Profile for Rashidul Islam > Reviews

Content by Rashidul Islam

Rashidul Islam "Rashidul Islam R." (London, United Kingdom)

Logitech K300 Compact Black USB Media Keyboard
Logitech K300 Compact Black USB Media Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Keyboard, 29 April 2012
I bought this product to replace a Dell keyboard that I had. It was one of the best keyboards I've ever used. I had to replace it because I didn't take care during the cleaning process and lost/damaged some of the keys.

I thought about buying the same Dell keyboard again, seeing as I was so used to it and I could type really fast without looking. But I thought why not try something different, so I purchased this keyboard because of the affordable price and excellent ratings/reviews it had.

I don't think I have a single bad word to say about this product. It's prices brilliantly, it's packaged brilliantly, and it just works! The buttons are nice and sturdy, not much pressure is required to press them. It makes a great sound while typing and feels very easy on the fingers. It has a wrist rest (which isn't really usable unless you have massive hands). The keys are reasonably spaced out - easy to reach from one to another, allows for efficient typing. It has a numeric keypad on the right. The "Enter" key is nice and big, fills up two rows like my previous Dell keyboard, so that was nice to have. The "Backspace" key also takes up two columns of keys, which is also the same as my previous keyboard.

It hasn't got any adjustable hot keys, though it does have quick navigation keys however. These are accessible via the Function key (labelled "FN" on the keyboard, in orange). The lights that indicate the quick navigation keys (above the "F" key alternates, right on top of the keyboard) light up when you press the "FN" key.

There is "Logitech" branding on the wrist rest.

Definitely the best bang for the buck.

Wacom CTH-470K-DE Bamboo Pen and Touch - German Edition
Wacom CTH-470K-DE Bamboo Pen and Touch - German Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for a friend, 29 April 2012
As my title will tell you, I have purchased this item for a friend. I haven't used it at all, but from what he has told me, it's working perfectly. He's getting better at using it with Adobe Photoshop, there's not a bad word about it thus far.

It was packaged brilliantly and it arrive on time.

Draper 09405 160mm DIY Plier Set
Draper 09405 160mm DIY Plier Set
Offered by Bamford Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., 18 Feb. 2012
It came packed inside a secondary cardboard box, along with an electronic scewdriver that I ordered on Amazon too. The three pliers come enclosed in their primary plastic casing.

When I first opened it, I found some sort of glue bulge on the head of one of the pliers. (Not exactly the tip, but the bit where the steel meets the rubber handle).

It doesn't move, and I wont attempt to remove it just in case the whole thing comes apart. It isn't obstructing me from using the product properly, so it doesn't bother me that much.

The headers are in line.

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by memorycapital

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., 18 Feb. 2012
It doesn't have any fancy packaging. I didn't expect it to anyway, for the price, I would be more than happy to go to the post office and pick it up myself. So the fact that it was delivered to my front door, and on time, I was thrilled.

Again, I cannot stress enough how much value for money this thing is. It does the same thing the £40 shelf prices do.

It is gold plated, as described in the description.

Compared to other HDMI cables (I have one that came standard with my Sky+ HD box) it provides the exact same picture quality, crystal clear images. I use this for my PS3 and XBOX 360.

Brilliant product.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2013 1:57 PM GMT

GMC DEC002SD Cordless Screwdriver, 3.6 V
GMC DEC002SD Cordless Screwdriver, 3.6 V
Offered by Black Tools

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., 18 Feb. 2012
This was packaged inside a secondary cardboard box, along with some pliers that I ordered. It was enclosed inside a plastic casing of it's own.

It comes standard with some screws; two flat head sizes, and two phillips head sizes. It also comes with this other bit, thought I don't know what it's called. I think it's a hexagon shape? I'd have to check and confirm that for you. Charging cable is also provided.

It works fine, though you should note that this is NOT for heavy duty work. This doesn't even come close to the power of a drill machine. It's fine for assembling flat-pack furniture, but you could never put a screw into a wall with this thing. It has a switch which enables you to use it either like a bar, or a gun - your choice, dun dun duuuuuhhhh. (Bad sound effects).

Rashid.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2015 1:40 PM GMT

ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 - 150 Watt Multicompatible Low Noise CPU Cooler for AMD and Intel Sockets

It arrived on time.

It was packed inside a white envelope which had bubble wrap inside it. The actual product it's self is inside it's own little plastic casing, as well as mounting equipment for Intel AND AMD sockets. There is already a thermal pad on this fan.

My stock Intel cooler was averaging 40-50 degrees Celsius for my Intel Celeron processor. This new heatsink and fan combination has provided me with an all time low of 27 degrees on idle. I plan to overclock the processor now that I have such a cooling solution.

My only concern was that this cooler might cover my RAM slots on my ASRock G31 motherboard - turns out, it doesn't! Which is such a relief.

5/5 - brilliant fan, really, really happy with it. I bought this for my brother's build.

Rashid.

WD My Book 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0)
WD My Book 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0)
Offered by Value_Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., 18 Feb. 2012
It's a good piece of kit. Not exactly 2TB, as you would imagine with all HDD, but it's close enough.

This thing is SILENT. When I say silent, I mean S-I-L-E-N-T. It sits right in between my laptop and external monitor (for the time being, until I finish my custom build), and I can barely hear it. When it's working overtime, such as transferring large files (I'm talking files in the 100GB+ range, as I tend to do), fare enough you can hear a slight whisper, but other than that it's silent. If you were to transfer such sized files (100GB+) and the Ext HDD was sitting further away on your desk, you wouldn't even hear it working.

After 10 minutes or so it goes into rest mode? Sleep mode? Whatever it is, it just stops for a while when not in use (indicated by a flashing LED light, it's not an annoying flash, it stays on for about two seconds, followed by two seconds of absence), which I thought was a very neat feature as it's power efficient. I hear that this time is also adjustable, but I'd have to check that and confirm it for you.

Oh and it's USB 3.0 too! Which means super fast transfer speeds! (Well, faster than USB 2.0, anyway).

If I could change something about this product, it would be the outer shell. There tends to be a lot of dust on my desk overtime, and having a piano black finish (similar to that of the phat PS3), it attracts a lot of dust + it's a fingerprint magnet. I don't touch mine often (unless I'm moving it) so fingerprints aren't too much of an issue, but the dust is. You would think that standing it up vertically, dust would only settle on the top - well, you're wrong, it does indeed get onto the sides. It might just be a simple case of giving it a wipe every now and then, but even that gets frustrating over time. I would have preferred like a matte black finish. Oh well, nothing that anti-static spray can't fix.

As for the packaging, it arrived in an Amazon branded cardboard box. The actual box for the HDD was placed inside this bigger secondary box, smack-dab in the centre, surrounded by a LONG, scrunched up, brown piece of paper to keep the product protected.

ASRock 775 G31M-GS R2.0 Motherboard Intel Socket M-ATX 1333FSB
ASRock 775 G31M-GS R2.0 Motherboard Intel Socket M-ATX 1333FSB

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., 18 Feb. 2012
The product arrived on time. It didn't have any external packaging, it was just the motherboard and it's accessories inside it's primary cardboard case.

Upon opening the box, I found that the bag that the motherboard was inside, was ripped. Not too much to bother me, or to make me wonder whether it was tampered with prior to reaching me, but ripped nonetheless.

That wont however, stop me from giving this product a 5 star rating. This is because it does what it's supposed to, it works fine, it was packed fine (all though I would have preferred some secondary packaging, the way it arrived is fine by me).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to., 18 Feb. 2012
The title of my review pretty much sums up anything I have to say about this product.

It's indeed 20 meters, as described in the description. It is an ADSL cable and NOT an Ethernet cable, so DO NOT get the two mixed up or else you'll be really disappointed.

As for the posting and packaging. It arrived before the given arrival date, I'm guessing because it's a small product. Having said that, it was packed inside an envelope which had bubble wrap inside it, so that it protects the product.

I bought it to set up a friend's home broadband connection. It went from his phone-line downstairs, to his router in his computer room. It works perfectly fine - like it's supposed to.

5/5 - because it arrived earlier than expected, it was packaged really well, it's as described in the description, and it just works.