Profile for E. Aitken > Reviews

Content by E. Aitken

E. Aitken "girlracer" (Solihull, England)

Sherlock - Series 2 [DVD]
Sherlock - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Sherlock!, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: Sherlock - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I couldn't wait to purchase series 2 of Sherlock. I absolutely adored the first series and was hugely gratified to find that I enjoyed series 2 even more than the first, though I thought that wouldn't be possible. The whole thing is so well put together from beginning to end. It's wonderfully written, sleekly filmed and played out superbly by the amazing Benedict Cumberbatch and fantastic Martin Freeman. A real not-to-be-missed experience that you can enjoy watching again and again.

Davina - Ultimate Target (New for 2012) [DVD]
Davina - Ultimate Target (New for 2012) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall
Offered by Sent2u

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best One Yet!, 3 Mar 2012
I have every fitness DVD that Davina has ever made and I love (and indeed, still use) them all, but this latest offering from Davina is the best yet. It's really, really hard work but fantastic! If you are feeling very energetic then the first two workouts are tremendous. But if you just need a short, sharp specific tone-up session then the sessions for your target areas; shoulders, tri-ceps, bum and abs are brilliant. As per usual the soundtracks for each really encourage you along and, of course, you have Davina for company and moral support so who could ask for more!

The Best Of Me
The Best Of Me
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of Bryan, 21 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Best Of Me (Audio CD)
It's Bryan Adams' greatest hits and it is fantastic. All the greats are on there, all timeless classics from the great man.

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
by Susanna Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Escape to a Book You Won't Want To Finish, 8 Aug 2010
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell will never leave me. This gloriously sumptuous read, both in content and sheer volume will whisk you off in to a World that is a heady mix of magic, politics, social awareness and high drama. I read it took ten years in the making and it shows. Every character is so implicitly written that you could be forgiven for thinking you are reading an autobiography or a historical text. And one can only imagine what a World that would be to live in; though the imagination wouldn't need much prompting whilst you read the story. The scenes simply lift themselves off the page and in to you mind with such ease that you do honesty completely lose yourself in it.

When I read the final page and my journey was done I actually felt a pang of loss that I was leaving that glorious World behind.

It is an absolute must read.

Come Dine With Me: Dinner Party Perfection
Come Dine With Me: Dinner Party Perfection
by David Sayer

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tremendous Buy, 1 Aug 2009
What a fabulous book this is. It's really stylish and is packed full of all your favourite recipes from the show. There are also chapters on how to have the perfect dinner party. All the winner's dinners are in there and there are also some stories to remind you of some of the disasters we've seen over the years. It's a must have for every Come Dine With Me fan. I only wonder that they don't advertise it more during the programme!

Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD]
Yogalates for Weight Loss [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars It Does What It Says On The Box!, 1 Aug 2009
This DVD is fantastic for toning up and losing weight. I've tried many different fitness DVD's but this is by far the best. I wouldn't recommend it for novices to Yoga or Pilates: some working knowledge is advantageous.I'm not going to lie, it's hard work, epecially the workout for you legs and bottom, but it really is working. The lady leading the whole thing has got a rather annoying voice but I can forgive her that because she is helping me get firm thighs!