Profile for Craig > Reviews

Casio GW-6900-1ER Men's G-Shock Radio-controlled Digital Resin Strap Watch
Casio GW-6900-1ER Men's G-Shock Radio-controlled Digital Resin Strap Watch
Offered by SunnyvaleWheels

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic no-nonsense G-Shock, 15 Oct. 2012
Has everything it needs and nothing it doesn't, together with the classic looks and value for money this is quite possibly the best G-Shock available.

I like to have a digital watch for work and have tried quite a few trying to find the perfect one (I'm a bit of a watch addict too!) Solar powered and radio controlled are big plus points and I wouldn't be without them now.

Of the many G-Shocks I tried before this one were the GW-M5610-1ER but I was disappointed with the fit/finish of the watch as the joint between the strap and bezel was quite shoddy to be honest. The GW-6900-1ER seems to be much better built and is cheaper! I was at first put off when looking at pictures as the digital display seems quite small compared to the overall face size of the watch but in reality it is fine and perfectly readable in all conditions. (I also tried negative display models which look cool but are not very legible in low light conditions).

I also tried a Riseman and although it looks great I couldn't justify the extra expense for functions I wouldn't use.

All in all for the money you can't go wrong with the GW-6900-1ER

Casio GW-M5610-1ER Wave Ceptor Radio Controlled G-SHOCK Mens Digital Resin Watch
Offered by Chapelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic looks with modern technology, 7 Aug. 2011
The classic G-Shock with the added benefit of solar power and radio controlled timekeeping. This is quite a subtle G-Shock and sits nicely on the wrist, I had a bigger G-Shock before which seemed to get in the way all the time but this one is much better. When reasonably priced watches exist that are 100% accurate and powered by daylight it begs the question 'why buy a watch that isn't solar powered and radio controlled?!'

I love this watch and love the technology so much that I have since bought another Casio wave ceptor solar as well for 'best'!

Great service from Amazon too.

Casio G-7800B-1ER G-Shock Mens Digital Resin Strap Watch
Casio G-7800B-1ER G-Shock Mens Digital Resin Strap Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars How a G-Shock should be!, 23 Jan. 2010
This is a very chunky watch and looks very cool in all black with the black screen. It's not too heavy though and feels comfortable on the wrist. There are various options for how the date is displayed and you can personalise the top line of the display to say anything you like too! I bought this for work use as I need a tough digital watch but will also wear it out of work as it looks so damn good!