3 of 9 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
Emotionless, Childish and Embarrassing To Listen To, 27 July 2007
Given the title of this review, you may wonder why I have also given this album five stars. However, upon listening to this gem of a rock album, you will know exactly what I mean.
MCR are a band who clearly have no knowledge of poetry, or subtlety. People refer to them as "emo," which I something I hugely detest. How can the band who bring us lyrics such as "We're all going to hell, It's really quite pleasant except for the smell." ever be described as emotional?
Because the secret to MCR's success is the fact that intrinsically you know they are only as popular as they are because certain publications told easily led people to love them. They are a band who are viewed by 90% of their fans as "the best thing to ever happen to music," and by the other 10%, which I hail from, as a band so hideously out of their depth that one can do nothing but feel sorry for them. And then you realise that between the cheesey lyrics and uninspired music is something so detached from real life that listening to it is a sweet release from all the stress and emotion of true existence.
So I say to you, music connoisseur, on this album by mistake, buy this CD as it will provide you with hours of entertainment that will not make you cry, will not make you feel scared, but will make you tap your feet and have an insatiable urge to sing along. MCR are not a stadium band, they are a good pub band in a position so much above their station that it is impossible to not find their naivety endearing.
Buy this album, and keep this band exactly where they are.
"Teenagers scare the living s*** out of me"