Profile for Mrs N.L > Reviews

Content by Mrs N.L

Mrs N.L (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
SmugPets Premium Dog Walking Treat Bag with an Adjustable Belt (50 Inches), 75 Extra Thick Dog Poo Bags / Dog Waste Bags (5 Rolls) and a Clip on Dog Waste Bag Dispenser, Black
Offered by Gav & Aff Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Mar. 2016
Looks good. Loads of space inside to keep treats and other training tools. Recommended

Mind Games For Dogs - Dogwise Solutions
Mind Games For Dogs - Dogwise Solutions

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 Mar. 2016
Basic ideas but good read

Think Dog: The bestselling guide to canine psychology
Think Dog: The bestselling guide to canine psychology

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Mar. 2016
Really informative and great read in preparation for getting a puppy.

Three Steps Behind You
Three Steps Behind You

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 8 Jun. 2014
I found this book rather... boring and predictiable. I have found myself skim reading and really could not get into it. The plot is unbelievable and characters dull and unlikable.

Neonatal Ventilation Made Easy
Neonatal Ventilation Made Easy
by Sujoy Chakravarty

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended!, 24 Mar. 2013
Ok, it is VERY short and VERY brief introduction to neonatal vetilation, possibly useful for pre reg students on a NICU placement but certainly not useful for registered practicioners who want to broaden their knowledge. Ok I knew it is not going to be in depth introduction but that is so brief that it took me an hour to go through it. The book is in the A5 format and the author wasting valuable space by putting only title on a page, leaving the rest empty. Additionaly some chapters I have not expected in a book about ventilatio e.g: jaundice, neonatal vomiting or anaemia. Not sure how that relates, and it seems that author of this book is not sure either as no mention of ventilation in any of those chapters! Additionally there are no references provided so from academic point of view this book is a VERY poor quality. Also the disc that comes with the book, suppose to present how to perform examination of the "normal" newborn but it is NOT working, well on my PC anyways.
I would suggest not to bother with this book, I wasted money on it and not impressed.
Would not recommend!

The Puppet Company - My First Puppet - Dog Hand Puppet
The Puppet Company - My First Puppet - Dog Hand Puppet
Offered by Puppets By post

5.0 out of 5 stars It is really sweet, 8 Aug. 2009
I bought it for my 4 month son, and he absolutely loves it, when doggy is telling him stories, trying to grab him all the time. The toy is soft, and well made, nothing to improve, just great. I know that it will last us for a very long time!

EA Sports Active: Personal Trainer (Wii)
EA Sports Active: Personal Trainer (Wii)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good workout!, 8 Aug. 2009
I used to be a gym fanatic, spending hours working out, but since few months back my son was born, I don't have time to do that any more. In a desperation to keep fit, and lose this post pregnancy belly I bought this game, and I LOVE it. It is bringing out the sweat, you can choose from huge variety of workouts (sports day, legs and lungs, low impact etc), and also follow 30 day challenge, what I did and found it very motivating. For revieves who saying that it's easy to cheat the game, well if thats what you want to do what was the point of you to buying this game? I would not recommend that to people who have problems with self motivation (you will be better of with personal trainer). Only downfalls for this game would be: resistance band which is not giving you much to be honest, but its easy replacable, and also repetitive trainer which can be annoying. I would also prefere to have more tailored workouts like for example: weight loss, exercise during pregnancy, cardio only etc however overall I would recommend it to anyone!

Bright from the Start: The Simple, Science-Backed Way to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mindfrom Birth to Age 3
by Jill Stamm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 18 July 2009
I am really pleased with this book. It's split into three parts: attention, bonding, communication. In every part it's clearly explained, backed up with science, all aspect of this ABC. Author including simple games you can do with your baby. They are all put in the order in the end of chapter for example 0-6 mths, 6-18 mths etc, which makes it easier if you want just quick reference on what kind of game to play. Most important you don't need any expensive toys! Highly recommended!

It's a Baby Boy!: The Unique Wonders and Special Nature of Your Son from Pregnancy to Two Years
by The Gurian Institute

1.0 out of 5 stars Not usefull at all!, 18 July 2009
I bought it few weeks back, and returned it within couple of days. First of all, I am a mother already, and it seems like this book is focusing on a pregnancy too much. Second of all, the info was not significant in any way, not a real discovery in saying that boys need to be hugged, loved just like a girls. You need to play with your boy, spend time face to face, read to him. It's all what we all know anyway. In all fairness there was some scientific evidence backing up all of that, but every other good parenting book has got it! I would not recommend it to anyone. I liked "Growing great boys" by Ian Grant better.

What Every Parent Needs to Know: The incredible effects of love, nurture and play on your child's development
by Margot Sunderland

5.0 out of 5 stars Great source of info!, 18 July 2009
I really liked this book, as chapter by chapter it is giving me info re baby, toddler which backed up with scientific evidence. It's including info re sleep, crying, tantrums, discipline etc. I would recomend this book to every parent, who wants to look beyond Gina Ford, K. Hogg and other baby trainers, and choose the best parenting style for yourself based on evidence!

Page: 1 | 2