Profile for "Book Worm" > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Pocketmags
Pocketmags

2.0 out of 5 stars What a con!!! you are led to ..., 28 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Pocketmags (App)
What a con !!! you are led to believe you get a print version of a magazine but they charge full price for one that you can only read online, I complained but they refused to refund me and told me to contact magazine publisher and buy a printed version from them.

Sony ICFS22 Personal Radio
Sony ICFS22 Personal Radio
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money......read on and see why ???, 22 Jan. 2013
Sadly this radio has now died after 4 years of regular use...its been hanging in my horses stable all that time in all weathers, its been left on all day most days and been knocked about a few times by a nosey pony, the aerial was bent but it kept going...finally last week in -5 temperatures it finally gave up and I suspect not the radio's fault, I think a pony may be the suspect culprit in sealing its fate and even though the price has gone up £3 since I bought it in 2009 but I will most definately be replacing it.

Beautiful Creatures
Beautiful Creatures
by Lulu Taylor

1.0 out of 5 stars One Word for This Book...., 25 April 2012
This review is from: Beautiful Creatures (Paperback)
RUBBISH !!!

Very disappointing after reading "Heiress's and Outragous Fortune, I was really looking forward to reading this book, two chapters and its back on the bookshelf !!

It's Now or Never: The No-Nonsense Guide to Leadership
It's Now or Never: The No-Nonsense Guide to Leadership
by Carole Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Shirley Valentine of the 21st Century..........., 31 Dec. 2010
Excellent read, maybe not quite Shirley Valentine but the story makes you sit up and re-evaluate your life, very good storyline that keeps you hooked. Absolutely loving Carole Matthews. Another success.

The Only Way is Up
The Only Way is Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and thought provoking !!, 31 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Only Way is Up (Paperback)
Makes you realise that having pots of money is not the key ingredient to true happiness, although if they hadnt met "Tracey" then who knows what would have become of the family, but a truly brilliant read and highly recommended.

A Compromising Position
A Compromising Position

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed !!, 31 Dec. 2010
I dont know what it was about this book but I just couldnt get into it at all, I read 2 Carole Matthews books previous to this within a fortnight and couldnt put them down but this did nothing for me, I think maybe Miss Matthews writing has improved ten fold since this was first published. It wont stop me buying her books though.

by Milly Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Could change your life forever.........., 11 April 2009
This review is from: A Spring Affair (Paperback)
A Spring Affair

For anyone in a male controlled relationship (myself NOT included) please read this book, its so true to life and goes to show life can have a happy ending. I loved it, couldnt put it down.

by Lisa Jewell

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking Story !!, 11 April 2009
The Truth About Melody Browne

When I read the first chapter of this book I wasnt that impressed, but I thought I'd give it a go and it was just absolutely brilliant, I read it within 48 hours until the small hours, then I went back and read the first chapter again. Another excellent story from Lisa Jewell.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyers Beware, 29 Mar. 2009
I had a pair of Hunter wellies for six years and they were excellent, then I bought a pair in 2007 and they lasted approximately 12 months and then literally fell apart, I returned them to Hunter and the customer service feedback I received was downright rude and unhelpful. They offered no explanation as to why this particular pair of "Hunters" were in a complete state of disrepair, would not admit negligence and even refused to refund my postage because in their words -
"they didnt ask me to send them to head office for inspection"

I think its a disgrace that a huge reputable firm like this treat valued customers in this way, clearly their manufacturer has changed over the time I bought my second pair to save costs. Although the price of the boot itself had increased by approx £10 per pair. The first pair were brilliant and I walked miles and miles in them and rode my horses everyday in them and they were in better shape when I threw them away than the ones I'd had for only a year.

I would not buy "Hunters" again, although I wouldnt advise other people not too either, but be warned if you do have a problem it probably wont be resolved in a satisfactory and professional manner, I just hope you dont get "Mrs Rude Attitude" like I did !!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2014 1:51 AM GMT

The Horse and Pony Care Bible: In association with Horse and Hound
The Horse and Pony Care Bible: In association with Horse and Hound
by Carolyn Henderson

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Fitting Title, 26 May 2008
This complete book of the horse is all any everyday horse owner needs, it contains very valuable information and advice. I have been involved with horses for nearly 40 years but there is always something new to learn and this book is my first port of call should a problem arise. Very good illustrations and up to date product information and advice.

Page: 1 | 2