Profile for colliecrew > Reviews

Content by colliecrew

colliecrew (Perthshire, Scotland)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says, 27 Mar. 2014
Great product, packaging and instructions. Would definitely buy again if ever required. Many thanks for a great product at a great price

The Wicked Girls
The Wicked Girls
by Alex Marwood

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to challenge your core beliefs, 27 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Wicked Girls (Paperback)
I can't recall how I stumbled upon this book whilst browsing my husband's Amazon account. However, stumble upon it I did. The Wicked Girls is a thought provoking read which flips between the present and past at an alarming rate. Despite the pace, the author manages to build solid characters - layer upon layer is added to each character and, with each layer, additional challenges are fired at your core beliefs. The very characters you think you will hate, became the characters who you may will to survive. A book which will make you contemplate your beliefs. A book which so skilfully interweaves the characters to a gripping end. A book which will leave a lasting impression. It's a must buy!

Hercules XPS 2.1 40 Speakers
Hercules XPS 2.1 40 Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot be happier., 21 May 2012
After much on line research I went for this speaker system for my conservatory TV. I cannot be happier with both the look of the speakers and the depth and quality of the sound. I am comparing these against a Samsung sound-bar I have for the main TV and I would say the Hercules produces equivalent, if not better, sound and all for a little over £30!
Don't hesitate in buying these!!!

The Night Eternal (Strain Trilogy 3)
The Night Eternal (Strain Trilogy 3)
by Guillermo del Toro

2.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed, 26 Oct. 2011
I loved The Strain, enjoyed The Fall and was so so so disappointed by this, the final book in the trilogy. It lost the inventiveness and tension of the previous 2 books and I really missed the best character Setrakian. It read like a book that both writers didn't quite know how they wanted it to end and so they finish with, even by fantasy standards, a complete Cock and Bull story!!!!

The Passage
The Passage
by Justin Cronin

5.0 out of 5 stars I want more!!!, 31 July 2010
This review is from: The Passage (Hardcover)
If you love post-apocalyptic(PA) and/or vampire fiction then this is a must read for you. A wonderful book, with elements of all the best PA fiction rolled into a brilliant, original read. The book itself is structured into 3 distinct parts, each very different in pace, tone and colour. I ca't wait for the second and third parts of the trilogy to be written and published!!!

Hater
Hater
by David Moody

5.0 out of 5 stars A prophetic piece of writing, 4 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Hater (Paperback)
I read this book within a day, it is unputdownable. The mindless acts of violence and the impact they have upon society are a reflection of the UK in the noughties. It's interesting how the first random attacks are ignored by people when they are broadcast on the news, it's not until it literally smacks them in the face that people take notice.

Pets with Tourette's
Pets with Tourette's
by Mark Leigh

5.0 out of 5 stars Teeheehee, 20 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Pets with Tourette's (Hardcover)
I first came across the book in Borders just before Christmas. I picked it up becuse of the title and the cute little hamster. But within a few seconds of dipping into it, I was laughing uncontrollably and nearly wetting myself. The mental images of the cute animals saying such profanties gave me days worth secretive entertainment !!! I had no idea anmilas knew such language. I sure my wife will adore my, I mean her Xmas present.