Profile for angela etten > Reviews

Content by angela etten

angela etten

Iron and Rust (Throne of the Caesars, Book 1)
Iron and Rust (Throne of the Caesars, Book 1)
Price: 1.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-researched and well-written, 19 Jun 2014
A top read. Harry, thanks to his enormous brain, manages to simultaneously capture the essence of the Roman world, yet maintain a terrific sense of realism. I'd recommend to anyone who was interested in Rome, in politics, or just in damn good books!

Fighting Times I: Military Matters Past & Present
Fighting Times I: Military Matters Past & Present
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality and Quantity, 29 Jun 2013
There's enough meat here for serious historians as well as those in the military. Eclectic choice of subjects may be considered strength or weakness but there is quality and quantity in regards to content. Would like to see more humour and other features related to standard magazines but Fighting Times will hit the spot for military enthusiasts to dip in and out of.

Dead Men
Dead Men
by Richard Pierce
Price: 5.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A compelling read, 29 Mar 2012
This review is from: Dead Men (Paperback)
I picked this book up almost by accident in my local bookshop earlier this week, and found it hard to put down! I ended up racing through the novel in a matter of days. It is very assured for a first novel, in my experience, and has a compelling plot which is cleverly interwoven with deep factual investigations into the life of those who explored the antarctic. I would thoroughly recommend this book.