Profile for J. Mooney > Reviews

Content by J. Mooney

J. Mooney (North Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Bounce: The Myth of Talent and the Power of Practice
Bounce: The Myth of Talent and the Power of Practice
by Matthew Syed

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 29 Jun 2013
read it, buy it for your children or grandchildren. It will totally alter how you think about challenges in your life.

Jeep Wheeled Holdall 31 inch Luggage Bag with Wheels Royal Blue 543RB
Jeep Wheeled Holdall 31 inch Luggage Bag with Wheels Royal Blue 543RB
Offered by Travel Bag Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars spot on for what we need, 29 Jun 2013
We are going on a safari shortly which necessitates travelling in safari vehicles & light aircraft so hard sided cases weren't permitted & there is a low weight limits for bags.
We haven't used this bag yet but it seems spot on for what we wanted. at 86L it's smaller than we'd usually go for for a 12 night trip but more than large enough to hold the permitted 15kgs of luggage each. Seems well enough made, sturdy enough for the job and it was an excellent price. Result is we've ordered a second.

I may update after the trip to let you know how they stood up to the constant battering of the trip but at this point we are hopeful!

Shock Absorber Women's Run Sports Bra - Navy/Yellow, 34F
Shock Absorber Women's Run Sports Bra - Navy/Yellow, 34F

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical if awkward, 29 Jun 2013
I must first say that I have a love/hate relationship with Shock Absorber bras generally. I hate them because I don't find their "compression fit" very comfortable. I have decent sized boobs & they just squash everything into your body which I don't like. However I have to admit they work in terms of stopping boobs bouncing around so to that extent I am growing to love them & I now own this bra in 3 different colourways.
I really didn't like the first of these bras when it arrived. As well as the usual "squash factor" it's 2nd fastening is a plastic clip affair like you would find on a swim suit located so high between the shoulder blades its almost impossible to fasten. ( and you can't front fasten and swivel) However I decided to try it out and I must say it does work well which encouraged me to order again in this blue & yellow & later in pink & purple.
As always with shock absorber the fit on back size is small so think about going up a size on that- cup size is fine though, it's supposed to fit tight, that is how it works.
Regarding comfort I am in 2 minds- it's tight, you will notice when you put it on & it won't feel comfortable. But once you are wearing it and while running you just won't notice it. In short it is comfortable to run in which is pretty much the point
So I have grown to love these bras, slowly!
Hope that helps x

Penguin Christmas Jumper
Penguin Christmas Jumper
Offered by Principatus

4.0 out of 5 stars Loud & Proud, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Penguin Christmas Jumper
Well folks it's a full on festive jumper. It's not quiet. The colours are bright & it's only going to come out in the festive season but then that is what it's for. n The "wool" is slightly scratchy but it's well made & thus far seems to have washed well.

Shock Absorber Women's Run Sports Bra - Pink / Purple, 30F
Shock Absorber Women's Run Sports Bra - Pink / Purple, 30F

5.0 out of 5 stars practical if awkward, 29 Jun 2013
I should first say that I have a love/hate relationship with Shock Absorber bras generally. I hate them because I don't find their "compression fit" very comfortable. I have decent sized boobs & they just squash everything into your body which I don't like. However I have to admit they work in terms of stopping boobs bouncing around so to that extent I am growing to love them.
I have this bra in 3 colours & really didn't like the first one when it arrived. As well as the usual "squash factor" it's 2nd fastening is a plastic clip affair like you would find on a swim suit but located so high between the shoulder blades its almost impossible to fasten. ( and you can't front fasten and swivel) However I decided to try it out and I must say it worked well. As a result I ordered it in a yellow & blue and then in this pink & purple incarnation, the colour of which is just fantastic.

So I have slowly grown to love this model, and what's not to love about a sports bra in such an exuberant colourway.
Hope that helps ladies

ResultSport® Alpha+ Foam Roller - Blue - 15cm x 90cm (6" x 36") - Free A3 Exercise Poster
Offered by ResultSport

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 28 Mar 2013
It's a foam roller. It's blue. it's decent quality with denser core to make it last longer. Learn to use it and it will do you a power of good. Not sure there is much more to say!

Ronhill Women's Base Helium Tee - All Black, Size 12
Ronhill Women's Base Helium Tee - All Black, Size 12

4.0 out of 5 stars practical if uninspiring, 28 Mar 2013
This top does what it says on the tin- it's a longsleeved, lightweight thermal base layer. It's figure hugging so will fit under anything you might wish to try it under. It's very stretchy but the fabric is thin so it won't conceal any lumps or bumps.
I confess I like Ronhill generally though- I think it's always well made, competitively priced and well designed for the what it's made for ie running. More than any other brand I've tried it seems to understand running so the clothes never rub, pinch, pull, fall down or ride up when you do it.
I can't say this top is stylish though- hence only 4 *s but I suppose it's rarely going to be prominently displayed so it's plainness is forgivable and in some ways admirable- it's not going to clash with anything you might put on top of it.

Shock Absorber S5044 Womens Run Bra - 34F, Black/ Silver
Shock Absorber S5044 Womens Run Bra - 34F, Black/ Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical if a tad awkward, 28 Mar 2013
I must first say that I have a love/hate relationship with Shock Absorber bras generally. I hate them because I don't find their "compression fit" very comfortable. I have decent sized boobs & they just squash everything into your body which I don't like. However I have to admit they work in terms of stopping boobs bouncing around so to that extent I am growing to love them.
I really didn't like this bra when it arrived. As well as the usual "squash factor" it's 2nd fastening is a plastic clip affair like you would find on a swim suit located so high between the shoulder blades its almost impossible to fasten. ( and you can't front fasten and swivel) However I decided to try it out and I must say it does work well.
So I am growing to love this bra, slowly, very slowly. I had to force myself to give this bra 5*s which I did because it's well made and very fit for purpose but it doesn't make my "heart sing" if you know what I mean!
Hope that helps ladies

Ronhill Lady Trail Cyclone Half-Zip Running Top - 12
Ronhill Lady Trail Cyclone Half-Zip Running Top - 12
Offered by The Running Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality , looks good & sensational price, 28 Mar 2013
This is a lightweight, windproof & water resistant top for running & frankly I love it. It's made from quality fabric that's soft to touch, in a flattering cut. In short apart from the fact I am warmer and drier I hardly notice I'm wearing it, which is surely what we are looking for in running gear. I like the thumb loops and the fact the "cuff" actually unfolds in such a way that you can fold it right over your hands if you find ur hands cold while out.
It also looks great. When I received this parcel it arrived at work and when unpacked it received many appreciative comments from colleagues so it's not just me thinks so.
It has two large pockets on the rear plus one smaller zip up pocket so you can take essentials with you easily.
It's sizing is pretty accurate so I'd say buy the same size as you would in everyday clothes and there will be enough space under to wear as many layers as you would ever need while running - since I've had it we've had some really cold weather so I've had up to 3 layers beneath it.
I got this "last seasons colour way" at a phenomenal price but in terms of waterproofs I've paid more than it's full price for items I've been less impressed with. I don't think you would go far wrong if you purchase this product to be honest-I'm certainly a happy bunny.

Olympus 8 x 21 RC II Binoculars - Pearl White
Olympus 8 x 21 RC II Binoculars - Pearl White

5.0 out of 5 stars charmingly small, 22 Nov 2012
These are a xmas present so haven't been used yet and I cannot therefore comment on how they work ( although a cursory inspection suggests they do what they should). I was however delighted by the size, design & their lightness as the recipient is goign on a safari trip where very limited amount of luggage is permissible so this was a major consideration. The pearl white finish makes them charmingly feminine too

Page: 1 | 2