Profile for A. Worthington > Reviews

Content by A. Worthington

A. Worthington "B-right-on!" (Brighton)

Looking Through You
Looking Through You
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars This year's "The Feeling"., 27 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Looking Through You (Audio CD)
Just when it looked like British feel good music was going down the old Swannee again along come Nick and Mike - The Yeah Yous - to remind us of what great pop music can sound like. "15 minutes" wasn't a bad tune (even though I thought it was McFly first time I heard it!) but "Waking Up With You" is a much better representation of what these boys are capable of. Excellent harmonies,songs that go off in direction you just didn't see coming and an all round feel good factor that has you singing along in no time. Particular stand-outs are "Clifftop" and "It's Happening To Me" along with the two singles. Really encouraging to hear proper "pop" - I hope these guys are destined for great things!

Wishful Thinking
Wishful Thinking
Offered by FREETIME

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like hearing "A Secret Wish" for the first time again!, 8 Sept. 2001
This review is from: Wishful Thinking (Audio CD)
Any Propaganda fan out there will know that the only problem with the band is that they didn't release enough material. With "Wishful Thinking" we at last get to listen to some wonderful re-workings of their classics. From the beautiful piano intro of "Loving" to the frantic synthesising of "Jewelled" it's amazing and ultimately refreshing what has been done to tracks from the now legendary "A Secret Wish." That particular album has never strayed far from my music system during the past 15 years - now it has some excellent company!

Secret Wish
Secret Wish
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars 15 years later and I'm still playing it!!!!, 17 July 2001
This review is from: Secret Wish (Audio CD)
I first bought this album on vinyl - waaaayyyyy before cds became available. I wore it out pretty soon - such was the playing it recieved. So, I now have the cd and I can quite honestly say it has never strayed far from my player. A haunting, life-affirming, deliciously-melodic collection of songs. Buy it - you won't be disappointed!