Profile for Jase > Reviews

Olympus RM-UC1 USB Remote Cable Control
Olympus RM-UC1 USB Remote Cable Control
Offered by AVIDES u.k.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says but very short!, 15 Jan. 2013
The button allows to half depress it to activate the AF which is good but I think it's expensive for what it is. One thing to note (and the reason this is a three star review) is that the cable is very short in comparison to the remote relesaes I've used on other makes of camera. I think it's only a metre long in total.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2013 12:07 PM BST

Web of Lies - My Life with a Narcissist
Web of Lies - My Life with a Narcissist

4.0 out of 5 stars very good read, 15 Aug. 2012
I've read a few books now about narcissism now after unfortunately being involved with someone with those sort of traits for a couple of years. I had trouble putting this down as other reviewers have said, so much of it was familiar to me and was chilling to read at times. What's good about this book is that it just deals with it from a personal viewpoint rather than a psychological one and I think really helps compliment any other books that you read on the subject. Recommended.

Only dropped a star because I think it needs a further proof read as there are a few spelling mistakes etc... none of which detracts from the overall message though.

Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Next Level (Blu-ray) [2012] [Region Free]
Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Next Level (Blu-ray) [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Patrick Stewart

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but disappointing..., 31 Jan. 2012
I'm glad they released a teaser like this, having bought TNG twice now I'd really like to see how much of an improvement it is. If you're thinking about getting the series again, this disc is worth it. It looks fantastic, very crisp and clear. You really can see detail that isn't visible in SD (like the people walking around the observation deck in opening credits). The special effects look great, a definate testament to how well it was obviously produced at the time. The bad news is that it's all 4:3, worse in that it's a 16:9 picture with black bars added so some TV's won't even be able to zoom. I wasn't impressed with the sound either, it's a little muddy and the level seems quite low. I'm not convinced I'll shell out for the remastered series based on this.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2012 2:23 PM GMT

Difficult Personalities: It's Not You; It's Them
Difficult Personalities: It's Not You; It's Them

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Introduction to Difficult Personalities, 22 Sept. 2011
I've read a few books of this type now after getting involved with someone who was particularly difficult. In some ways I wish I'd read this first as it's a good start. The style is a bit repetitive if you read it cover to cover, but to be fair the author does say that it's a book where you use the bits you want. Each part therefore stands up on its own. I liked the way he suggests strategies for dealing with ech type too. It's a good introduction to the subject and he gives plenty of references if you want to delve a bit deeper.

The Relate Guide To Starting Again: Learning From the Past to Give You a Better Future (Relate Relationships)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Insightful and Resassuring, 31 Mar. 2011
I downloaded this as a kindle book, and found it quite reassuring given the stage in life that I'm currently at. I'm having counselling at the moment and it's helped to put some of the issues that I've been discussing into much needed context. There are many real world examples used (obviously with names changes) to illustrate almost every point made. It may be a relatively quick read, but I can see myself going through it again soon too.

The only minor comment regarding the Kindle version, is that some of the formatting around the task sections is a little awry but that doesn't detract from its' usefulness!

Grumman F-14 Tomcat: Anytime, Baby...! Images and Reminiscences from 35 Years of Active Service
by Dave Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Photography and Insightful Reading, 21 April 2009
I've been an F-14 fan since I was a kid and now I've got back to making models I've been looking for good reference photos. Got this rather large book today and just sat and consumed it! The photography is superb and shows the Tomcat in a variety of states, form fresh painted '70s jets to the patchy, dirty grey look in wore near the end. I found the text enthralling though, a lot of the comments make you realise that the lucky people that got to fly the 'cat are just as human as you or I. I laughed out loud at some of the comments, very entertaining. If you're a fan of the Tomcat I thoroughly recommend this book, you won't be disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2014 2:55 PM BST