Profile for Rob Sedgwick > Reviews

Content by Rob Sedgwick

Rob Sedgwick "Grim Rob" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Parker Duofold Classic Black Gold Plated Trim International Size Fountain Pen Medium Nib - Gift Boxed

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful pen, 6 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautiful item superbly presented in a box set. It’s a joy to use, the nib is incredibly smooth to write with and the act of putting pen to paper is a wonderful experience. I was taught to write with a fountain pen many years ago and this pen feels perfectly balanced to me, although my hands are probably below average in size. I like the fact that you can either use cartridges or ink from a bottle, I have only used the cartidges so far, but I can switch to ink if I want when they run out.

Renminbi Rising: A New Global Monetary System Emerges
Renminbi Rising: A New Global Monetary System Emerges
by William H. Overholt

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the lay reader, 3 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was a very technical book which I struggled to understand and was a real slog to plough through. It is aimed at the financial professional with a deep understanding of economics and currencies. My main reason for reviewing it was to see whether China was an area worth investing in. There is a chapter on this topic midway through the book and there were a few hints in places of what might be good sectors, but in the main the thrust of the book is all about what China has to do to have a truly international currency, not areas to invest in.

I don't really have the technical knowledge to fault the contents of the book. But if you don't have a lot of domain knowledge I wouldn't recommend it.

Life's Great Questions
Life's Great Questions
by Jean Vanier

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Life's Great Questions (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this book rather disappointing. The title and the questions asked looked promising for an interesting and informative read. However, the “answers” were mainly in the form of quotes from the Bible. I’m not against using the Bible as a source of wisdom, however, I’d rather see answers from a wider prism that than just the Christian faith. If you are a committed Christian this is the book for you; if you’re not, and you don’t aspire to be one, then I'd say you probably won’t like it.

Sterline F50 Counter Top Water Flosser with Six Interchangeable Nozzles and 10 Water Pressure Settings

4.0 out of 5 stars A novel way of flossing!, 1 Mar. 2016
The flosser is a novel device that squirts high-pressure water into your mouth. The idea is that it removes the need for flossing with the disposables most people use. You can vary the pressure of the water and you can also use the flosser to massage your mouth or clean your tongue. In fact, you can pretty much use it to direct water into any area of your mouth, which may be useful for some dental problems.

It takes a bit of getting used to and prepare for lots of water when you are trying it out. Once you get the hang of it it’s not difficult to keep the water from splashing everywhere. However, the acid test for me came when I used it to floss my teeth and afterwards ran a tepee brush over them to see if anything was left. There was very little material that the flosser didn’t pick up.

The one problem with it is that it uses a regular Mains plug. I’d prefer it to be battery-operated or use a shaver socket for power, as it means it is not practical to use in the bathroom without running a lead through the door. But for that the flosser would get five stars.

If you used this regularly it would soon pay for itself as tepee brushes are not cheap, and they don't last long!

Dirt Devil 5-in-1 Steam Cleaner, 0.33 Litre, White/Red
Dirt Devil 5-in-1 Steam Cleaner, 0.33 Litre, White/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful and versatile cleaner, 1 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The steam cleaner is a very versatile and useful implement to have in your cleaning armoury. It comes with five different brushes which can be used on many types of surface. hard and soft. You can also use it as a handheld steam cleaner for tasks like cleaning bathroom tiles or removing the scum in the bathtub.

It was easy to put together and it’s also straightforward to switch the different brushes as you change between jobs. The cleaner comes with a water tank which was a bit fiddly when you are not used to it but I am sure in time it will get easier to use. To clean the floor, you have to connect the handle and the floorhead; these parts need removing to operate the device as a hand-held.

The results were pretty impressive on our hard floors and tiles, the main tasks we'll use it for, and all the other things it can do are an added bonus.

Sterline Sonic Power Toothbrush T50 with Three Brushing Modes and a Two-minute Auto-timer

5.0 out of 5 stars A good first electric tootbrush, 28 Feb. 2016
This the second Sterline toothbrush I have reviewed recently. It’s a more basic model than the Sterline T80 Sonic Pulse Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush with Three Brushing Modes and UV Clean Technology but Is considerably cheaper. This toothbrush lacks the more advanced features but does all the basic things you’d expect an electric toothbrush to do, and it also comes with spare brush heads.

There are three modes to the toothbrush. Most people will probably use the standard “clean” mode, but there are two other modes (soft and massage) where the brush is not so fast.

I like the fact that this brush turns itself off after 2 minutes and also pauses every 30 seconds to give you an indicator to move to a different area of the mouth. I’ve given this toothbrush to our 9-year-old daughter and I am hoping that it will instil good dental hygiene habits in her.

I'd say this brush would be good for someone to try out as their first electric toothbrush, before forking out for a more expensive model with features they might not need.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Look Good Feel Better Concealer Brush
Look Good Feel Better Concealer Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful accesssory, 28 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife wears concealer under her eyes. Before she got this brush she used to apply it using her fingers, but she finds this a lot quicker and more accurate. Because the brush is soft to the touch it makes it perfect for delicate areas like the eye and you can blend the concealer in very evenly using it.

Hotmax Fuel Logs, 20 Kg
Hotmax Fuel Logs, 20 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great logs!, 28 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Hotmax Fuel Logs, 20 Kg (Misc.)
We've been really impressed with these logs and have added them to our regular order. They catch fire quickly and really warm the room, far more than the regular logs we used to use. They are also a convenient shape and it's easy to stack them up on the fire, there are no awkward shapes in the bags we have had.

Waterproof Bluetooth Sport Headphones KAYSION Waterproof IP66 Sweatproof Outdoors Headsets Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth Earphones With 100 hours standby time,6 hours music time,Support Mic Hands Free for any Bluetooth-enabled devices
Offered by KAYSION

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, 28 Feb. 2016
These Bluetooth headphones are ridiculously easy to set up, it took me a few seconds and I didn’t even read the instructions. All you have to do is turn them on and pair them with your phone and all sound will be diverted to the phone.

For ease of use they can’t be faulted: no wires to get tangled up, very portable and very simple to charge as well. They are not overly tight but cling to the head while moving about without any discomfort.

If I was going to wear headphone sat down for hours on end at a desk, then I think I’d wear a “traditional” wired pair because I find them slightly more comfortable on my ears. However, If I was moving about like running or commuting then these definitely have the edge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some great features, 28 Feb. 2016
This Sterline toothbrush is slim-line and has 3 settings: normal, soft and pulse, which is useful if you have sensitive areas of your mouth.

The toothbrush comes with three sets of brushes, and a spare of each as well. The brushes will suit different people and I prefer the “professional” brush, but there are also brushes for people with dentures and extra enamel protection).

I like the UV sanitizer that cleans the surface of the brush heads. You just open the sanitizer cover, put your brush in and shut the cover and it glows a light blue so you know it's on and it turns itself off when it's finished so it’s very easy to use. This is a huge improvement over my old electric toothbrush, which I had to manually clean but didn’t very often bother doing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20