Profile for Philip > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Samsung External 3D Blu-ray Writer - White
Samsung External 3D Blu-ray Writer - White

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 18 months very light use, 17 Jun. 2016
Worked fine while it lasted, but after just 18 months, with minimal use, it has ceased to read any disks - cd, dvd or bluray - spinning up, only to make a whining sound and then failing to eject. As noted by some other reviews, the case is quite flimsy. I had expected better from Samsung, whose products I held in high regard. I have given it 2 stars, because, before it failed, I had no problems with it attached to my Mac Mini.I will be looking to another manufacturer for a replacement.

Fisual 3.5 mm Jack Socket Saver for S-Flex Mini
Fisual 3.5 mm Jack Socket Saver for S-Flex Mini
Offered by AudioVisual Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for use with Phones/Tablets in protective cases., 13 Mar. 2015
The 7mm wide diameter of the 3.5mm male jack allows the use of headphones with a 3.5mm jack with a larger diameter case on my iPad and and iPhone without removing them from their protective cases and extending the cable too much. Appears well made, obviously only time will tell if it lives up to its looks.

Tchaikovsky: 6 Symphonies
Tchaikovsky: 6 Symphonies

5.0 out of 5 stars Super reecording, 19 April 2014
Bought this set because I was lacking the Tchaikovsky syphonies in my collection. Like others have noted, it could be frustating that the 5th is split across two cd's, but as I rarely listen to the cd, having ripped it to my ipod, this is less of an issue for me.

Parker Sonnet Pink Gold Chrome Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen - Gift Boxed
Parker Sonnet Pink Gold Chrome Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen - Gift Boxed
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fountain pen, 19 April 2014
Bought this at a knock down price to get a spare 18K medium nib at less then you can purchase the nib on its own - a no brainer!

Parker Sonnet Sterling Silver CT Fountain Pen
Parker Sonnet Sterling Silver CT Fountain Pen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fountain pen, 19 April 2014
I use this most of the time and it writes exceptionally well. It came with a fine nib, but this appeared very fine in comparison to my Waterman, so I made use of Parker's Nib Replacement scheme, returning the fine nib and recieving a medium nib for free (well I had to pay P&P to get the nib to Parker in the first place).

Wagner: Parsifal
Wagner: Parsifal

5.0 out of 5 stars superb recording, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Wagner: Parsifal (Audio CD)
Very pleased with this purchase. This is a beautiful work and this recording does it justice. The set inculded a booklet with the full libretto.

Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 Closed Circumaural Over-Ear Headphone - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Be cautious, some of the reviews here are for the cheaper on ear Momentums, 21 Feb. 2014
I bought these Momentum headphones to use out and about where my Grado SR80i's are not useable through background noise, etc. The quality of materials used in the Momentums puts the Grado's to shame, as does the finish, but what about the sound reproduction? Comparing closed headphones to open 'phones is a bit like comparing apples to oranges, but the music (mainly classical) through my ipod (all lossless ALAC) is truly impressive. Sure, my ears are going to get a bit warmer, but it's that close fit of the leather ear pieces that is so useful in cutting ambient sounds out, allowing a lower volume to be used (and preventing excessive sound leakage). The ipod/iphone volume/mic control works just fine on my nano (7th gen) and ipod 3GS. The Momentums still need some running in to lossen them up but all in all I'm very happy with the buy at £236.

Thermos Venice Carafe, Stainless Steel, 2.0 Litre
Thermos Venice Carafe, Stainless Steel, 2.0 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective thermos product., 2 Jan. 2014
Bought to save time at meetings by prepraparing cafetier coffee in advance. As long as the jug is prewarmed the contents stay hot for several hours (I've used the contents up to four hours later with no problems).

Replacement Remote Control for Marks-and-spencer MS1551F
Replacement Remote Control for Marks-and-spencer MS1551F
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement remote for M&S tv, 2 Jan. 2014
The original remote for our M&S tv developed a fault with some buttons failing to work (mainly the power off & standby buttons). Ordered this equivalent not expecting full compatability, but pleasently suprised that so far (1 month in) every thing works well. The button layout is a little different, but so what? Recommended as without a remote, most modern tv's are useless!

Waterman Standard Convertor
Waterman Standard Convertor
Offered by C-GEAR

5.0 out of 5 stars Fountain pen convertor, 6 Sept. 2013
What can I say - it enables you to use bottle ink in your Waterman fountain pen. It works well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7