Profile for knocked out 73 just woke up > Reviews

Content by knocked out 73...

knocked out 73 just woke up "mistah kurtz he dead" (the wasteland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5)
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5)
by American Psychiatric Association

4.0 out of 5 stars Now thats what I call mental illness, 10 Jun. 2013
Its boom time in the world of mental disorders - they are proliferating at such a rate that its sometimes difficult for drug companies to keep up. Are you moody, lazy, impulsive or irritable ? Do you get nervous sometimes or not feel life is great all the time ? Well come on - you might find a label right here - perhaps its self defeating personality disorder or a touch of social phobia....its dimensional now so you may just have borderline borderline personality disorder ?
Forget about the context, feel the criteria. Law breaker ? chill out - I'm sure we have an excuse for you right here.....need a clever tag to fox those tight folk at the benefits agency ? Come on in...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2013 8:09 AM BST

Crystal Sound
Crystal Sound

4.0 out of 5 stars This is not as easy as it looks., 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Crystal Sound (MP3 Download)
The other night at our quiet local pub I attempted to replicate this album using a selection of wine and shot glasses which I rather expensively had filled with various wines and spirits. By sipping cautiously from different glasses I began the painstaking process of carefully judging the note obtained by tapping the different glasses, then arranging them in order by octaves - this was trickier than I initially anticipated and over the next three hours things grew trickier still. I soon seemed to lose the knack of standing upright and a short while later consciousness itself became rather difficult to maintain. I have to admit to lacking perfect perfect recall of subsequent events. I do remember some unfortunate breakage and a lot of shouting, some nice police officers arrived and the next thing I knew I was recovering in hospital. Now I am at a loss to explain this events but I am glad to say that I have made a complete recovery from the incident described and am ready to have another go at performing this record live at our local this evening. If you are around by all means pop in - it will be smashing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2015 12:25 PM GMT

Moondust
Moondust

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm cross about this., 4 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Moondust (Audio CD)
This is a really well done compilation including a really tasteful mixture of tracks of various genres, some well-known, many more obscure. Mixed interestingly with samples from the moon missions. Its the companion to an excellent book of the same title - the sequence with lux aeterna and the Eno ascent track is beautiful - this is a gem.

Beatrice Harrison (1919-192)
Beatrice Harrison (1919-192)

4.0 out of 5 stars nice but wheres her most famous moment ?, 19 May 2013
nice bit of cello but - this lady was a national institution following an historic recording of her playing her cello in her garden with natural accompaniment by a nightingale.
This was the first outside broadcast (in 1924) and first broadcast recording of a wild animal - in was played annually for many years on the BBC, as once of the corporations most popular programmes.
But - as ever - a note of darkness enters the tale....rumours spread that it was not a bird...it was Maud Gould - a music hall birdsong imitator (a popular form of entertainment at the time) who Pretended !!
when will the truth emerge....crying out for a book/movie of quirky english life I'd have thought. (if interested the thing - the duet - is on a download from the mighty beeb radio 4 as one of its current 'tweet for the days'..no honestly it is..at least is at the time of writing.)

I Could Read The Sky [DVD] [2000]
I Could Read The Sky [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Dermot Healy

4.0 out of 5 stars Why is this not available for a reasonable price.., 17 April 2013
I have read the book, and enjoyed the soundtrack - even seen snippets on youtube : and it looks beautiful. As the son of Irish immigrants who came over from Mayo in the late forties I find the fragments I know moving and fascinating....why (oh why?) can I not get this for a tenner (or thereabouts)

Clear Lens Geek/Nerd Retro Wayfarer Glasses,Black Frame
Clear Lens Geek/Nerd Retro Wayfarer Glasses,Black Frame
Offered by TypeandColor

1.0 out of 5 stars I am stunned., 4 April 2013
No not stunned, saddened, deeply deeply saddened. As a glasses wearer of forty years - now contending with the horror of starting to need reading glases...but not quite, so I have to take my glasses off to read !! Horror of horrors what next - bifocals, trifocals ??

S as a person of different vision I was stunned, nay stunned and saddened - hang on I've done that bit - anyway outraged and so forth by this product.

Am I to understand that people not afflicted with my condition - buy..BUY !! glasses with no effect on refracted light whatsoever !!!!! NO NO why ?? so they can look like elton john or elvis costello ??? this is nonsense

join me in my campaign my project NAY my quest to put a stop to this sort of thing - NOW
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2015 12:33 PM BST

Vatican - Don't Prey on My Children
Vatican - Don't Prey on My Children

3.0 out of 5 stars Can he fix it ?, 14 Mar. 2013
Vat-e-Can

remember children its called the vatican NOT the vatican't....yeah ? good ? I know OI know

hang on more words are required - lets see...mobius, integer, silly, hoot - lets see will that do ?

Cool Hand Luke
Cool Hand Luke

4.0 out of 5 stars five star idea - maybe three-four for execution, 12 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Cool Hand Luke (Audio CD)
nothing wrong exactly - some nice tracks - certainly worth a listen.

the idea is a terrific one - but what next ? Slaughter House five, one flew over the cuckoos nest, or er..maybe - well ?

Coppers, Private Eyes and Super Spies - Themes from Classic Police, Secret Agent and Detective Dramas

1.0 out of 5 stars At last..., 16 Feb. 2013
At last someone has had the brilliant idea of re-recording a hodge-podge of TV themes - some good and memorable, many not - and cleverly managed to squeeze any interest out of them. Turning it all to a lifeless kitsch muddle that is an irritating reminder of how good the originals were in comparison - why do records like this get made at all ?

Birds - A Video Guide To British Birds [VHS]
Birds - A Video Guide To British Birds [VHS]
Offered by stephensmith_426

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected at all., 10 Feb. 2013
Well I had been looking forward to watching this for a very long time - so I arranged a surprise family evening and got everyone around, we sat there in the dim light ready for the full experience and well! I know Hitchcock would often lull the audience into a relaxed state before hitting them with a shock - but this ? well tobe honest we only watched ten minutes and then the evening degenerated into what I can only describe as a row, this film ? ha its for the birds. Yeah ? Funny ? yeah ?
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2014 10:08 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7