Profile for Mrs. S. Davies > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. Davies

Mrs. S. Davies "173sarah" (Wales)

The Sins of the Father (The Clifton Chronicles)
The Sins of the Father (The Clifton Chronicles)
by Jeffrey Archer
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sins of The Father, 5 Oct 2012
This is a brilliantly written book, which I could hardly put down. The characters were diverse and the storyline complex, but at no time did i have to re-read any pages to keep up with the plot. I eagerly look forward to the next book in this series!The Sins of the Father (Clifton Chronicles 2)

Attack Force [DVD] [2007]
Attack Force [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Steven Seagal
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 2.34

1.0 out of 5 stars attack force, 6 Nov 2007
This review is from: Attack Force [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Having always enjoyed Seagal's films, with their martial arts content, we were very disappointed by this 2006 film. The story is weak, the acting disjointed and the fight scenes range between badly filmed and something out of an amateur horror film. Steven Seagal's voice can change from his own to a poorly dubbed change between lines. Worst film I have seen since Waterworld!

All Creatures Great and Small: "If Only They Could Talk" and "It Shouldn't Happen to a Vet"
by James Herriot

5.0 out of 5 stars All creatures great and small, 25 Aug 2004
The James Herriot series of books have given me endless hours of enjoyment. Having seen the television programmes based on these stories I was prepared to be disappointed with the written version, but I was unprepared for the quality of writing skill used. Having read the Gervase Phinn books, about a school inspector in the Dales, I was delighted to find a similar style of writing. I would recommend this series to anyone who enjoys reading an honest account of life for a vet, during the 1930s.

The Other Side of the Dale
The Other Side of the Dale
by Gervase Phinn
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars The other side of the Dale, 25 Aug 2004
I read these books after seeing Gervase Phinn being interviewed on television. I found the books to be amusing, well written and offering an insight into Mr Phinn's life as a school inspector. Being a keen reader of James Herriot's vet books I was struck by the connection with the Dales. I would recommend these books to anyone who wishes to retreat into a world where children speak in innocence yet accurately evaluate the adult world.