Profile for N. A. Hopkins > Reviews

Content by N. A. Hopkins

N. A. Hopkins (Llantrisant, Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
Garmin zumo 660LM 4.3" Motorbike Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates and Bluetooth

1.0 out of 5 stars Clunky sat nav, do not buy if you want to use bluetooth speakers to listen to music, 13 May 2014
OK, the screen is big, however it's very difficult to see in sunlight. The unit is slow, the map update out of the box took 3(!) hours however it seems to work well enough.
Spoken directions are quite clear.
Now let's get onto music. Yes it will store MP3's on the (not supplied) Micro SD card but when you play them through and Bluetooth headset you will not believe how bad it is. It's actually not possible to listen as the sound is so bad. Plus, it's mono for goodness sakes! I thought this was 2014 not 1970.
Avoid. Mine is winging it's way back for a refund as I type this.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars a cracking read, 4 Mar. 2014
With the exception of Mediaeval 2 I have now read every one of Kevins books and really rate his writing style. This book didn't disappoint. Probably his best work yet and I look forward to reading the sequel.
Well done Kevin, damned foot writing.

Black 9" Straight Gas Lift for an Office Chair
Black 9" Straight Gas Lift for an Office Chair
Offered by BiMi

3.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive instructions? LOL, 30 Jan. 2013
So the replacement gas lift arrived. Wrapped in bubble wrap and a second hand Yodel bag.
Comprehensive instruction? Where? There was no paperwork at all, not even a receipt. As I am mechanically minded and have large mole grips and a rubber mallet I replaced the lift without the need for instructions however if you don't have access to these tools or common sense I suggest that you may need the comprehensive instructions.
Other than that, it arrived, fitted and my chair now stays at one level instead of slowly lowering me (annoyingly) towards the ground.
5 stars for the product and cost reduced to 3 stars as the company plainly doesn't have a QC department or staff who give a damn about packaging.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2013 11:28 PM GMT

Am-Tech Mini Vice with Clamp
Am-Tech Mini Vice with Clamp

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 22 Dec. 2012
Terrible quality, it had chipped paint and was rusting when received it.The jaws didn't align correctly either.
Not worth 50p, avoid.

Citizen Eco-Drive Men's Watch with White Dial Chronograph Display and Black Leather Strap CA0361-04A

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice timepiece, 24 Nov. 2012
I own several watches including a Breitling, a TAG and an Oris. This was bought in the Black Friday sale as a daily wearer as the others are just a bit too chunky for every day use.
I must admit to being very pleasantly surprised by this watch. The 3 dimensional face is lovely, the strap a nice soft leather and the Eco Drive a bonus.
I see this getting way more wrist time than anticipated and throughly recommend it.

Varta Electronic Battery CR 2032 3 Volt Lithium 1 Pack
Varta Electronic Battery CR 2032 3 Volt Lithium 1 Pack
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a battery, 15 Nov. 2011
and it does exactly what it says on the packaging, power things!
What more would you expect from a battery I ask myself?

Breil Watch Milano Chr Gent Ip Black Case 45 Mm Black Str Bw0424
Breil Watch Milano Chr Gent Ip Black Case 45 Mm Black Str Bw0424

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice watch if a bit large, 15 Nov. 2011
Firstly, this is a BIG watch and definately not for the shy, retiring type. It loses a star from my rating as, for the cost it should at least be luminous at night but other than that, it's a decent timepiece.

Roman - The Fall of Britannia (The Roman Chronicles Book 1)
Roman - The Fall of Britannia (The Roman Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good novel., 7 Aug. 2011
A cracking read, I read it in one go in one day as I found it the sort of story that you wanted to know what was over the next page all the time.
Kevin paints an excellent mental picture in your mind with his descriptions and really knows how to keep the pace up in a book.
Thoroughly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2011 7:44 PM GMT

The Dead Virgins
The Dead Virgins

5.0 out of 5 stars Mortuus Virgo, 31 July 2011
This review is from: The Dead Virgins (Kindle Edition)
A rivetting read, I could barely put the book down. His other work, Roman was equally as good, I recommend you read them both.

Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6311/02 Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6311/02 Rechargeable Toothbrush
Offered by easi2shop

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it., 24 Feb. 2011
My son, who is 5, always wanted to have a go at brushing his teeth with our adult Sonicare.
Seeing this on offer, I bought one. He loves it. He now cannot wait to brush his teeth and loves the fact that his teeth "feel all smooth" after brushing. He won't use anything else now.
I hope his toothbrush lasts longer than ours. Both of our Sonicare Flex have died when just over a year old so we won't be buying any more of them. £100 a time buys a lot of standard toothbrushes, a real pity.

Page: 1 | 2