ARRAY(0xb6a08588)

VTech Gadget the Robot
VTech Gadget the Robot
Price: 28.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: VTech Gadget the Robot (Toy)
I really don't understand how this has such good reviews. My 4 year old was desparate for this after seeing the tv advert, he begged and begged to be allowed to spend his birthday money on it. Has played with it for about 10 mins in total, has zero interest in it and it's already jammed up, which judging by a quick search on the internet is a common problem. Its age range is 3-7 but it looks like a baby toy. Huge piece of junk that I'd love to return.

Skylanders Giants Battle Portals - Chop Chop's Battle Portal
Skylanders Giants Battle Portals - Chop Chop's Battle Portal
Offered by Acosta Direct
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and overpriced, 12 Aug 2013
My 4 and 5 year old boys normally love all things skylanders but these were a complete waste of money. Small and fiddly and difficult for them to put back together, a few minutes of play and the kids set them aside. Poor, don't waste your money.

Ben 10 Total Transformation Game
Ben 10 Total Transformation Game
Offered by scificollectorshop
Price: 8.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Simple little game, 9 July 2013
My 4 year old and 5 year old boys are big fans of Ben 10, this is a simple and fun little game that keeps them entertained. Move around the board, basically see if the number on the alien in the omnitrix matches the number on the villain alien, if it does roll a dice, if it says win, you keep that villain, when you have 4 villains you win. Yes it's a simple game, but my littleuns love pressing the lever on the omnitrix and seeing what alien comes up andit's cheap and fills in time on a rainy afternoon.

Hasbro Play-Doh Smashed Potatoes Game
Hasbro Play-Doh Smashed Potatoes Game
Offered by Concept4U (UK)
Price: 12.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun for younger children, 28 Feb 2013
This is by far my three year old boy's favourite game, be warned you do have to have quite a bit of patience to play this as an adult and the game does go on a fair while! However he just never gets bored of moulding the potato man and seeing him get squished in different ways! We've had it two months now and it's still his first choice of plaything!

Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for iPhone 4 /4S- Pink
Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for iPhone 4 /4S- Pink
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 12.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Major flaw with the camera, 15 Jan 2013
This case has kept my phone safe despite being dropped many many times but I'm afraid I'm going to have to bin it because I'm too frustrated by the blurry awful photos it's producing because the flash bounces off the white inner case, I've tried colouring the case in with black sharpie but I'm still getting the same problem, very disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2013 5:31 PM BST

LeapFrog Leapster Explorer Gaming System (Green)
LeapFrog Leapster Explorer Gaming System (Green)
Offered by ToyMonster
Price: 56.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and seemingly indestructible!, 11 Jan 2013
We've had ours eighteen months now and it's just brilliant, I think it's taught my 3 year old and 5 year old boys sooo much and it's saved my sanity on many occasions when I've needed to entertain one or other boy whilst the others swimming lesson is on, not only will they sit quietly unknowingly learning but it normally draws a crowd of other children to watch and chat to them. I was inspired to write this review as I've just accidentally bounced ours on a concrete floor and it's still working!! Amazing!

Orchard Toys Bus Stop
Orchard Toys Bus Stop
Price: 7.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Educational but a little dull, 1 Dec 2012
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Orchard Toys Bus Stop (Toy)
I love Orchard Toys games, and this is very educational and a good premise, counting people on and off the bus but I'm afraid as a family we just find it a little dull. It's a struggle to get my 3 year old and 5 year old boys to last out the game and I have to admit my heart sinks when they pull this one out to play! It is helping to teach them about addition and subtraction though.

Scrabble Junior
Scrabble Junior
Offered by Surplus Trade Supplies
Price: 26.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational and Fun, we play our own variation, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: Scrabble Junior (Toy)
For some reason our version did not have all the letters printed on one side, so we had to write them on ourselves. We play a variation where everyone picks one tile, places it and if their tile completes a word they get a point, this makes the game go a lot faster and keeps my 5 year old and 3 year old boys engaged, they have a lot of fun with this game and often choose to play it. It's helping no end with their letter recognition and the older one's reading. It's also nice knowing that when they're older we can flip the board and play a more advanced version! All the components are very well made and good quality.

HALLMARK BIGSBY INTERACTIVE STORYBOOK AND STORY BUDDY
HALLMARK BIGSBY INTERACTIVE STORYBOOK AND STORY BUDDY
Offered by Something Special Online
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute - wonderful idea, would personally have liked a more simple story, 28 Nov 2012
Bigsby is adorable, he's cute and well made and cuddly and clearly good quality. I bought him as a reward for my 5 year old son winning an award at school. I thought Bigsby would encourage him with his reading, my only gripe with the product is that the story is much too difficult for my son to read himself, Bigsby requires key phrases such as 'he was an extremely shy guy' - and each page of the book is choc full of text, would love them to have produced books aimed at different reading levels (something for the future Hallmark?)

Also, be warned, the free app only works with an ipad, quite frustrating as I'd thought from the box that it would work with my iphone. These are only gripes though, because they can't take away from how adorable Bigsby is and the look of sheer wonder and delight on my son's face the first time Bigsby spoke.

Crayola Spira Chalk Blaster
Crayola Spira Chalk Blaster
Offered by Otherland
Price: 6.24

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - Children can't do it unaided, 3 Sep 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola Spira Chalk Blaster (Toy)
My 3 year old and 4 year old boys were very excited to try this but it turned into an exercise in frustration as the release button was very stiff and took some effort for me to push, there is no way a young child could manage it unaided. Once the spinner was released the boys were quite entertained and it did draw swirly patterns, the chalks were chunky and the whole thing is well-made. It's just a real shame that the children can't play with this on their own, my two are very independent and it spoilt it for them that Mummy kept having to press the button for them. Also, there are two spinners so I had thought they'd both be able to play at the same time, but as there was only one handle they had to take turns which just added to the whole exercise in frustration, I wish I'd avoided this and we'd just drawn freehand with some chalk instead!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3