Profile for Yewgrange > Reviews

Content by Yewgrange

Yewgrange "Matt" (N Yorkshire)

Triax 1.1M Solid Satellite dish Grey, 1.1m, Grey
Triax 1.1M Solid Satellite dish Grey, 1.1m, Grey
Offered by SystemSAT

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but adjustment is not accurate enough, 22 May 2014
I installed this dish myself which will need a longer fitting if attacheing to a wall as the dish is obviously large.

It is difficult to mke accurate fine adjustments to the dish as ll the adjustment is done on friction and so when then tightening it up the dish position can alter. In the end I had to engage a 'professional pointer' who did it in a bout 3 minutes much to his embarresment.

Otherwise good and not too bad to put together. The extending arm fixing is a touch flimsy and I would recommend placing it where dogs/kids cannot touch it.

Tout Soul: The Pursuit of Happiness in Rural France
Tout Soul: The Pursuit of Happiness in Rural France

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written but a touch maudlin, 12 July 2013
I think in all honsety that this is more of a chick flick type book, and so I found the book a touch gloomy and devoted to teh authors self pity of her failed/change in circumstance relationship. It is well written though with few grammatical errors or awkward sentances, but just not really for me I guess.

Son of Serge Bastarde: Mayhem in the Antiques Markets of Rural France
Son of Serge Bastarde: Mayhem in the Antiques Markets of Rural France

5.0 out of 5 stars an enjoyable biographical yarn, 23 Jun 2013
I really enjoyed this tale of antique dealing in France. It was well written and painted a good picture of life at the various brocante fairs. I am now going to read John Drummers other book.

Natural Swimming Pools: A Guide for Building: A Guide to Building
Natural Swimming Pools: A Guide for Building: A Guide to Building
by Michael Littlewood

4.0 out of 5 stars Natural swimming pools, 11 Jun 2010
I perhaps should have got the first book, in which there are more photographs. The information is okay but I am not sure if it still perhaps is not technically rounded enough - eg what sort of stone can you use to build the pools.

It may have been helpful to follow a couple of projects from design stage through to completion, discussing any pitfalls and problems that occurred along the way.

Still a nice read and a good starting point for a self build.

The Construction of Houses
The Construction of Houses
by Derek Worthing

5.0 out of 5 stars The Construction of Houses by Duncan Marshall BSc MCIOB MBEng, 27 May 2009
Good and easy to follow text giving most of what you need to know about construction. Being used as a source for info on the first year of a BSc in Estate Management.

Apple iMac MA456B/A, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz, 1GB, 250GB, 24"W TFT, SuperDrive
Apple iMac MA456B/A, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz, 1GB, 250GB, 24"W TFT, SuperDrive

5.0 out of 5 stars Crickey its fab, 3 April 2007
I have always liked macs over PC's, but until recently ran a PC desktop and an apple lap top, so whe my PC started playing up, I decided to get a desktop imac. All the gubbins/hardrive etc are built into the back of the screen, so no tower stood on the floor, just one neat large screen stood on the desk.

It is unbelievably quiet, no noisy fans, and the screen is fab, fab fab! I am a pro photographer, so the ability to work on photographs at a large magnification is great, as is web page creation. I took the opportunity to upgrade to 2GB of ram, the 3GB seems a large step up in price, I have also had a 500GB hard drive installed, the 750 is not much more money. all applications run beautifully. I was set up includinding transfer of all files from my PC within one hour, though with no transfer of file, you could quite literally go straight out of the box.

Very highly recommended.