Profile for Old Bill > Reviews

French Kiss [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Meg Ryan
Offered by streetsahead

4.0 out of 5 stars makes you feel good, 14 May 2015
This review is from: French Kiss [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
feeling blue ? A bottle of German beer, A bar of fruit and nut and this on the telly, a better fix than " Sleepless in Seattle " and funnier too.

Macro Extension Tube Ring For CANON EOS 5D /II/III, 7D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 1000D, 1100D, 1D Mark II , 1D Mark III , 1D Mark IV, 1DX
Offered by CamRepublic

4.0 out of 5 stars they are exactly as described, 14 May 2015
really cheap, no auto focus , acceptable quality but then who uses auto focus for field macro work. They do give you choices at low weight and an awfull lot cheaper than £300 + for a very average Macro lens.

Hama Katooba 150R Sling Bag for Camera
Hama Katooba 150R Sling Bag for Camera

2.0 out of 5 stars no more sling backs for me, 14 May 2015
nice bag just to small except as a short outing bag, I have found that sling backs may be convenient but after 2 or 3 hours walking they start to hurt. I gave mine away to a16 year old doing photography at 6th form college.

Tamrac 5550 Adventure 10 Backpack - Grey
Tamrac 5550 Adventure 10 Backpack - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars This bag works for me, 14 May 2015
I am not the photographer who spends all his time looking for the perfect bag. It simply does not exist.I spend a good part of my retirement walking and my camera equipment had taken over my day pack. I had become a photographer who walked not the other way around.This bag appeared to be a trade off between my two hobbies. The lower compartment certainly swallowed my 100X400 mm zoom fitted to my 40d camera. A Sigma 10 X 20zoom ,Cannon 24 X 105 and a somewhat smaller 28X80. There is no shortage of partitions provided with this bag in fact getting them out is more of a chore than finding some where to use them. It does not handle a full size tripod very well. Mounted on the side you become over 7ft tall and look like the Comms' support tam to the SAS. Mounted accros the base of the bag you are simply unable walk straight through narrow gaps. So mono pod is the only way to go.The mesh pouches are great as they give you immediate access to water bottles, sandwiches etc, and keeps them away from the expensive stuff. The laptop compartment is very use full for me to keep my lightweight waterproofs in and a waterproof cover, not supplied ! and believe me this bag my be described as water resistant, but waterproof IT IS NOT. The upper compartment allows for carrying nearly all that stuff that walkers need on a long day out. Spare socks, somewhere to put that fleece when it gets too warm. Mobile phones,maps location of pubs along the route, all the really important stuff. Preferably all stuffed into a water proof liner. I like this back pack a lot. It is a clever and efficient trade off . Do your research and scout around it is available in the UK at well below list price.

NIV Bible - Words of Christ in Red
NIV Bible - Words of Christ in Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Hits the Spot, 18 Jan. 2015
Being a fan of the NKJ I was not altogether certain that this was going to work for me. However the differences I can live with for the convenience of having a text that I can read without having to get a support to read my large print NKJ. All that aside when this down loaded it came as a bit of a suprise that this bible came with its own search engine, Whoa where did my kindle stuff go ? Well actually who cares, this is a really well put to-gether piece of kit with a small amount of effort I find that I can find what I want and reference and search really well. All together an absolute must if you own a Kindle and your need for a light wait easy to read bible is getting urgent.

The Radleys
The Radleys

1.0 out of 5 stars dont bother, 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Radleys (Kindle Edition)
tedious repetitious and boring . probably ok if you are a fourteen year old girl. Nothing like as good as "The Humans"

Sun On Fire
Sun On Fire

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely convoluted. Interesting characters although at times they are ..., 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Sun On Fire (Kindle Edition)
Nicely convoluted.Interesting characters although at times they are somewhat two dimensional. A little more in depth back ground would have been nice and one of the main characters preoccupation with food gets a bit tedious at times. Overall however very enjoyable.

Under Armour   CG Compression Mock Women's Shirt - Black, M
Under Armour CG Compression Mock Women's Shirt - Black, M

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, 19 Feb. 2014
Under Armour may not be the cheapest, but long term the quality of their products far exceeds expectations. You cannot get anything better.

"Le fou chantant" - La mer
"Le fou chantant" - La mer

5.0 out of 5 stars Intimate, 30 May 2013
If you need to feel the performance is just for you, and this is your preferred period of music then you really must buy this. The tracks have not been "messed about ".For me this recalled listening to my parents gramaphone on Sunday mornings.Before going out to pick-nick in the sunshine.The MP3 download works really well as the orriginal recordings do not have a very wide dynamic range. As much authenticity as i can get, or need on modern equipment. If you like mid 20th century Parisian "jazz" and you do not own these recordings then you are missing out.