Profile for Jan O > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
No Name Lane
No Name Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 19 April 2015
This review is from: No Name Lane (Kindle Edition)
Excellent! I really hope this is Book One of a series.

Harbour Street (Vera Stanhope Book 6)
Harbour Street (Vera Stanhope Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely enjoyable, 16 April 2015
Another brilliant Vera book. Solid characters, good plot, hugely enjoyable. Lovely relationship between Vera and Joe.

Justice For The Damned (A Steel City Thriller Book 3)
Justice For The Damned (A Steel City Thriller Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Gruesome, 12 April 2015
A good story but far too gruesome in places which meant I skipped quite a bit of it.

Taken for Dead (Katie Maguire Book 4)
Taken for Dead (Katie Maguire Book 4)

2.0 out of 5 stars Far fetched and violent, 1 April 2015
I thought this was a terrible book and struggled to finish it. If you like violence just for the sake of it then you might enjoy it. I found the portrayal of Katie as a Superintendent very unconvincing; in fact the whole story was very far fetched. My favourite character was Barney the dog! I criticised the previous book in the series but at least bits of that were enjoyable. No more for me.

Alfie the Doorstep Cat
Alfie the Doorstep Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet book!, 23 Mar. 2015
What a sweet book! I read it in one sitting and loved it. It wouldn't be to everyone's taste but for a cat lover looking for an easy reading, heart warming story, it's perfect.

The Guilty One by Ballantyne, Lisa (2012)
The Guilty One by Ballantyne, Lisa (2012)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read, 23 Mar. 2015
A wonderful book which I couldn't put down and yet didn't want it to end. Maybe that's why I found the ending rather abrupt. Like them or not, the three main characters of Minnie, Daniel and Sebastian were excellently portrayed. There were no surprises but I felt this plot didn't need them.
Very good read.

Silent Scream: An edge of your seat serial killer thriller (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Mar. 2015
I found this book a real struggle to read and had to keep back tracking to try and remember what was happening. I read about half of it and then just gave up. I found the characters weren't properly developed and just lost interest in the story.

The Informant
The Informant

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't live up to reviews, 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Informant (Kindle Edition)
Didn't live up to expectations as it was badly written in parts; the grammatical errors made me cringe. Then I discovered that the author used to write for TV which explained a lot. A reasonable plot but not many strong or likeable characters. I was surprised to read that there is to be a sequel as I didn't think there was very much of substance left unresolved.

Those Who Walk Away: A Virago Modern Classic (VMC Book 9)
Those Who Walk Away: A Virago Modern Classic (VMC Book 9)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 Feb. 2015
As a big fan of Patricia Highsmith, I have to admit to being very disappointed with this book. There were very few likeable characters and the plot became very repetitive and totally improbable. I couldn't believe that the ending was actually the end.

The Glass Cell: A Virago Modern Classic (VMC)
The Glass Cell: A Virago Modern Classic (VMC)
by Patricia Highsmith

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 Feb. 2015
I am a great fan of Patricia HighSmith and was delighted recently to find three of her books that I hadn't read. A great plot with good strong characters, this story was just as entertaining as I expected. Now to enjoy the other two!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11