Profile for Rob Sedgwick > Reviews

Content by Rob Sedgwick

Rob Sedgwick "Grim Rob" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Igenix IG1513 Health Grill, Silver
Igenix IG1513 Health Grill, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little grill, 9 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The grill was easy to set up and use. You apply oil, then heat up for 5 minutes, before putting food on. You have to close the lid while cooking, but you can re-open to check on the food before setting it going again. The fat mostly runs out into the drip tray.

I like the fact that the meat cooks both sides at once and you don’t have to turn it over, as you would in the grill.

The grill cooks steak to well done in 4-6 minutes and obviously less if you want it cooked rarer.

It’s no harder to clean than a grill pan, and a plastic brush is provided to help scrape off the debris from the surface of the grill.

The grill doesn’t have an on-off button, you have to turn it off at the mains to stop the power. But it’s easy to take out and put away in a cupboard, I’d imagine most people wouldn’t keep it out on a surface all the time.

I really like this grill. A lot of the time we only cook for two, and it's just the right size. It might not suit a larger family, though.

Kensington "SmartFit" Conform Back Rest
Kensington "SmartFit" Conform Back Rest

5.0 out of 5 stars Very configurable back rest, 9 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I spend a lot of time sat at a desk both at work and a home and, like many people in similar positions, there are times when my back feels the strain.

I already had a similar product from another manufacturer on my chair at home but tried this one in its place.

I found it easy to assemble. It uses the size of your hands as an initial estimate as to your size and you have to adjust a screw on the back rest accordingly. Once that’s done you need to tighten the strap so that it fits vertically in the position you want on the chair.

Compared to my existing back rest this one is more adjustable and consequently you can get it to fit better on the chair. I’ll be using this one from now on.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Post-it 25mm x 43.2mm Index Sign Here Flags (50 Sheets)
Post-it 25mm x 43.2mm Index Sign Here Flags (50 Sheets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bookmarks, 9 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are perfect for the job of placing bookmarks in a book. There's enough room to leave a short note above and below the page and the bright colour makes the bookmark stand out. No mark is left whatsoever in the book, but the marks stay in place very firmly. It's just the right balance between stickiness and the ability to peel the bookmark off.

Mrs Bridges 9 Jar Tasting Assortment
Mrs Bridges 9 Jar Tasting Assortment
Offered by buckingham_nurseries

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great gift., 7 April 2016
I bought these as a gift. They are attractively presented and all are of fine quality. I like the fact that all the jars are self-contained and can be used and treated individually once the pack is open.

Havaianas Women's Slim Paisage Flip Flops - Purple (White/Purple 2650), 6.5 UK (41/42 EU)
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, comfortable and quite distinctive, 7 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These flips-flops are stylish, comfortable and quite distinctive. Often these sort of shoes are of poor quality and don't last long but these flip-flops seem to be quite sturdy and I'd expect them to last a few years. My wife is a size 5 in a conventional shoe and we got a size 6½ but the shoes fit perfectly so if anything I would go higher rather than lower if you are not sure which size to get.

Uskincare Retinol Serum 2.5% - With Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin E -1 oz 30 ml
Uskincare Retinol Serum 2.5% - With Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin E -1 oz 30 ml
Offered by Puruskincare

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great serum, 7 April 2016
This is the second serum from this manufacturer I have tried and I have found it to be of a similar quality to the Vitamin C Serum For Face with Hyaluronic Acid Serum - The Best Anti Ageing & Anti Wrinkle Serum - Organic ingredients -This Vegan 20% Vitamin C Serum Will Plump, Hydrate & Brighten Skin While Filling In Those Fine Lines & Wrinkles.. I like the pipette-style dripper as it provides a consistent amount to apply every day.. It's a competitive price and this list of ingredients doesn't look much different to some of my wife's more expensive branded products.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Liger Gaming Mouse, Gaming Mouse Game Mouse Mice for PC, 6 Buttons, up to 3200 DPI, Adjustable DPI Switch Function, 7 Lighting Color Options-Black
Offered by ADM Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Will be popular with children, 6 April 2016
The mouse is larger than a conventional mouse and it gradually changes colour while it is plugged into the computer, even when the PC is on standby. I have tried the mouse with conventional Windows programs and it works perfectly well. It worked without the need for additional drivers, so I assume it uses the standard Windows mouse driver. The extra buttons like page up and page down can't be programmed to do something else, which would be a nice to have feature. My daughter has taken to this mouse, she plays a lot of games, and likes the flashy design and appearance - I think it will be popular with children. I was given this mouse by the manufacturer for an honest and unbiased review.

Philips Bluetouch Pain Relief Unit with App and Lower Back Strap
Philips Bluetouch Pain Relief Unit with App and Lower Back Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Guides you through the treatment process, 6 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The software that comes with this device is very impressive and comprehensive. You install the treatment app on your mobile phone which uses Bluetooth to communicate with the unit, and you use the app to guide you through the treatment process. You have to rate your pain from 1 to 10 and select the area of your back where the pain is located. You can choose an intensity level (1 to 3) of the pain and the unit will respond with an appropriate power setting. If necessary, you can attach the unit to the part of your back where the pain is located, otherwise you can use your clothes to hold it in place. The unit is warm to the touch, but not painful. It tells you when your treatment is completed, a message is also shown on your phone.

I like the fact that the interface is through the phone, it means the manufacturer can issue updates rather than most things you which will never change from the state there are in when you acquire them.

I spend a lot of time sat at a workstation and do suffer from sporadic back pain which is occasionally very bad. During the review period my pain hasn’t been very bad, so I can’t vouch for the efficacy of this device for relieving long-term pain. But I’ll certainly not hesitate to use it when the back pain does get bad again, and I’d certainly use the “diary” feature to monitor my progress.

Philip's Essential School Atlas (World Atlas)
Philip's Essential School Atlas (World Atlas)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it, 4 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great atlas packed with interesting facts, figures, charts as well as the world maps you’d expect. The most detailed maps are of the British Isles and Europe, but there are also maps that focus on parts of the other continents. There are all sorts of different types of maps including ones from satellite and maps also showing different projections to the standard one by Mercator. It’s designed for KS3 ages 11-14, my daughter is 18 months off that, but there’s still plenty in this book to show her and talk about, and I found it interesting to flick through it myself. It seems up to date and I have no doubt she’ll be able to use it when she starts at secondary school.

Post-it Recycled Notes - Canary Yellow - Tower Pack Of 16 Pads 100 Sheets Per Pad - 76 mm x 76 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect post-its!, 4 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an enormous pack of post-its and is perfect for inveterate list compilers like me. The pack is great value, working out at just over 1p per sheet. There is enough here to last me a very long time, literally years probably. I like the fact that the post-its are pre-separated into small bundles so you can distribute them around the office, house, or wherever you are going to want to keep these.They make perfect bookmarks too! I tried the stickie’s on a variety of surfaces and they stick to walls, fridges, desks etc without leaving any sort of mark, just as you'd expect from a post-it.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30