Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

EFT in Your Pocket: Tapping into Emotional Freedom
EFT in Your Pocket: Tapping into Emotional Freedom
by Isy Grigg

5.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Gem, 23 April 2011
This is a great little pocket guide, that truly will fit into your pocket. The book is very quick to read through and very easy to understand the technique. I read the book straight through, and by the end of it, without even trying to learn it, I'd absorbed it all and could do the technique straight away. And if I do forget or need to brush up, it's so easy to just slip it into my pocket or my bag.
The iron test of course is, does it work? Well, incredibly it does seem to be working for me. I have been trying it on aches and pains, as well as moods and yes, by the end of it I often find symptoms have lessened somewhat.
It's an great little book and I'd recommend anyone who is curious to just buy it and try it for themselves!

Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm Tube
Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm Tube

5.0 out of 5 stars A firm favourite..., 23 April 2011
I first tried Burt's Bees Lip Balm a few years ago when I decided to put an end to all the chemicals in my beauty products, and while I liked the original minty one, I just LOVE this Pomegranate Replenishing one. Winter is a time when I find you really need your lip balm, and it's also a time when I really don't want a cooling minty one to cool my already cold lips even further. In contrast I love to have this slightly warming, yet wonderfully fruity smell with me throughout the winter. Initally I used this lipbalm in winter and the minty one in summer, but I find myself using this one more and more all through the year. I'm not sure I'd say the smell was pomegranate exactly, but it's yummy! My Mum loved the smell of it so much I had to buy some for her; she said it was wonderful for her chapped lips, and we both found it a lot more beneficial than other lip balms we'd used in the past - it glides on easily, with it's very nice mild tint, and keeps lips moist for longer. In the past both myself and my Mum noticed our lips would become drier when using lip balms, so you needed to constantly reapply them, and it became a vicious cycle - not so with this one.
One more factor - it passes the kiss test with flying colours from hubby! Soft kissable lips that smell great, with no obvious, sticky or clumpy "residue" some other lipbalms can have. Thumbs up all around!

pH Test Strips energise with dual pad
pH Test Strips energise with dual pad
Offered by Alkalite

4.0 out of 5 stars Gives a fairly good indication of pH, 23 April 2011
These pH strips have 2 coloured squares on each strip which will change colour according to your pH or your urine or saliva. I have only used these for urine as I read in The PH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health that urine (first thing in the morning) is more accurate than saliva testing. (The instructions state you test your saliva OUTSIDE your mouth for anyone still wanting to test saliva but worried about putting chemicals, etc in their mouths). The results are ready in 15 seconds and you then compare the colour of your strip to the chart on the packet. The colours aren't always completely easy to match up, and for this reason it helps that there are 2 different colours on the strips and I generally just take an average if it's a little unsure (ie. if one colour indictates around 6.5 and the other 7, I'll decide my reading is 6.75).
The results seem to be reproducible, as far as using several strips for one sample appeared to give the same results in each strip. While following an alkaline diet, my results were rather erratic initally and I wondered were the strips measuring anything at all, but I enlisted my husband's help to measure his pH as he was following the exact same diet as myself. His results tallied with mine remarkably - yes, his was as erractic as mine, but in the very same pattern with similar peaks and lows and the same times. The only thing I do wonder about is how accurate their scale is, as I didn't get to compare them with any liquid of a "known" pH.
So, in summary while the pH strips seem fairly good at giving an indication of where your pH lies on the scale, I wouldn't rely on them to tell me the exact figure due to the difficultly in matching colours, but it is definitely easy to have a good idea where your pH may lie.