Profile for Mrs. P. S. Yorks > Reviews

Content by Mrs. P. S. Yorks

Mrs. P. S. Yorks (Yorkshire England)

Brabantia Ironing Board with Steam Iron Rest, Standard, Size B - Ice Water
Brabantia Ironing Board with Steam Iron Rest, Standard, Size B - Ice Water

5.0 out of 5 stars Never thought I could enjoy ironing!, 7 Nov. 2015
Like all old-timers, I prefer lightweight tools but stability is just as important & I feel very safe with this model. If you keep the ironing board not too far from where you regularly do your ironing, then don't let the other comments about its weight put you off. And because the legs are locked, I can walk the folded board from the cupboard across the kitchen. All those height settings & wide ironing surface are a bonus too.

Canon CanoScan LiDE 120 Compact Scanner
Canon CanoScan LiDE 120 Compact Scanner
Offered by Ballicom International

4.0 out of 5 stars Too early to review a new model but I can ..., 23 Aug. 2015
Too early to review a new model but I can say why I bought it. In 15 years of computing I've only had two scanners - both earlier models from Canon.
Neither broke down: first one had to be retired because it needed a parallel port & my new computer couldn't accommodate it & the one that replaced it & which has lasted 10 years must also be retired because Canon no longer provides drivers for it & Windows 10 doesn't recognize it.

Fellowes M-8C Cross Cut 8 Sheet Personal Shredder
Fellowes M-8C Cross Cut 8 Sheet Personal Shredder

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Fellowes by choice., 23 Nov. 2014
Too early to say I love it - it's still early days. I bought a Fellowes because I've had two shredders in the past: a Rexel lasted 12 months - the Fellowes lasted almost 8 years. I'm very pleased with this model up to now.

Russell Hobbs 15081 Steamglide Iron, 2400 W - White and Blue
Russell Hobbs 15081 Steamglide Iron, 2400 W - White and Blue
Offered by K.K. Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Results from a Light Weight Iron., 5 Mar. 2010
I waded though loads of reviews & a common comment was about weight - either "this one is not for granny" or "because of the weight, I divide my ironing into two sessions." So,I ignored brand & colour & picked the lightest I could find. I was surprised by the size of the soleplate (much bigger than my old iron) but it makes for quicker ironing. Definitely the iron for grannies, the limp-wristed & any lady who doesn't have hands like a navvy.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2011 6:30 PM BST