Profile for Ae Murray > Reviews

Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control
Offered by Marks Best
Price: 18.99

3.0 out of 5 stars ml-l3 remote, 11 July 2010
I can't review the item as it never arrived. Company did arrange a swift refund though.

Joby Gorillapod Ball Head for SLR Camera
Joby Gorillapod Ball Head for SLR Camera
Offered by PoWoW
Price: 28.94

5.0 out of 5 stars gorillapod ballhead, 11 July 2010
Great attachment for my gorillapod. Little bit pricey, but allows you to get many more angles. Good kit

Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set: v. 1, 2 & 3
Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set: v. 1, 2 & 3
by Scott Kelby
Price: 35.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Scott Kelby's box set, 11 July 2010
Fantastic set of books. Lead you from common "mistakes" made by enthusiastic "snappers" to looking for shot composition. Especially handy are the "how to take this stype of shot" hints - what to look, for, what shutter and aperture settings, what light, with/without tripod. All in easy to understand, non-tech speak. Superb!

Nikon D5000 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (12.3MP) 2.7 inch LCD
Nikon D5000 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (12.3MP) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars D5000, 20 May 2010
As my first "proper" DSLR I am entirely happy with this. It came recommended by a friend, who is serious about photography, over a similar priced Canon. I have also purchased a 55-200mm zoom lens to go with it. So far I have been using the Auto and S/A modes. Getting used to where the menus are to change certain settings has taken time, but as I bough "Nikon D5000 for Dummies" the experience hasn't been painful. I am more than happy with the results so far and look forward to getting some printed up. The "live view" function is especially handy for taking low shots as it means you don't have to crawl on the ground to look through the viewfinder.

Nikon D5000 For Dummies
Nikon D5000 For Dummies
by Julie Adair King
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Dummy no more, 20 May 2010
I bought this to accompany my first forays in the "proper" digital world - away from the point and shoot. I have used standard 35mm SLRs before where you either set your shutter speed or aperture and looked through till the light meter told you the exposure was ok and it was a big step going from what I knew to full auto on a DSLR. The book has taken me, in short easy to follow steps, about how to utilise the many modes and setting the camera has. I find it very user friendly, with easy to remember hints and tips - not fogetting the pitfalls with certain settings. Once I get used to the simple settings, I'll start to play with the avanced ones and look forward to my experiments.

Starting Fishing (Usborne First Skills)
Starting Fishing (Usborne First Skills)
by Lesley Sims
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Starting fishing, 5 Aug 2009
Great book for both myself (getting into angling after a 30 year break) and the kids 7 & 4 who wanted to start. Clear, concise and simple.

Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii)
Mario Kart with Wii Wheel (Wii)
Offered by DOOGLE
Price: 44.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Mario Kart, 5 Aug 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Not a bad game but highly frustrating when you get fragged from behind after being in the lead for most of the race. the kids (7 & 4) found the karts more difficult to control than I thought - hopefully this will get better. As a result, they don't play it as much as I thought they would. They much prefer Tennis and bowling.

Apple iPod nano 8GB  - Blue - 4th Generation
Apple iPod nano 8GB - Blue - 4th Generation

5.0 out of 5 stars 8gb i-pod, 19 Mar 2009
bought a 3g for my wife a year ago and she wouldn't be without it. The new 4G is lighter and just as good. I like the slimmer form factor as it goes in my running armband better. Great product.

Freecom Mobile Drive XXS 160GB USB-2
Freecom Mobile Drive XXS 160GB USB-2

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 19 Mar 2009
Great little drive, compact, pocket sized, lightweight, does everything it says on the box. Wish I'd spent the extra to get the 320GB as this is filling up fast with movies and music as I travel quite a lot.

Train (Big Machines)
Train (Big Machines)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Machines - Train, 22 Oct 2003
This review is from: Train (Big Machines) (Hardcover)
A wonderfully colourful book, it has kept my 14month old daughter amused since her 1st birthday. She enjoys pointing out all the animals and is now learning by repetition. She has spotted the young lad looking at his watch and now relates that to the ones mummy & daddy are wearing. She can now relate many things in the book to items in or around the home. The poetry is delightfully simple and keeps her interested. We're looking to buy others in the series.