Profile for Chapman > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Earphones - Black
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Earphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, comfort and longevity!, 29 Mar. 2016
As many others have mentioned, the sound quality is excellent and I find them very comfortable. I'm just about to buy a second pair as one side has stopped working, Amazon informs me I purchased them on 21st September 2010, 5 and a half years seems a pretty good innings!

Beard Oil by Brave 60ml - Makes Your Beard Super Smooth, Soft and Fresh Smelling.....Women Love It! We Use a Blend of Premium Quality Oils with a Fresh Aromatic Scent. 100% Natural - Also Moisturises Skin Soothing any Dry/Flaky Skin Issues. We're So Confident You Will Love This Beard Oil We Are Offering An Empty Bottle Lifetime Guarantee!! Get Yours Now!
Offered by AVIBE

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells great, 17 Feb. 2016
I love this stuff, I've used it before then fancied a change and tried another brand but my other half wanted me to go back to this as she loves the smell. A bit of conflicting info, the box said 60ml but the bottle said 30ml. It was definitely 60 though

TRAVEL LOG - 8 Pack Cosmetic & Liquids Travel Bags - Clear View
TRAVEL LOG - 8 Pack Cosmetic & Liquids Travel Bags - Clear View

2.0 out of 5 stars They were okay but one ripped when I tried to ..., 17 Nov. 2014
They were okay but one ripped when I tried to close it, they're a bit flimsy. Also, they were giving them out for free at the airport so not really needed

A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)
A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 5)
by George R.R. Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing... on an epic scale, 9 Nov. 2011
I started reading this series in the late 1690's and found the first 3 books to be excellent, probably the greatest fantasy series I had read! By the end of A Storm of Swords I thought all the various character strands had just got to the point of fruition (SPOILERS AHEAD, ONLY READ IF YOU'VE FINISHED THE OTHER BOOKS)John being named Commander of the Nights Watch, Bran off beyond the wall to find the 3 eyed crow, Arya crossing the narrow sea with whatshisname's coin, Tyrion on his way to join Dany who now has her army and dragons and is surely ready to think about returning to Westeros. Book 4 was going to be AWESOME!

For me, I was happy that George RR Martin took his time to get A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons just right, I'll happily wait the (what seemed like) 300 years between books as long as he gets it spot on.

The problem is the waiting was in vain. I think that the next 2 books destroyed all the good work that had gone before. None of the plots have developed how I'd hoped, I can't see where they are going any more and I'm finding it harder to care. Martin has had a penchant for shock tactics all the way through the books with unpleasant things happening to a variety of characters but he just keeps on and on and on to the point where he appears to do it just to piss the reader off: you wanting something to happen is pretty much a guarantee that it won't!

Despite the rant, I won't give up on the series just yet; I'm still going to buy the next book and I really hope things improve. Who knows, maybe now my expectations have been suitably lowered I'll enjoy the next one more anyway; fingers crossed!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2011 10:15 PM GMT

Game of Thrones - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Game of Thrones - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Sean Bean

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent faithful adaptation, 30 Aug. 2011
I was a little dubious when I heard they were going to make this into a TV show as I love the books and thought it would be really tough to try and film them, especially with some of the subject matter. My fears were allayed slightly when I saw it was HBO as I'm a big fan of Deadwood, The Wire etc... and knew they wouldn't shy away from any of the sometimes horrific scenes.

Anyway, from the very first moment I loved it, they have really captured the feeling of the books, I noticed they'd changed one or 2 things but nothing to the detriment of the story. The casting is fantastic, Danaerys, Tywin, Ned, Arya all pretty much as I imagined them; the only exceptions being the King and Tyrion (although the latter is excellent and I soon forgot my misgivings).

A couple reviews mention it misses large parts of the story out but I disagree, it covers all the plots set out in the book, even with 10 hour long episodes it's impossible to cover every little thing and I think they've done an excellent job decided what to keep/lose (fingers crossed for deleted scenes on the DVD).

As hinted at earlier, there is a lot of sex and bloody violence right from the start which won't be to everyone's taste but if you can stomach that then this is a near perfect adaptation of one of the finest series of fantasy novels ever written! Let's hope it does well and doesn't get cancelled before the end!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy pourers, 17 Aug. 2011
Nice items, exactly as described. Have already used a couple on a bottle of oil and some bourbon. Both work fine, no leaks, fit the bottles and pour easily
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2011 3:42 AM GMT

Stainless Steel Thimble Bar Measures 3 Piece Bundle Set | 25ml, 35ml & 50ml | Thimble Measures, Shot Measures, Spirit Measures
Offered by CHABRIAS LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good measure, 17 Aug. 2011
Not much to say about these, they are nice and solid, look exactly as shown on here and arrived quickly

Sony DVD Plus (16X Speed) 25 spindle
Sony DVD Plus (16X Speed) 25 spindle
Offered by siamexpress

5.0 out of 5 stars Qood quality DVD's, 17 Aug. 2011
Good quality DVD's, so far have used them to back up various programmes and films and haven't had any problems. As always, quick delivery and well packaged, unbelievable price - 25 DVD's for under a fiver

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality rug, 17 Aug. 2011
I'm very happy with my purchase, after 8 months the rug still looks as new (and looks just as it does in the picture). Good quality, simple design

VERSACE DREAMER eau de toilette spray 100ml
VERSACE DREAMER eau de toilette spray 100ml
Offered by Versandhandel-JL

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 17 Aug. 2011
I foolishly purchased this without trying it first after reading a couple of good reviews on other sites. I don't really like it as it smells a bit too sweet for my taste.
However I've given it 5 stars as it's my fault for not trying it first and it was delivered quickly, well packaged and Amazon was the cheapest price around

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4