Profile for Pete > Reviews

Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers
Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers
Price: 119.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Impressed, 19 Jan 2014
Just bought this for my youngest daughter. Her older sister has the older version which is fantastic. The new version is slightly different size and shape (narrower, why?) and does not come with a camera. When I ordered this I thought I was getting a better and more up to date version of my other daughters, but really this newer one seems substandard rather than improved. I am having problems with it locking up and not responding to touch, I have tried deleting apps, although we still had 1 GB free, so this shouldn't have been a problem. It was fairly low on battery so hopefully charging it will solve the problem, the 20 second reboot did not work. I have an ipad too and this will work perfectly well until the last drop of battery is drained, this Kindle seems to go screwy when it gets down to under 20% which means the battery life is significantly reduced. Overall, not very impressed. If it keeps playing up I will return it and bite the bullet and pay the extra for an ipad mini. I have another daughter whose birthday is coming up and I was going to get her a Kindle too so they all have them, seriously rethinking this right now.

GQ Eats: The cookbook for men of seriously good taste
GQ Eats: The cookbook for men of seriously good taste
by CONDE NAST INDEPENDENT MAGAZIN
Price: 18.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Selection of World Class Recipes, 9 Sep 2013
If you want top restaurant recipes from our world class chefs this is the book for you. Some cooking experience is required to understand terminology, but you will cope if you cross reference on google. Its is also excellent value, I have paid 5 times this amount for books like this with half the amount of recipes. My new favourite recipe book and I have had 100's.