Profile for S A BREAKEY > Reviews

Rough Notes: dancing about architecture
Rough Notes: dancing about architecture
by Bruce Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant read, 22 Sept. 2015
TV Tall's review sums it up perfectly in my opinion. Great book reading it a second time now

The Bones Beneath (Tom Thorne Novels)
The Bones Beneath (Tom Thorne Novels)
by Mark Billingham

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this. A nice idea to put Thorne in ..., 22 May 2015
I really enjoyed this. A nice idea to put Thorne in a different setting. Although unusually for me I guessed who was being held hostage in the prologue quite quickly

The Dying Hours (Tom Thorne Novels)
The Dying Hours (Tom Thorne Novels)
by Mark Billingham

3.0 out of 5 stars But i thought this wasn't the best of the series, 12 May 2015
I am a big fan of the Tom Thorne novels and Mark Billingham in general. But i thought this wasn't the best of the series. Good but not great.

The Inbetweeners 2
The Inbetweeners 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Will wash your face, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Inbetweeners 2 (DVD)
As a man in his 50's I do find The Inbetweeners slightly juvenile and I appreciate they are not aimed at my age group. My 19 year old loves them. The film is funny and I would probably have given it a 3 and a half if I could. I did think it did slightly drag towards the end and the ending isn't great. Maybe would have been better as an hour TV special. But for all my negative remarks it did make me laugh out loud on many occasions.

August: Osage County
August: Osage County

1.0 out of 5 stars Not one for a miserable Sunday evening, 24 Nov. 2014
This review is from: August: Osage County (Blu-ray)
Absolute rubbish. No redeeming features at all, I gave it an hour before switching it off. The family had long since given up. I will try and return to watch the last hour because I do not like to not finish something I started.

Stella - Series 3
Stella - Series 3

5.0 out of 5 stars The best series yet of Stella, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Stella - Series 3 (DVD)
Excellent and under rated series. Heart warming and funny. You will be speaking with a 'cocking' welsh accent

12 Years a Slave
12 Years a Slave

3.0 out of 5 stars Over rated, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: 12 Years a Slave (Blu-ray)
I quite like Chiwetel Ejiofor and probably the only reason I watched this film. It is ok but there is nothing new in here we didn't already know. The film is at least 40 minutes too long. And how the actress was nominated for an Oscar I will never know. She barely speaks and spends most of her time being beaten up. Violent, gory and just too long. Although the ending seems to come all of a sudden

Vauxhall And I (20th Anniversary Definitive Master)
Vauxhall And I (20th Anniversary Definitive Master)

5.0 out of 5 stars Did I mention this is a classic, 8 July 2014
For some reason I never bought this at the time of release. Especially as Your Arsenal the album before this was his best solo effort to date. And a personal favourite of mine.

This has now been rectified, a classic album. As good as anything he did with The Smiths. Live cd with it is a bonus including a strange version of your the one for me fatty where he appears to forget the words. Classic album buy it
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2015 2:49 PM GMT

Give Us a Wink: Remastered
Give Us a Wink: Remastered

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet's best album, 8 July 2014
Loved Sweet as a teenager but never bought any of their albums. Over the last two years I have started to collect them. This for me is the best of them. Apart from the odd dodgy lyric Its Sweet at the top of their game and hardly a duff track. Action is a classic single that should have got higher in the chart.

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

4.0 out of 5 stars Dont have a great night have an American Night, 8 July 2014
I maybe alone but after the hype of the first movie, when I watched the original Anchorman. I didn't laugh once. Then one night I watched a re run on TV as I nearly always give a film a second chance, for some reason it all fell into place and I didn't stop laughing.
I approached Anchorman 2 as most do a sequel with trepidation, but I loved it, Extremely funny though not as quotable as the first as funny a film as I have seen in a long time.