wires) connect the board to the motors in the handles for vibration. This controller has thick white wires connecting to the action buttons and D pad.
7. Within the original, there is a white plastic housing in which the circuit board and motors sit, this is absent on this controller.
In short in my view this is a counterfeit controller.
As I said outside this controller looks identical, weight wise feels the same, I would say the thumb sticks felt a little stiff (though not the right one now), and this exaggerated character movement. Having now fixed my original controller and using it again this difference has become very noticeable.
in short, or not so short, It would appear this controller is not genuine

Asus X55C 15.6 inch laptop-Black (Intel Core i3 2328M, 4Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, DVD-SM, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little notebook, 10 July 2013
I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago, though not from here. I actually think it's a good value notebook.
Pro's
Lightweight
Bright display
Nice big keyboard
Decent battery life for a full notebook.

Con's
Someone else mentioned it...the charging pin does feel a little delicate
The usual factory software.
The manual, the one that is stored on the computer is not up to much.

On the subject of Windows 8. I actually like it. It does take some getting used to, but I think if you give it time it's all right. I think most of people are used to just knowing how the computer works (basic functions) and here you need to re learn this program to get the most out of it. I do agree it shines on touchscreen devices, more so than on this.

iGadgitz Black Leather Pouch Case Cover for HTC Radar C100e Windows Smartphone Mobile Phone
Offered by iGadgitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little case, 4 Jan 2013
Very nice little case. Initially I was a little sceptical about the "tight fit" no other case has been quite so tight on any phones I have had, however it has worked out fine so far and I am pleased with the purchase. It appears to be well made and does the job as one would expect.

Samsung Universal Soft Leather-Effect Smartphone Pouch Case Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Ace 2, Galaxy Y and Galaxy W - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the right phone size, 12 Dec 2012
This is a nice little case which fits the Samsung Tocco sized models "like a glove" Obviously fitting those like a glove makes it unsuitable for larger models. If your phone is the right size, this is a great buy.

Caterpillar CAT Insulated Tech Jacket (453) | Waterproof + Breathable
Caterpillar CAT Insulated Tech Jacket (453) | Waterproof + Breathable

5.0 out of 5 stars Caterpillar CAT Insulated Tech Jacket (453) | Waterproof + Breathable, 10 Jan 2012
Was looking for a smart good quality jacket for everyday use. Have had Caterpillar stuff before and always found it to be good value for money. This jacket is no exception, great quality, excellent winter jacket, very warm. PLenty of pockets

Helly Hansen Duffel Bag - Black, 90 Litre
Helly Hansen Duffel Bag - Black, 90 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Helly Hansen Duffel Bag 90 Litre, 15 Dec 2011
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
I prefer to do most of my travelling without a suitcase. I needed a large holdall to replace my old one after several years of use. I am familiar with the Helly Hansen brand when it comes to outdoor clothing, as a brand of quality, so when I saw the price of this bag I felt I had to give it a try. I was not disappointed. Like all the HH products I have bought in the past, this is also quality. Very heavy duty material, sturdily constructed. Excellent value imho.

Hush Puppies Men's Lithium Black H12417000 9 UK
Hush Puppies Men's Lithium Black H12417000 9 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Hush Puppies Men's Lithium Boot, 15 Dec 2011
I was looking for a cheap pair of Chelsea boots and managed to pick these up at a decent discount. They look smart and seem well made, though very lightweight. I found them slightly on the large side, always a risk when buying online, however a cheap pair of cushioned in soles fixed this. They are reasonably comfortable for a basic lightweight boot. If you can pick them up at or near the lower end of the 45-80 price range, then I think they represent good value for money.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 6.5 Feet / 2 meters Supports Ethernet, 3D, Audio Return

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, 15 May 2011
Really not much I can say about this product, it performs exactly as I expected it to. Am happy with the purchase.

York Fitness Bench
York Fitness Bench

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and solid, 13 April 2011
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Bought this because i wanted a small weights bench in my home office for dumb bell work. Arrived promptly and well packaged, thank you Amazon.
The bench itself was simple to put together, a one man job. Instructions were clear and it took no more than 30 mins. When setup the bench is very solid and seems good value at the price I paid. I've had it for several weeks now, using it 3-4 times a week, not excessive weights, no more than 30Kg dumb bells, but for that I have found it copes easily. According to the spec it is rated up to 200Kg (inc user)
Bottom line solid, sturdy little bench, easy to setup.

RayZor Liteweight GunMetal Grey UV400 Sports Wrap Ski Sunglasses, Blue Smoked Anti-Glare Lens.
Offered by Sports Eyewear

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 24 Mar 2011
I bought a pair of these recently. I went for a relatively cheap pair of sunglasses as I have a habit of losing expensive ones with an annoying regularity. Shortly after purchase I was in South Africa for a couple of weeks and wore them every day and am happy to say I found them up to the task.
Construction wise they are perhaps a little "chunky" for some peoples taste, but that is probably a trade off against strength and durability and personally I did not find this to be an issue. I found them very comfortable to wear over long periods of time. I was pleased with the protection they gave me against glare even on the brightest of days. For me the fit was good, and at no time was I concerned that they would come off.
All in all, I think if you are looking for a sturdy, budget pair of sunglasses I think these are a very good choice

Page: 1 | 2