Profile for Daf > Reviews

My Life as a Hooker: When a Middle-Aged Bloke Discovered Rugby
My Life as a Hooker: When a Middle-Aged Bloke Discovered Rugby
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 14 May 2013
Great little book, entertaining tales that have inspired me to get down to my local club to get battered. Good read.

Me and My Mouth: The Austin Healey Story
Me and My Mouth: The Austin Healey Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Banter, 28 Feb 2013
Brilliant read, not a boring bit in it, I was laughing constantly. The Lions Tour diary is a highlight and his failed quest for a world cup winners medal is almost heartbreaking.

Animals!: Argentina Versus England
Animals!: Argentina Versus England

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book despite the errors, 24 Feb 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it would have got 5 stars but for the proof-reader who should give their fee back to the author - it's littered with spelling errors and the member of Spinal Tap with the South American moustache is the bass player, not lead guitarist (you'll see what I mean). Buy and read this book anyway, it will throw new light on the age-old rivalry. Even though I'm Welsh, I shall be egg-ing England on to the next WC in the hope that we'll get to see a new instalment of this fascinating fixture.

The Damned Utd
The Damned Utd
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Never enough of Clough, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Damned Utd (Kindle Edition)
Loved this but had to keep reminding myself that it's fiction. I wish I'd read it before seeing the film though which I also love. Fast paced and well written. I'm not surprised Brian's family were so upset!

The Rivals Game: Inside the British Football Derby
The Rivals Game: Inside the British Football Derby

4.0 out of 5 stars Know your enemy, 13 Feb 2013
A good, enjoyable read that looks deeper than just the football and into the local histories and regional characters. As a member of one of the tribes covered, I also enjoyed the coverage of of all the others included here. Easy to read and follow, give it a go.