Profile for Wildman > Reviews

Wildman (UK)

The Universe versus Alex Woods
The Universe versus Alex Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars funny and heart warming, 15 Jan. 2014
A very light and easy read. The author is a great story teller, making a small intimate story much fun to read.

Soulcraft: Crossing into the Mysteries of Nature and Psyche
Soulcraft: Crossing into the Mysteries of Nature and Psyche
by Bill Plotkin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 July 2011
The book is poetic and a very practical guide to soul work. It has had massive impact on my life and I recommend it to all who are starting their journey.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2016 11:57 AM GMT

Modern Magick: Twelve Lessons in the High Magickal Arts
Modern Magick: Twelve Lessons in the High Magickal Arts
by Donald Michael Kraig

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb introduction, 6 Dec. 2010
I purchased the first edition many years ago but recently failed to find my copy - so I ordered the latest edition. Wow, what an improvement. The original presentation was good, but the current edition is excellent. The format is much larger, and the images are great. As for the text, it captures much of the teaching of GD, and the later hermetic groups BOTA and SIL. This is a very clear and practical text that will engage the readers for years. A must purchase for anyone interested in the western mystery tradition.

Race To Dakar [DVD] [2006]
Race To Dakar [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Various Artists
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of all, 15 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Race To Dakar [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I have now watched all of Charley Boormans's travel docs, from Long Way Around to the very latest 'By Any Means'. In my opinion, this is by far the best. This is very much a story driven piece - rather than we drive here, then we drive here. In this film we have a personal journey which is equal in intensity to the physical journey from Lisbon to Dakar.

NOTE: This is the only one of Charley's docs to have captured the interest of my wife - which is saying something.

The Design of Everyday Things
The Design of Everyday Things
by Donald Norman

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for anyone with even the slightest interest in usab., 19 Jan. 2001
This was recommended reading for my undergraduate Psychology degree. It changed my life. In light of the book I changed lanes and decided to follow a career in user experience. I am now at the end of my doctorate in Human Computer Interaction and loving it.
Interestingly, most of my undergraduate colleagues decided on a different career path,but still rate this book as one of their favourites. You will never look at the world in the same way after you have read this book. It is truly inspiring...