Profile for R. P. Sedgwick > Reviews

Content by R. P. Sedgwick

R. P. Sedgwick "Grim Rob" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Rugby League (Know the Game)
Rugby League (Know the Game)
by Rugby Football League

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Basic, 24 April 2015
Disappointing book all it really does is describe the laws of the game and a bit about how to play it. It barely mentions the different positions, tactics do not get a mention and it's little more than a primer on the rules.

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by Entrepôt électronique!

4.0 out of 5 stars Few minor niggles but a good phone, 3 April 2015
This is a good phone. My only problems with it is that it tends to heat up with heavy use. If I am reading a book with it then it gets quite hot, I can feel it in my pocket for a few minutes afterwards. It is also slippery as it is covered in glass so if you put it on a not quite flat surface it can slide off whereas most objects wouldn't. The camera is good but with autofocus on I normally take a few shots in a burst as it gets the focus wrong some of the time so you have more chance with a few in succession.

Philips GC2040/20 Easy Speed Steam Iron, 270 ml, 2100 Watt - Blue
Philips GC2040/20 Easy Speed Steam Iron, 270 ml, 2100 Watt - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Iron, 3 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The iron is easy to use and quick to heat up. The self-cleaning feature is good. The only thing really wrong with it is that the lead is a bit short but all in all it is good value for its price.

AmiGami Bird Figure
AmiGami Bird Figure

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple creative toy, good value, 2 Mar. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Bird Figure (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my 8 year old daughter. It's a similar concept to a barbie doll which allows children to dress up a female figure except this is a bird and there is probably more you can do with it, She said it was good fund, durable, and allowed to her to make funny an interesting designs. She especially likes the curler to give the doll "hair". She's played with this a few times already in the time we've had it and she has a lot of toys so not everything gets that much attention.

The Last Chapter
The Last Chapter
by Edmund Power

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe nobody has reviewed this book it is ..., 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Last Chapter (Paperback)
I can't believe nobody has reviewed this book it is a masterpiece, ironic given its story, A struggling Irish writer discovers a manuscript in his dead neighbour's flat and decides to pass it off as his own work. Gradually his minor crime of plagiarism escalates and he ends up in a mess.

Edmund Power masterfully gets you, almost without realising it, to side with the villain in the book and see the people trying to uncover his crimes as interfering busybodies. You want him to get away with his plagiarism and turn his life around. It's a moral tale I suppose as well, the message being that small crimes can soon grow into larger ones, and escalate far beyond the instigator's original intentions.

If nobody else reviews this I am going to pass it off as my own work!

Linksys RE4000W Universal Dual Band N600 Pro Wi-Fi Range Extender (2 x Ethernet, Flexible Placement, Easy Set Up, WPS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my TV and Set-Top box, 31 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wanted the Linksys N600 Pro Extender mainly for the two Ethernet ports which I used for my TV and set top box, neither of which work with Wifi. It also had the added benefit of boosting wifi in my house. All I had to do was install some software which came on a CD on a machine with Wifi enabled (if you don't have a CD drive I think you can download it off the Internet). After that it was just a matter of following the instructions and the boosted Wifi has the same name and password as the original so all the devices which were previously connected can pick it up. My TV and set top box are now Internet-enabled which means I have two new toys to play with!

Getting Started with Bootstrap 3.3 (Code Playground Book 2)
Getting Started with Bootstrap 3.3 (Code Playground Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value primer, 16 Dec. 2014
A good starting point, guides you through the basics. I managed to find the examples online as well.

Us
Us
by David Nicholls

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not quite as good as the other books in my humble opinion, 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Us (Hardcover)
David Nicholls has written three classics and then Us. It's not quite as good as the other books in my humble opinion, but don't let that put you off reading it, it's still a top drawer book and better than 99.9% of the rest of the material out there. The book for me is all about relationships, toleranace of others, and the fact that it's ok to be different, we'll all different. Even though it's about separation it's still a love story. I could identity with the book as a parent and a partner, I suspect most people probably could.

Starter For Ten
Starter For Ten

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story,, 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Starter For Ten (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic story,, a classic romantic comeddy, Great for me as it was more or less set in my student years, so it felt like a contemporary book. You must read it!

20 Pairs of Howard Leight Laser Lite Ear Plugs
20 Pairs of Howard Leight Laser Lite Ear Plugs
Offered by Breathe and Sleep Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars ... plugs that they sell at Boots and they were useless. But these were much better and block pretty ..., 28 Aug. 2014
I bought all the types of ear plugs that they sell at Boots and they were useless. But these were much better and block pretty much all background noise. It's impossible to hold a conversation with them in whereas any others I have tried you easily can. They are easy to fit as well, I suspect that anyone who has had a problem with them just hasn't figured out you have to hold them in place for a minute or two before they fully expand otherwise they can pop out of your ear. Great value as well!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17