Profile for DelicateZaphira > Reviews

Content by DelicateZaphira

DelicateZaphira "Therese Callaghan" (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2
Daydream Flower Girl Sleep Mask with Cool Pack
Daydream Flower Girl Sleep Mask with Cool Pack
Offered by Zhu Zhu

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 29 July 2013
Having read some great reviews of these eye masks, despite the cost (inc currency exchange and shipping cost) I decided to invest in this sleep aid. I had been using an airplane mask and it was rubbish so I expected great things out of this. Firstly the nose pads look very different to the photos, so be warned. They're just rolled up bits of black foam to block out the light. There's nothing special about them and they're not very comfortable. The nose ridge still hurts your nose if you wear these for any length, unless you move them up on the bridge of your nose which lets in more light. They're quite thick but not completely black out.
My one main complaint is the straps. They either rest over your ears (which will hurt in the morning) or, if you move them up to rest on your ears, the top of your ears will kill you the next day. It's extremely hard to get a happy medium. And after a week of use, this morning one of the straps snapped. So in all I'm afraid I'll be using these as an eye cooling mask in future. That is the only function that works as expected and is a lovely sensation.
Having invested nearly 20 in these I think I'm just going to try to get used to the bright mornings. It's better than having a sore nose and ears all day.

Frigidaire Fcl8008/h 700w 2 Slice Sandwich Maker White
Frigidaire Fcl8008/h 700w 2 Slice Sandwich Maker White

3.0 out of 5 stars Only OK :(, 29 Feb. 2012
I'm still unsure of how good or bad this product is as I'm measuring it against my old sandwich maker that lasted donkey's years and was amazing. I nearly cried having to throw it out. I've used this about 5 times and there are a few things that I've discovered. I don't think it gets as hot as my old one did, probably recent health and safety changes or something. So I've found that for the most part the outside doesn't turn out that crispy. It's toasted alright but kinda like soggy toast. I've also found that white bread works a lot better (especially for the crisp factor) than brown or rye. I've found to get any kind of crispy outside the sandwich has to stay in there for about 10mins. Today I had one of those fake cheese slice in there and it leaked out the back of the toaster into the hinge and under the wiring :( That was difficult to clean up. I wish i knew why it didn't leak out the side or the front which would've made clearing up easier. In all, I'm sure this new toaster will just take getting used to and i'm sure I'm just doing something wrong that my toasties aren't coming out the way I'd like. But I am a little disappointed over all.

Cath Kidston The Knitting Book
Cath Kidston The Knitting Book
by Cath Kidston

2.0 out of 5 stars All style and no substance, 29 Feb. 2012
As someone who used to knit & crochet as a child I wanted to re-learn the skill. I spotted these on Amazon and asked for them for Christmas. I only started the knitting one in the last week and I was so disappointed. The tin is lovely for sure but I hate to say that's the best thing about this product. I can handle the yarn not being wonderful as I'm just a beginner but after learning the basics again on bigger needles, chunkier wool, YouTube and a different craft book I was dying to get stuck in. Firstly the scarf project is not really a beginner project. The instructions ask you to cast on 180 stitches which took forever. I had to do this 3 times before I realised the needles were far too small for that many stitches. As a beginner this took hours, and while knitting away for the 3rd time I looked down only to see about 20 stitches had come off the end of the needle. I was so annoyed at how much time I'd wasted I threw it down and came back to it later only to see the reason why they'd come off. The end of the needle (The stopper with the measurement 4" written on it) had come off. I had to glue it back on. That's ridiculous! Now I haven't managed any more of the project and I don't think I'll bother as I've read on other reviews that there are mistakes in the pattern as you go on through it and unless you know what you're doing you won't know how to fix these problems. I'm trying to decide right now if I'll keep going as a learning project (doing my own weird looking scarf using the wool) or if I'll just give it to the charity shop. I also have the crochet box set and I don't know if I should even bother opening the box :( So disappointed. All style and no substance.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dog loves these, 29 Feb. 2012
These marrow filled nylabones are an absolute find!
My dog is a big Golden Retriever and needs something to keep her occupied but she hasn't been interested in any other nylabone we've gotten her. This keeps her occupied for hours and keeps her teeth nice and clean. She loves it. The only down side to these nylabones is the very strong meaty smell (almost smells like bovril) that you can get around her when she's chewing. When she gets down into the main part of the bone where most of the "good stuff" is you'll smell it. But because she loves it so much we put up with it. I'll be buying these again.

Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece
Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece
Offered by BestBuyUk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for my Long Thick Hair, 29 Feb. 2012
I've only used these rollers once and they worked perfectly. They're different to any heated rollers I've used before and as I have long thick hair I didn't think I'd have enough rollers. Au contrare! I had 2 left when I was finished. The rollers get nice and hot and stay hot for a long time after they've been turned off. The pins are a little fiddly but worked fine and will just take some getting used to. I got a lovely bouncy curl from these, not too tight at all and when combed through the curl in my hair was just lovely. Unfortunately, my curls fell out after a short time but I don't blame the product at all. I had just gotten my hair done a few days before and the hairdresser had not used any product or conditioner and my hair was poker straight. My hair was never going to maintain the curl after that. Also, I don't think I left them in long enough as I was eager to see the end result. I'd recommend using a setting lotion or to use on hair that has been let dry by itself or has just been blast dried with a hairdryer. The box is nice and compact and there are 2 compartments for the pins that come with the rollers.
All in all I'd be pleased to recommend these to someone else. (Also thank you Amazon for another quick and easy purchase)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2012 12:18 PM BST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but Frustrates me every time, 28 Dec. 2011
I had a blade grinder already but was informed by those in the know that I had to have a burr grinder instead. So my other half got this one on Amazon last year. I should've stuck with the blade one which worked just fine in my opinion. This grinder works fine, well even. There are different levels of grind you can get from fine all the way down to very coarse. But the one thing that makes me want to throw it at the wall every time I use it is that no matter how much coffee you want to grind - for just one cup or for 10 cups, everytime you turn the grinder on, the vibrations of the grinding mechanism pushes the coffee catching drawer out catching, resulting in only half the coffee in the drawer with the rest depositing in the back or on your counter. You literally have to stand there with your finger on it to keep it in there, if you turn your back for a second it pops out of there. Sticking it with tape or anything like that isn't really feasible as you have to take it out anyway and the hole isn't big enough to put anything else in there to catch the coffee.
So before you buy, be aware of this big downside of this product. It works well but I wouldn't recommend it to others :(

Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)
Offered by games-wizard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game....so I'm told!, 12 Sept. 2011
As I bought this as a gift for my boyfriend, I can't really comment too well on how good the game is. But suffice to say, he's enjoying it and was so delighted to get it as a gift. The only thing he moans about is the ease at which you seem to be able to leave the game without saving and therefore being brought back to the start of a level that you've already finished. Aside from that, would recommend.

Abundance Through Reiki (Shangri-La Series)
Abundance Through Reiki (Shangri-La Series)
by Paula Horan

5.0 out of 5 stars For the advanced Reiki User, 21 Mar. 2011
This is a good book but is not for the feint hearted. The author doesn't go into the nitty gritty of reiki attunements etc. but tells you how to use reiki and what you can get out of it if you're already a initiated into reiki. So i wouldn't recommend this for a "new to reiki" person. I've read a lot of reiki books but I found the imagery and explanations in this a little difficult to follow. I did get some very good insights into using reiki and the power of attraction through this book though. I just can't commit to the 42 day programme right now. I'm hoping I can follow it at some stage in the future. This is a great book to dip and and out of but be warned, it is heavy going.

beauty trolley for Salon, Massage Table, Therapy, Portable, Mobile, nail tech, manicure case,

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 Aug. 2010
If you're looking for a portable sturdy massage table, this one is perfect. I did a lot of searching before I settled on this one and I wasn't sorry. I was looking for a table suitable for reiki so that I could sit with my knees comfortably underneath either end. It comes with a carry case (with shoulder strap and side pocket) and is light enough to carry from car to house. It folds up easily and the height is easily adjusted, the legs move up and down easily enough when the table is on it's side. It is comfortable and is wide enough to suit any size client. There are a lot of accessories that come with it, stored and attached to the underside of the bed. Even though I won't be using them, they're very handy to have.
I would highly recommend getting this table especially for the beginner and for reiki practitioners.

Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck
Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck
by Pamela Smith
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Tarot Deck, 4 July 2010
I am so glad I decided on this Tarot deck for my beginner deck. The Radiant Rider deck has beautiful illustrations that have lots of symbolism, imagery and colour for any beginner to easily get to grips with. I've had this deck a couple of months now and each time I look the individual cards, I see something new in them. The quality of the deck is excellent and they have a beautiful sheen on them that makes them easy to shuffle and handle.
I would definitely recommend this deck for any beginner into Tarot or even those who are further advanced.

Page: 1 | 2