Profile for GamerGirl > Reviews

Pack of 1000 x Crystal AB Flat Back Rhinestone Diamante Gems 3mm
Offered by BLINGGIFTSHOP
Price: 1.05

2.0 out of 5 stars not crystals.. made of plastic, 12 Mar 2014
These are very cheap looking plastic "gems". They do not have any sparkle as they are not actually facetted and have been pressed from a mould. (A lot of them are not quite round as they weren't moulded properly and have little "tails" of plastic coming off of them.
The metallic painted silver backing gives the impression that they are reflecting some light but do not "twinkle" like a Swarovski crystal does in any way.

I tried pushing them into some polymer clay projects, but when heated to 110 degrees C for 20 min, they melted and the colour got very uneven.

I was going to use these in making jewellery for extra sparkle, but they look so cheap. I'll probably use eyelash glue to attach these to my face for festivals though... I think they'd work well for that as they seem to be the same material as the pre-glued ones I buy from Superdrug and Boots.

If you want quality, buy flatback Swarovski or Precosia brand from a reputable importer or bead shop.

niceEshop(TM) 2 PCS x New Dragons Lure Cuff Pewter Earring Party Left Ear -Retro Silver
Offered by niceEshop
Price: 1.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Chinese junk, 12 Mar 2014
This ear cuff is made of a very heavy and cheap "mystery metal" and has LOTS of very sharp edges that were hard to reach with a nail file when I tried to smooth them out. The metal on the dragon part is nearly impossible to bend and shape (not adjustable) and the clip was flimsy and razor sharp. I couldn't even get this to stay on my ear, and I have very normal-sized and shaped ears for an average human woman. It was quite painful when trying it on as there are many sharp edges, then the flimsy clip just fell off. The same thing happened with the second one.

I see that the seller has updated this listing description with:
"*Notice: This earring is not fit for anyone, if your ears is too small or too big, we don't recommend it"

(haha... "not fit for anyone"... sounds about right to me!)
This item is dangerous and should certainly NOT be listed as a TOY!!!
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT FOR A CHILD unless you want them to be scarred for life (literally).
This product should be removed and banned from Amazon. Don't waste your money on this useless and potentially dangerous rubbish.

P.S. Why does he only have one leg?... maybe they forgot to make the other half?

Renaissance Micro Crystalline Wax 200 ml
Renaissance Micro Crystalline Wax 200 ml
Offered by MJR Supplies
Price: 13.75

5.0 out of 5 stars best stuff ever, 12 Mar 2014
So many uses, and a really good quality product. Comes with instructions on how to use and its history. Money well spent... this tin will last forever as you only apply it in thin layers. Very pleased that I've finally purchased this! :D

Would definitely recommend.

Offered by I Want Fabric
Price: 11.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, wtf?, 12 Mar 2014
They sold me by calling it "eco-leather". What a crock! I thought that I could use this as I would real leather as it was described as:

"RECYCLED ECO FRIENDLY GENUINE REAL LEATHER HIDE OFFCUTS DISTRESSED AGED SMOKEY BROWN TEXTURED ANIMAL SUEDE FIRE RETARDANT LEATHER SOFA UPHOLSTERY FABRIC MADE FROM RECYCLED LEATHER HIDES ! NOT FAUX LEATHERETTE "

1. It is NOT leather. It does not look or feel or smell of leather AT ALL.

2. It is NOT a "leather hide offcut". It is cheap vinyl, plastic-like "fabric" that has some sort of repeated printed pattern that sort of resembles leather at a distance... in a dark room, maybe. The back side is a different material which is clearly woven with manmade fibres. These two thin layers are glued together with a thin layer of sponge between them... you can easily peel them apart, although the sponge does not come away evenly.

3. It is quite smooth, NOT textured as described.

4. Neither side of this horrible fabric has a suede look OR feel. Top side is smooth and back side is woven. Neither side is soft. or has any pile like suede does.

5. It tears easily, therefore I am not even convinced that it would be suitable for recovering furniture that is actually used by anyone.

6. Because of the sponge layer and plastic-like nature of this fabric, I would NOT recommend making clothing items with it. It is a few millimetres thick, bulky and squishy.

7. I haven't tried setting it on fire yet to check for it's "fire retardant" claims, but I'm pretty sure the sponge layer would surely melt.

I can't return this item, as I've cut off a piece to experiment on, but as I am concerned about the environment and feel guilty binning it (and seriously do not understand what is "Eco-friendly" about this at all), I will probably use it as a mat for my dog to potty-train on as it seems to be cleaned on the top surface with a soapy sponge. At least I'll get some use out of it before it ends up in a landfill somewhere. :(

I would not recommend this product... DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH!

10 X SILVER TONE LEAF CHARMS 27 X 23 MM
10 X SILVER TONE LEAF CHARMS 27 X 23 MM
Offered by Wholesale Beads And Charms
Price: 1.75

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty good quality, 12 Mar 2014
These are pretty but I don't like that they all have a weird "nub" just above the lowest leaf... You can even see it on the photo (I didn't notice before ordering)... What is that? I think it was probably made from a poor casting or just not finished properly. Still, for this price, it was a bargain... maybe I'm just too picky?

10 X Silver Tone Anchor Charms 20 X 23 mm
10 X Silver Tone Anchor Charms 20 X 23 mm
Offered by Kacey's Store (HK Shipping)
Price: 2.19

4.0 out of 5 stars nice quality anchor charms, 12 Mar 2014
Good value for money, bright and shiny, nice silver-plating... I just love these anchor charms! :) Would recommend for jewellery making or whatever else you want to attach them to...

12 X Antique Bronze Lobster Clasp Link Chain Charm Bracelets 20 cm
12 X Antique Bronze Lobster Clasp Link Chain Charm Bracelets 20 cm
Offered by Wholesale Beads And Charms
Price: 4.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusty Chinese junk metal, 12 Mar 2014
These "antique bronze"-coloured (zinc?) bracelet chains RUST on your skin after a short time wearing them and bleed rust all over your arms and clothing... after ruining any charms you attach to them... DO NOT BUY!

I've never seen such poor quality jewellery, but what did I expect for 50p each? If you make jewellery to sell with these chains, no one will ever buy your jewellery again... I guarantee it!

These bracelets are not even fit to be in a gumball machine... WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYBODY!

200 pieces 7mm Bronze Plated Daisy Flower Bead End Caps 7mm - A5611
200 pieces 7mm Bronze Plated Daisy Flower Bead End Caps 7mm - A5611
Offered by k2-accessories
Price: 0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap and rusty looking, 12 Mar 2014
These are very cheap stampings of some mystery metal with uneven colour. It seems like the bronze colour was just quickly sprayed onto lead or pewter or something even cheaper and they appear to be rusty around the filigree holes. They have a very dark "bronze" colour and look cheap and nasty. I would never wear jewellery made of this cheap junk.

Would NOT recommend.

Straight in the bin...

100 x 8mm Bronze Small Tiny Mini Eye Pins Eyepins Hooks Eyelets Screw Threaded
100 x 8mm Bronze Small Tiny Mini Eye Pins Eyepins Hooks Eyelets Screw Threaded
Offered by QPSupplies
Price: 1.09

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 12 Mar 2014
I use these for making bails on polymer clay and wooden charms. Some have broken threads or missing loops, but most are perfectly fine and are quite useful. Good value for money.

Housweety 30 Bronze Tone Oval Filigree Wraps Connectors 6.1x4.8cm
Housweety 30 Bronze Tone Oval Filigree Wraps Connectors 6.1x4.8cm

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap mystery metal, 12 Mar 2014
These are very thin stampings... I wanted to use these to make necklaces and bracelets, (as a backing to wire and glue other things onto) but they easily bend out of shape so I'd have to glue two together, back to back, for strength and comfort as there are sharp edges on the back side.

I wanted to test the metal before I made any jewellery from it, as it was listed by seller only as "alloy". I sprayed a couple of these with a weak solution of white vinegar, water and sea salt. (Copper and brass normally turn colours and form a natural vertigris patina in green or white.) First the antique bronze-colour turned black and dripped off within about an hour and I could just wipe it away with a paper napkin (very messy!). This revealed a base alloy that sort of looked like pewter or lead. These filigree wraps actually rusted within 24 hours after I misted them with the liquid mixture, rinsed them and left them to air-dry.

I would not recommend wearing these directly against your skin for jewellery. They will certainly rust with any dampness from hand-washing or sweat. I might use these for something else, but I will definitely have to apply multiple layers of lacquer to them to prevent them from staining any fabrics or other materials that I may attach them to.

In the future, I will spend a bit more and get proper brass or copper stampings for jewellery making instead of buying cheap bargain mystery metals like these.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8