Profile for Ms. EC Coles > Reviews

Content by Ms. EC Coles

Ms. EC Coles "Meimi132" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to play Mah Jong..., 27 April 2009
Mah Jong seems to becoming more popular due to the Mah Jong solitare loaded on Vista. THAT however, ain't the real game, as I'm sure, most folks who are looking at these items will know.

I did a lot of research into which Mah Jong sets were the best value for money before I ended up buying this one. There are quite a few going for about 30 or so, but this set, has the nicest case, and I had the opportunity to have a look at the set in real life, its very heavy, and generally, if things like this are weighty, they're good quality. The Mah Jong tiles themselves feel lovely too. The kind in this set are the sandwich tiles, two colours, white and green. They have the english numbers on, and its all very clear, the manual that comes with it is very good too. But I got the 'New Mah Jong' book before I bought this set anyway.

I may still be learning, but I think I'm getting the hang on it, it revolves mostly around how lucky you are lol. If you draw the right tiles, if the person to the left of you discards a tile you need... etc etc. I only got into the game recently after being enthralled with it when watching Saki, a new Mah Jong based anime showing in Japan. They play with the Japanese Riichi set of rules, (many different sets of rules... too many...). If you want to play that version, you'll need Riichi sticks too, which I got too, 6.99 for loads of them, nice quality, cream in colour. From the same seller, Lingards.

So, after my rant... if your still reading, buy this set! Best case, lovely weight, great value for money if your just getting into the game, and even if your not just getting into it, its still a great set that won't blow the bank.

(I only put 3 for educational because I don't really know how educational it is...)
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2009 7:42 PM BST

Pokemon set of 8 Trainer Figures  in uk
Pokemon set of 8 Trainer Figures in uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Bootleg Aware, 4 Feb 2009
Whenever I saw these figures before now(sold in sets of 2 when I've seen them), they at least looked better than those pictured. These look like bootlegs, fakes. Note the Brock in particular, one of the biggest giveaways, the Brock has EYES! Any fan would know that Brock NEVER opens his eyes. It's a downright shame items like this get on the market, and I never imagined to see bootlegs this bad on Amazon! On Ebay its common, but I never thought it would happen with Amazon....

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Novel - Volume 1)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Novel - Volume 1)
by Nagaru Tanigawa

5.0 out of 5 stars Novel-not Manga, 4 Feb 2009
Just so you don't get confused(since people seem to have already...), this is a novel, even though it says its a novel in the product name, I'm just reassuring buyers that its not a manga, its a novel. A english translation of the japanese light novel. The first in the Haruhi series. I've read it, and really enjoyed it. The other reviewer was right in saying its a must have for any Haruhi fan, but wrong in saying its a manga. (Unless its some weird amazon glitch where reviews are posted to multiple, slightly different product.)

The wait for these novels will be worth it. Reading a screen for an entire book is annoying as hell(Real books are the best, but when your desperate, you sometimes have to put up with it...). But worth it for the content, more haruhi for you money, it might not be illustrated or in animated, but you get the same story, and more. The more is very important.

Meimi132