Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Christmas [Special Edition: Bonus Tracks]
Offered by FLASH
Price: 6.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of the best Christmas compilations, 6 Jan 2013
There's just something about MB's voice that really suits these festive songs. I would say rivalling the old school gang of Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, etc. I guess my only reservation is the version of 'Santa Baby', modified for a male singer to 'Santa Buddy'. It just sounds a bit weird. All the other tracks are great, with great production/sound too. Maybe not overly original arrangements, but this has already become the family favourite in the collection of CDs I've built up over the years.

The Message Remix New Testament: 2010 Student Planner Edition
The Message Remix New Testament: 2010 Student Planner Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars Good version but Kindle navigation is awful, 5 Nov 2011
We use the Message in our Bible study group as an alternative reading. It's often very helpful and sometimes quite amusing. I bought the Kindle version so a partially-sighted member could read it. She finds a large font with white on black quite readable compared to a printout.
But the navigation is - as others have said (unfortunately I couldn't download the sample and hoped they were talking about version 1) - is awful. And this from Navpress, a part of the Navigators! Just try the NIV to see how easy navigation can be. I reckon I could find a passage on my Kindle NIV faster than anyone with a paper version. The best I have managed with the Message is:
- Go to table of contents (4 clicks).
- Flip through pages to get hyperlink to required book (these cover 5 pages)
- The hyperlink takes you to an introduction on most books which you must also flip through. (The intro to Psalms is 5 pages.)
- Then you come to chapter hyperlinks - one per line! So the Psalms links cover 7 pages!
How many clicks in total? I think to get to the start of any Psalm about 14 on average!
By comparison, the NIV has a 'finder' link on every page. This takes you to one page containing links to all books. Each link takes you to the start of the book preceded by links to all the chapters, plus an 'info' link that takes you to an introduction.
Total of 3 clicks to any chapter!

Come on Navpress, get your act together. You didn't really put much effort into this at all, did you?

Multi colour display alarm clock
Multi colour display alarm clock

3.0 out of 5 stars More details would have been useful, 31 Jan 2008
This review is from: Multi colour display alarm clock
Generally, this is a stylish unit and the changing-colour display is a novelty. However, be wary of the following:
1. Despite claiming to have "weekend settings", the unit only allows alarms to be set for Monday-Friday, Monday-Saturday or everyday. You cannot set an alarm for just the weekend! I have no idea why the designers think you'd want the alarm to go off 3 times on weekdays!
2. The display is very bright. The unit can be set to cycle through its colour ranges, either changing hourly, every minute or gradually. When I first got this unit I woke several times during the night and the display was always blue. It is so bright you can do shadow puppets on the ceiling! Since then I have learnt to stop the cycling on red, which is the least bright colour.
3. The radio has a volume control but it doesn't affect the alarms, which are very loud. After over a month I still jump every time it goes off!
4. The manual is pretty awful. It tells you how to snooze the alarm but not how to stop it! I eventually worked out that it is possible to stop the alarm without disabling it by pressing the alarm button (used to set the alarm).
5. Except for the snooze button, the buttons are quite small and close together (in a ring around the snooze button). It is quite easy to press the wrong one when frantically trying to stop the loud alarm in the morning!
When I queried these points with the distributors they simply said the alarm setting details were written on the box - which obviously I couldn't see until the unit arrived!