Profile for Man on Waterloo Bridge > Reviews

Content by Man on Waterlo...

Man on Waterloo Bridge (London)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of the strength of this !, 12 Feb 2013
I had trouble staying asleep and a friend recommended this product which does not require a prescription. I took one , on a full stomach, half an hour before my bedtime. I came round 9 hours later and found it very difficult to wake up. I felt sleepy for 2 days. If I take it again, I will take half a tablet. If you drive long distances , be very careful. It certaily works !

The Great Cholesterol Con
The Great Cholesterol Con
by Dr Malcolm Kendrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Man on Waterloo Bridge, 29 Mar 2010
I have 'suffered' with high blood pressure for most of my life and I am 59 years of age. Truth is , I am not aware of it and I have been on medication #Nifedipine, Hydralazine and Bendrofluazide# to 'treat' my high bp for the last 13 years. I was told that I also had the beginnings of ischaemic heart disease which is a build up of plaque on the major arteries. I don't drink or smoke and my GP and the cardiologist have been trying to force me to take different variations of statins for the last 5 years , despite knowing that they make me very ill; they just kept on changing them. Now I just pretend I take them , but I don't ! I have been aware that the drug companies make billions from statins and that in the USA , children as young as 10 are being prescribed them and I have nursed a doubt for some time that my 'essential' bp was anything to do with anything other than stress and lack of exercise. This fantastic book - written in plain English but packed with accurate studies and easily checkable #by the reader# reference points , is a must in my opinion. It debunks the myth of heart disease and also exposes the medical profession as being as vulnerable to , shall we say, 'hospitality' as any British MP !In my opinion the GPs are being lazy and not checking overall mortality figures and just believing what the pharmaceutical reps tell them. Read this book and you will not be disappoined. It's written by a Scottish-British GP and I believe his version...he may not 100pc right , but I believe his analysis is more right than wrong. Chuck away the statins -especially if you are an older female; he proves they will kill you quicker than heart disease from mortality tables - and exercise and relax.

Meditate , not medicate ! A glass of red in the hand is worth two statins in la bouche !
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2014 4:53 PM BST