Profile for AA > Reviews

On Anarchism
On Anarchism
by Noam Chomsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: On Anarchism (Paperback)
A nice introduction to Chomsky's thoughts. I would also recommend checking out Chomsky's talks and debates on this topic (of which plenty exist on the internet).

V for Vendetta: New Edition
V for Vendetta: New Edition
by Alan Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 24 Aug 2011
I loved the book - no two ways about it! The plot and the graphics are exquisite.

My slight quibble is with the print quality of the book. I found the smell emanating from the printing ink too strong and annoying. But that is a small irritation compared to the wonderful book that V for Vendetta is. Hence the 5 stars.

Logicomix: An Epic Search for Truth
Logicomix: An Epic Search for Truth
by Apostolos Doxiadis

5.0 out of 5 stars A great work of art!, 7 Jun 2011
Very very very good book. Inspirational, passionate, intense. The artwork is amazing and so is the script. Not just a book but truly a great piece of art.

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player - Black (SDMX18-008G-E46K)
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player - Black (SDMX18-008G-E46K)
Offered by iHD Lounge

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap player but that's about it, 24 Sep 2010
The Good: Very small, light and compact. Easy to use with a decent user interface. Easy to charge and load music with. Has a decent battery life. Good audio and playback features.

The Bad: My player keeps shutting down on it's own every once a while for no reason. This is not due to abrupt motion shocks or by mistakenly pressing wrong buttons. I read on the support site from some folks who had similar complaints that this may be caused due to moisture. However that isnt the case with my player since I did not expose it to moisture as such. However it is entirely conceivable that many if not most people would use a compact player in the gym or while jogging - that the player then is apparently so fragile and intolerant to moisture defies logic. Yesterday one of the earphones stopped working completely. I do not know if this is a systematic problem with the product or if I was just plain unlucky and got a defective piece. In any case, I would be a bit wary of buying this player.